Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-22, 07:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim your enthusiasm is fabulous

Susan thank you for your sleuthing! I'm glad to see Robin is doing well.

I forgot to mention Claudia schiffer Legs VHS. Seriously good floor work especially since I added a resistance band...ooweee.

I am pretty sure a VFer SASEd this to me but I can't remember who gave it to me. I thank you... whoever you are!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-22, 07:42 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
OMG People!!!! I just did GForce Super Step. I can't believe how much fun that was!!! Great music - you know, the old stuff that was used in a ton of videos, but such a great beat. The choreography was interesting and fun, mostly low impact and I was able to grasp almost all of it on the first try. I love the rapport between these guys; it seems like they are just having a blast while working out together. It's just fun any way you slice it. Because it's mostly low impact the intensity wasn't brutal and the workout was 53 minutes total. TOTAL WINNER!!!
That's my all time favorite step workout!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-22, 08:20 PM  
Mickey12

Another oldie but goodie for me. I did the last section of CIA 7004, All Star Step, the portion led by Beverly Todd with the step in a vertical position. I really liked this section! Lots of interesting choreography - although it seems like I had done these moves somewhere else as if another instructor borrowed them because they seemed very familiar. The music was so-so but I really had fun with the steps. Then Shannon Anderson did a 10 minute abs section and cooldown/stretch at the end. Really fun and not too brutal in intensity. Good stuff.
Old 03-31-22, 07:25 PM  
Mickey12

Back again with another old VHS recently sent to me by a generous VFer. It was CIA 2104, Gay Gasper, The Greatest Step Workout. OMG, was this fun!!! The music was so great - the old stuff that they just can't play anymore, the pace was perfect, not too frantic. The step moves were a little repetitive at the beginning, but the workout turned into such a great one! I didn't do the strength section at the end but I will save it for another day. Two thumbs up for this one!!
Old 04-06-22, 05:24 PM  
Mickey12

Me again. Today I did G Force Ultimate Step. Another GREAT workout!! The music was really good, sort of techno mix of very recognizable songs. Actually I would have preferred if they just used the regular songs instead of mixing them the way they did. But anyway, Michael Jackson was in there - super great! The choreography was mostly low impact and they repeat it enough times that I was able to grasp most of it on the first try. My least favorite section was Patrick's. His choreography just doesn't seem to agree with me as I always end up on the wrong foot with him. But despite this, it was super fun! Loved it!!
Old 04-07-22, 09:40 AM  
Gams

I did Kathy Smith’s Step workout this morning. I like this one because I like the music and I like the fact that 3 of the background exercisers each get to lead for a short time. I also feel great sympathy for Richard when Kathy says, “I see you back there, Richard. You better be working!” because Kathy is working out using one riser and Richard is using 3 risers. I always offer to poke her in the nose for him.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-22, 09:53 AM  
donnamp

I did an older Leslie today- 4 Big Miles - I hadn't done this one for years but I remember enjoying it very much back in the day. It was fun and believe it or not I FORGOT about the "Everybody" song! LOL!

Carol was in this one and I remember reading that she had passed away a number of years ago.

Mary Kay lead part of a mile as well and I think Leslie's daughter was in it.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-22, 06:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

I just finished Jane Adams Gentle Yoga . I have been looking for this for awhile at the suggestion of Vintage VFer I believe in some other thread? Not sure though.

But anywho, thoroughly enjoyed incorporating these segments into my current rotation. The DVD has a lot of bang for your buck IMHO. The background is just gorgeous. She mentions props and lots of great form pointers as well.

My favorite segments were the lying, the standing and the core. My least favorite was the meditation one and I didn't finish that segment. I'm not big on meditation though.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 11:34 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I just finished Jane Adams Gentle Yoga . I have been looking for this for awhile at the suggestion of Vintage VFer I believe in some other thread? Not sure though.

But anywho, thoroughly enjoyed incorporating these segments into my current rotation. The DVD has a lot of bang for your buck IMHO. The background is just gorgeous. She mentions props and lots of great form pointers as well.

My favorite segments were the lying, the standing and the core. My least favorite was the meditation one and I didn't finish that segment. I'm not big on meditation though.
Jane is great! I like her balance, workouts, too.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-22, 09:46 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I've been revisiting some old Cathe step workouts---I've done Step Heat, Step Jam and Step Max so far. Good workouts, full of cheesy fun!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunny, oldies but goodies, vintage, vintage vfers, vintage workouts