Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-14-22, 09:04 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did CE Burn 2 for the second time. I up'ed the weights a little from last time, using 10 lbs for most to the exercises. I'll think I'll be able to go a little heavier on some of them next time. I also did half of CH Elite: Rope & Ride and later in the day about 20 mins of JS's Brain Fitness Fun from WS2. I made it to over 10,500 steps for the day.
Old 06-14-22, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday was just 60 kettlebell swings so barely worth mentioning. I had to get some things done in the morning and it was hot and humid so I just couldn't get myself motivated for a walk. I'm hoping for one today but I have lunch plans so who knows what I'll do after that.

CAMBET, you're doing such a great job with CE and your steps. I need some of that motivation. The cleaning was a tough workout!! 2 1/2 hours. Worth it though to see that end result.

Have a wonderful day!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-22, 07:47 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I finished doing CH Elite: Rope & Ride throughout the day to help make my hourly step goals. I also took a 59 min (3.14 mile) walk with one of the Italy crew. We didn't go until late in the day but it was still very hot (about 88 degrees) and while I'm glad we did it, it was tough. Yesterday evening was a little cooler than it has been, so I don't see too many more evening outdoor walks in our future since the heat and humidity were challenging to deal with. Made it to over 12,400 steps for the day.

I'll do CE Burn 3 later today.

SB - Good job with the KB swings. Something is better than nothing. I feel very motivated because I feel so fat because of my weight gain and my clothes not fitting right. I will say that I noticed yesterday that I'm tightening up some (I don't look quite as flabby), so the exercise and better eating are helping. I know, I know, slow and steady wins the race. It look me so long to clean the floors because I moved furniture -- sofas, chairs, tv stands, kitchen tables, to make sure that I cleaned the ENTIRE floor. There's a woman at my church who cleans houses that I have in the past hired to come in and clean ever so often. I've only had her over 1 time since the pandemic began, so I've been loosely keeping up with the cleaning myself. I think next time I'll call her. She does a better job than I do, she's faster, and while I felt a sense of accomplishment when I was done, I also found it exhausting (I think that the weight lifting is also contributing to me feeling exhausted), and I'd rather dedicate such big chunks of time to other things. Have a great day!
Old 06-15-22, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Well I didn't do any exercise after my lunch date yesterday but it wasn't due to lack of motivation.
I was wearing a pair of skechers wedge sandals that apparently aren't very stable, my ankle rolled and I went down pretty hard and sprained my ankle. My friend and DD insisted I go get checked out since I couldn't put any weight on my foot it was so painful. The dr. didn't even do an xray after examining my ankle and making me push and twist and walk on it. So I iced, rested and took ibuprofen. It seems to be improving today though it's still sore and I'm limping a bit so I'll rest it another day or 2. Always something!

CAMBET, great walk with your friend but I know that humidity is tough. I think it's probably safe enough to have the cleaner come by on occasion especially for heavy cleaning like you did!! And that's wonderful to see that tightening up. That's what I love about weight work and I think CLX is probably especially good for that. Great job!!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-16-22, 08:52 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did CE Burn 3. I used 10 lbs for most of the exercises. With the lateral raises, whereas last time I used 5 lbs, this time I thought that I could go heavier, but the 8s were too much. Then I realized that I could pair a 5 with a 1 and do 6 lbs. So, I did and that worked well. I subbed in skull crushers for the last set of lateral raises (there are 3) for more triceps work and she follows that part with a set of *extreme* push ups, so the combo worked well. Using 8 lbs with the very slow skull crushers I almost reached failure. I haven't reached failure with most of the exercises (though I've come close a few times), so I know that I haven't reached my limit yet of how high I can go with the weights. I'll definitely up some of the weights, especially for the legs, on the next go round of this workout. Of the 3 Burn weight workouts Burn 3 makes me feel the most fried the next day. I guess it is all of the concentrated shoulder work.

I also did parts of CH: Wild Goose Chase throughout the day to make my hourly step goals and finished it up last night. I made it to over 10,400 steps for the day.

SB - Oh no, so sorry to hear that you sprained your ankle. Since it was so painful, I'm glad that you got it checked out. Good to hear that it already seems to be improving. Sending {{hugs}} and wishing you a speedy recovery. It does seem like there is always something! Take good care and give yourself time to heal. Hang in there and I hope you have a good day.
Old 06-16-22, 09:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

CAMBET, you're doing so well with CE I just wanted to cheer you on. Upping your weights is very motivating. Using 8 lbs for the skull crushers is very impressive. These are challenging effective workouts. Nice job.

