Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-06-22, 01:17 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello!

Today was Jessica’s WS3 Full Body Strength. We are in the city, last minute trip as DS & DIL’s suite came open for three nights. Having a fun visit!

TTYL & waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 08:25 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Moan Day. I can't moan too much because it's a stellar day here. Yesterday featured:

~ My own PT/stretch
~ Walk at university campus
~ Walk at beach
~ 7,379 steps

Cyana, good news about the runt! Are DS and DIL relocating away from you?

Sandra - All My Best. Socks? What the heck?

Paine - Good 'N Strong!

Margot, thanks for explaining about DOTM. Darn, I bought a partial bundle. Oh well! I'll catch the remainder as sales come up - 20 minutes is my preferred length.

Good morning to Beth, Pam and anyone else who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 09:13 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Good morning, everyone! We got in late last night. It was a fun weekend with family and luckily no major flight issues - and no issues for our first Uber experience to and from the airport!

I was pretty sluggish all weekend so will have to get back on track. This is my first full week off work, and I want to start settling into a schedule, although that probably won't really happen today.

cyana, is your DS moving closer or further? I hope it's the former! Glad to hear the work has been started; I get what you are saying about wanting a job well done rather than rushing it.

Pat, it is a beautiful day here too! We were lucky to have pretty good weather overall this weekend - plus I got to see the ocean (well, a little bay off the ocean, but close enough; will try to post a pic later).

Pam, enjoy your city visit - I liked the photo of you with the flight on FB! I admire how you & your DH are making the most of your retirement. How long do you hold supported fish when you do it? It's one of my favorites that I need to do more often!

Paine, artificial turf is definitely a better alternative to grass. I would be happy with a wild yard, but DH would not like that (and neither would our HOA, LOL).

Margot, I love your blue heron avatar, and I'm so glad to hear that my new yoga practice was a good fit for you! I want to try to start filming more regularly again this summer.

Carolyn, hope you gave gotten settled up north by now.

Hi to Garrie and others who might peek in (Sherry, Linda).

Have a good Monday all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 10:39 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Fitness Becomes You Volume 2 Program C: calves, quads, hamstrings, gluteals
Fitness Becomes You Volume 2 Program B: outer thigh, inner thigh and cool down
Jackie's Essentrics class

I really love Margaret's lower body workouts that I did today which were all floorwork. I will be going on a neighborhood walk with my 3 year old grandson this morning.

Cyana, I hope your DS and DIL aren't moving too far away. I am happier now being driving distance from all of our kids.
The turf installers also sprayed the entire area for weeds and installed a weed cloth block before installing the turf.

Beth, Uber is great when we have used it although I've noticed that their prices have done up in the last few years but at least they are still cheaper than a taxi.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 02:20 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today's workouts:
- Body Groove Turnaround 18 min
- The Firm Power Sculpt with Allie del Rio
- Ellen B Standing Stretch
- Lee Holden Microcosmic Orbit Bonus practice

Cyana - I hope the relocation is a positive move for your DS and DIL and that they will be happy in their new home. That's quite a project for your co-worker to landscape a woodland garden. We thought about digging out all the borders and grass and putting in some fruit trees but think it'd probably be just as much work in the end as what we're doing now.

Paine - Your garden does sound pretty with the decorative rocks. We've put down a layer of plantex (a semi-permeable layer which will compost down in a few years) and bark and luckily it does seem to cut back on the weeding.

Beth - I'm glad you had a fun trip. I think it's good to ease into your vacation and not worry about schedules rightaway.

Pat - 20 minutes is my sweet spot for Bellyfit classes too. I'm sure Alice will have even better sales the longer we wait, although I must admit it's hard to be patient sometimes.

Pam - What a nice last minute surprise. Enjoy the rest of your trip and hope the weather stays nice for you.

Sandra - Flushing socks! I'm glad I'm not in that person's head. You have to wonder what on earth makes some people tick. Are you still able to get out for your walks, or is the weather getting too hot now?

Waves to Carolyn and anyone popping in today.
Old 06-06-22, 04:13 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

My daughter took the day off work today because today is her birthday. She was going to take her 3 year old to the beach so I went with her (her 6 year old is still in school). We had a really nice time at the beach! My grandson loved playing in the sand and we saw a crab walking at the shore.
Old 06-06-22, 07:57 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: I started with Core - Body Balance from Powerfit Hamony. This is one I've done lots but not lately, so it was good to revisit. I then did Dynamic Stretch from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set. This is an excellent routine that I tend to forget about. For my outdoor walk this morning I used the Map My Walk app for the first time! I walked 3.4 miles with a time of 1 hour 21 minutes (but that includes a 5-minute bench break plus two long stoplight waits LOL).

Margot: I love my long walks, but the weather here is heating up so I try to be finished by 9:30 or so. Yes, strange things happen at libraries!

Paine: When I was a kid our family lived in Huntington Beach for about a year. I loved going to the beach!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 09:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. Spent most of my exercise time taking a nap (again) then finishing up the heavy work in my garden. So yesterday featured:

~ Gardening
~ Winsor Back Workout
~ 4,705 steps

I moved some plants, weeded and mulched. It's done for the season now, but I might still pot up some annuals to move around. I want to make a succulent container garden but they get so big and outgrow pots fast.

Paine, I love your day at the beach. Happy birthday to your daughter!

Beth, a downside to the wild yard is ticks. They are so beautiful though. A house in my neighborhood used to have a sunflower yard. They just reseeded freely every year. There was practically a mushroom cloud of bees, goldfinches and titmice over their yard!

Waves to all! Have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 09:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hmm, Pat, good point about the wild yard. Well, I would also accept all stone.

This week I think I'm planning to work my way through Lift with Cee's beginner series. I'm also looking at a 21-day program with Blogilates (from 2021).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 10:32 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Ripped & Chiseled (25 minutes of upper body work)

Sandra, you had a nice walk yesterday! I need to find my Powerful Harmony. It's been a long time since I've done any of those workouts.

I'm waving to everyone!