Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-05-22, 07:32 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workout was

Outdoor walk - 35 minutes, no dogs;
Annie Pilates Physical Therapist - June Strive Challenge Day 2: Beginner Arm Upper Back Pilates with Dumbbells Sculpt - 25 minutes

Annie's workout was tougher than I was expecting and the pace was a little faster than I expected. I just kept my own pace and probably completed 8 reps for every 10 that Annie did.

Today will be a busy day - got to get ready to go back to work tomorrow.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 06:51 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

New To Essentrics Technique w/Meg Feeney - 45min.

This was a live class from 6/1/22. I haven't done any CS/Ess for probably 4-5 years, so I wanted to take a beginners class. I thoroughly enjoyed the slow pace and nice instructions from Meg.

Anybody knows why the live classes say that they will stay on EssentricsTV for only 14 days? Do they remove them afterwards? I may ask this question on the other CS thread. I wanted to do this beginner's class in case they really remove them from their website.

Tomorrow I'm going back to the Posture Boost and Back Health Challenge. This month I'm focusing on flexibility and pain relief. I've been feeling very achy lately and getting back to feeling good is my priority. I don't think I've been stretching enough and that may be at the bottom of my issues.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-06-22, 08:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was MIA this weekend - we had a houseguest and I worked a bit, unfortunately. The weather was nice though!

Saturday - CS 610 - needed a quick all-standing routine.

Sunday -Ellen's Gentle Barre and an easy dog walk

Monday - Jessica's new Total Body Circuit 48 - I was dreading this one - the length of it, the sound of a "circuit" - pretty much all of it! But it turned out to be a really good workout. I really like this series very much. The warm-ups are very thorough and focus on mobility and range of motion. The pacing of the workouts themselves are controlled - I am still a rep or two slower than Jessica, but that is fine. She also focuses a bit on the under-utilized muscles of the body - particularly in the upper back. I can see how doing these workouts could really help w/ posture. So, overall - a winner.

Dana - they do take down the live workouts after 14 days, unless they are part of a formal challenge. I don't know why they do that....but if one appeals to you try to do it when you see it!!

Carol - are you enjoying Annie's workouts? I think I may do that series when I'm having my 2nd bathroom renovated.

My JV subscription ends next month - I don't know if I want to continue it or not. I do have a special deal so it isn't expensive, but I have to think about how much I'm using it.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 09:20 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Senior Shape - Strength Building Exercises - 25 minutes

Surprisingly, I don't think I've ever done this one before. Lauren uses one set of 8 lb dumbbells for the entire workout. I used mostly 6 lbs and traded out with my 4 lb dumbbells on a few of the exercises. I think she did 10 to 12 reps, and 2 sets, of most everything.

It was back to work today after we were closed all last week. Needless to say, I spent the entire day working my way through emails and regular mail.

Carol
Old 06-06-22, 09:45 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
It was back to work today after we were closed all last week. Needless to say, I spent the entire day working my way through emails and regular mail.
Carol
Carol, now that the school year is over, do you get any time off for the summer or do you still have to go in for the x number of days per week?
Old 06-07-22, 05:45 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, now that the school year is over, do you get any time off for the summer or do you still have to go in for the x number of days per week?
We have a different schedule - Monday through Thursdays in June with almost regular hours, and then Monday through Thursdays in July with shorter hours 9 - 2?). I'm taking a couple of weeks off in July - at least I'm telling myself that - and we are closed the first week in July. It's just a matter of figuring out how to get the virtually the same amount of work done in much less time. There should be fewer interruptions and less drama - so that will help. Our Head of School announced that next year will be his last year at the School, so now we get to start the painful and expensive process of finding a new Head. That should bode for less drama next year, but you never know.

Carol
Old 06-07-22, 09:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry in advance, posting on the fly....

Jessica Smith - Fusion Flow & Glow - Full Body Flow - this one uses both gliders and it felt awkward to me, so I did the entire workout w/out the gliders and it worked just fine. There are a fair # of planks in this workout - Jessica demonstrates them using a chair and I followed along w/ that version as well (minus the gliders). I enjoyed the workout but I wouldn't say anything was a particular stand out - similar to her other fusion workouts out there. I guess the stand out is the lovely setting! There is also a calm vibe to this whole set of workouts.

Jessica Smith - Stretch & Relax - Release Segment - I did the Rise segment last week but I don't think I mentioned it. I didn't love it - I found that it included some of my least favorite stretches from Jessica - including that one where you lay on the floor and twist around to get a shoulder stretch - that one is not a favorite of mine. The Release Segment, however, was a good one - it pretty much hit everything a little bit from the neck to the toes. But, so far, this DVD doesn't present anything different from Jessica's other stretch/yoga workouts - but that is not a bad thing either.

Be back later!

Donna
Old 06-08-22, 06:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I didn't feel like much yesterday, but I did manage a

Outdoor walk - 25 minutes, no dogs

Not very motivated these days.

Donna - the shorter lengths of the stretches on Jessica's new DVD really appealed to me. I haven't done the Rise stretch yet, but I have liked the others I've done.

Carol
Old 06-08-22, 08:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

CS S14 E2 - Hamstring Stretch - 23min. I'm really enjoying incorporating daily short stretches into my day and I'm feeling so much better for it.

21 Day Fix Total Cardio Fix - 30min. I've had this set for years but didn't particularly care for it when it first came out. It's a different story today. I loved it! Short and not too intense but gets the job done in only 30min. Autumn gives really good instructions in this set and is in no way over the top. I like her as the instructor.

Mira has a new Lower Back Pain Relief workout and I'm planning to do it this evening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvreTgRTfPs&t=19s

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 06-08-22, 10:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

last night I squeezed in a CS 603 - I'm working my way through Season 6 - I think I will suspend my subscription for now and work on my DVDs.

This morning was Jessica's 5K DVD - I did the fast walk again and I think I liked it better this time, although I still don't really see the pattern in the workout and I still miss the countdown timer (although this time I had my phone nearby so I could check to see approx how much time I had left, LOL!) and backgrounders. But it is growing on me and the scenery is very nice.

A core workout is also on the schedule for today - I may not do one of Jessica's though I may pick a short Pilates workout to do instead.

Carol - I hear you - motivation is lagging for me, too.

Dana - I find doing CS on a regular basis to be very helpful!! It is funny how we change our minds about workouts, isn't it?

Hope everyone has a nice day -

Donna