The ankle is about the same so I'm not sure if it should be progressing quicker. It's still a little swollen and bruised and it's painful to walk so I've just been mostly resting. Very frustrating. I may go in for an xray if it doesn't improve soon. I'm not sure how quickly these things heal but 2 days seems a little quick to expect recovery. I'll reassess tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 06-17-22, 08:37 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I was scheduled to do Burn It Off, which is 28 mins of athletic cardio drills, but I subbed in TJ Fat Blaster, which is a HIIT workout, because I thought I would enjoy it more. I repeated one of the turbos, so I did 5 instead of 4, and I did enjoy it. I followed that up with the 10-min Classic Abs segment of the Firm's Core Solutions. I also did CH: Giddy Up throughout the day to help make my hourly step goals. I made it to over 10,500 steps for the day.

Today I'm going to do some lite cardio and instead of doing CE Recharge (which is billed as a recovery and looks like athletic yoga), I think that I'm going to do a Jessica stretch. I feel like my muscles need some nice stretching.

I'm also thinking about creating my own ab routine to try to strengthen my abs. I keep doing short ab workouts that either feel way too easy or way too hard. I was checking out a few clips from Lift with Cee (that is being discussed in GD). I noticed her doing the dead bug ab exercise and I was reminded that I always liked that one and found it to be effective. So, I think that I'm going to rotate through birddogs, planks, dead bug, and supermans (and maybe one other abs exercise) and see if I can start to see results with strengthening my core. We'll see.

SB - I hope that you continue to see improvement, but I think that you are right, 2 days is quick to expect recovery. You probably need more like 2 weeks to fully be on the road to healing properly. Hang in there! Thanks for cheering me on with CE; I really appreciate it! This is probably the longest that I've ever spent following a rotation.
Old 06-18-22, 05:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Just an unfortunate update. The ankle is broken and I'm in a soft cast for 6 to 8 weeks and crutches. I can't put any weight on it so I'm pretty useless and immobile right now. Very frustrating for an independent sort like me. I guess I'll get used to this in time but right now I'm pretty bummed. I'm hoping it heals in alignment and I can avoid surgery.

I'll probably still stop by and read and cheer you on CAMBET. You have some good plans and goals this summer. Great work.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-19-22, 10:16 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Friday I did Jessica's WS3 Boogie IT with low intensity/impact and followed that with the Total Body Flow of her Gentle Yoga DVD. I also did CH: Trail Ride throughout the day to make my hourly step goals. Made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

Yesterday I went to a neighboring town to run some errands (so there was lots of walking) and was gone most of the day. After I got home I did CE Burn 1. I upped the weights some. On the last set of posterior flies (which I was doing with 6 lbs) I felt myself jerking the weights to get them up and on the last rep I felt discomfort when I jerked it up. I think it's just a lite strain, but lesson learned, I won't do that again (keep going if I feel like I'm compromising my form). In fact, I think that next time I do this workout I'll sub in extra chest work for the last set of posterior flies. Later in the evening I did, as gently as possible, CH: Country Swing. I made it to over 13,000 steps for the day.

SB - Oh no! The ankle is broken?? Well, that sucks; I'm so sorry to hear that! I imagine that it is enormously frustrating, since you are so independent and I absolutely understand you feeling totally bummed. Heck, I feel totally bummed for you. Trying to put a positive (exercise) spin on things, just thinking about you trying to maybe remain active apart from/in spite of the broken ankle, do you see yourself trying something like chair workouts or just upper body work? I ask because I recall seeing people in GD mention that when they have had a hurt foot or leg, they still find ways to try to be active with those kinds of workouts. Are you open to something like that, or would you just rather not? Well, I'm sending {{hugs}} , positive energy, and best wishes for navigating the adjustments you'll have to make, recovery, and healing in alignment. I would greatly appreciate it if you continue to post (since it seems that there are only two of us now ), but if you would rather not or if you would like to take a break until your ankle heals, just let me know and I'll (temporarily) find another check in. No problem, no pressure; just do what you think is best for you.
Old 06-20-22, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

CAMBET, nice job upping your weights but definitely a good idea to back off when your form is compromised. Nice step totals too.

I definitely plan to continue checking in with you. I come to VF every day and enjoy reading about your workouts and life.
And I was thinking of doing some chair workouts/upper body workouts. I'll go scrolling through youtube and see what I can find. Right now just getting around on the crutches and walker give me a good upper body workout. LOL. But I do want to keep as active as possible without compromising the healing process.
I was reading a thread on GD recently about the atrophied calf muscles of people in a cast. Not much I can do about the calf right now but I can try to keep up with the upper body.

I was so surprised too to find the ankle was broken. Even the second dr I went to on Friday didn't think it was broken until she saw the xray and sent me to the orthopedic dr.

Thank you so much for your positive energy and best wishes. It means so much to me.
I am in another check-in, Margaret Richard & Friends, if you want to peek in on that check in too. No one is doing MR workouts right now so don't feel you have to do MR to be in the check in. There's only 3 others in the check in right now and they are very warm and welcoming if you want more company. But like I said, I'll definitely be coming by here to cheer you on and shoot the breeze

Have a wonderful day!!