Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-24-22, 09:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - Thanks, but I’m sure it will be fine! Going down stairs is what hurts a bit. I thought it was rather humorous that I tweaked it doing something that speaks to my potential longevity! I’m not doing anything knee intensive until Friday, so will see if Jessica’s lower body split session gets postponed until next week.
I also saw the Osprey parents feeding their chick. So cool, I hope the chick survives!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 24
~ Ellen Barrett Walk Refresh
~ Jessica Valant Back Pain Relief Exercises
~ 5,960 steps

Pam, oh no about your knee. It is ironic - hate when that happens, getting injured while taking care of yourself. Hope it heals up soon.

Beth, I saw some cute feedings two. Mom seemed to be ignoring the runt chick, though - hope she notices him soon. You can tell the female from the male because the female has a bib of brown speckling on her chest and the male is mostly or all white.

Hi Garrie, I hope you enjoy your new Jessicas.

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - speaking of wildlife, my son helped with a bear cub rescue! The mother had been shot. The cubs have been climbing around in the trees and calling out. Al's wildlife rescue is for raptors only, but they have a reputation for successful tree climbing for bird rescues so they were called to assess the bear cub situation. They decided traps at the base of the tree would be safer for everyone. Soon the cubs were trapped and have been released to a wildlife sanctuary.

Can you see them in my new avatar?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 10:03 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga on my own
Neighborhood walk

Pam, I'm so sorry about tweaking your knee! I hope it improves quickly.

Cyana, oh that's awful about the raccoon damaging your roof! I never knew a raccoon could do something like that.

Pat, cute avatar!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 03:36 PM  
YogaGal

Life has been hectic trying to get everything together around the house before we move up “north” for the summer. We plan to go up to Payson tomorrow for a day to take a load of things up and then move up later next week.

I did receive my new set of Jessica dvds about 5:30 pm on Saturday evening. But DH & I did evening bike rides on Saturday and Sunday evenings as we won’t be able to bike up on Payson.

On Monday morning I did Jessica’s 31-minute workout from Total Body Strength Training. The workout felt good except I started noticing some pain in my lower back; not caused by the workout as I didn’t do any unusual or uncareful moves/bending. I followed it with Kassandra’s new release for the Root chakra which had some back-friendly stretching.

On Tuesday I thought I’d take it easy and did most of Full Body Flow from Fusion Flow + Glow dvd. It didn’t have much cardio effect for me; reminded me a bit of the Prehab routine from Walk Strong 1. I then did the first 15 minutes of Sarah Beth’s 30 minute Yoga for Sciatica and Low Back Pain.

My lower back is gradually getting better, but it felt wise to do a short and familiar upper body set today before a morning dental appointment. I did Jessica’s Tank Top Arms on YouTube followed by the last 15 minutes of Sarah Beth’s 30 minute Yoga for Sciatica and Low Back Pain.
Old 05-25-22, 07:42 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Sandra's Knee Rehab routine, the lower body work from Margaret Richard's Getting Better, and my own stretches.

Pat58: How wonderful about the bear cub!

YogaPam: Sorry about the knee tweakage -- those are annoying.

I hope everyone has a good evening!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:02 PM  
cyana

I finally saw the chicks at the West River nest today. Mom had always been on the camera side when I'd check in and she left the nest for about a minute today (dad was there). Dad had brought a fish to the nest before I clicked on, so everyone had eaten and mom fed both chicks while I was watching.

Today's work-out was the Holden streaming class - Lee is away in Jordan teaching, so his mom and dad taught today. Class started with his dad doing an extended meditation and then his mom taught the movement portion of the class.

Pat - Cute picture of the bear cubs. How sad about their mom, but good to hear they were taken to a sanctuary.

Paine - This was the second raccoon assault on our roof within about the past six months. They are costing us big bucks for these repairs, hence my lack of love for them. We have no food or anything outdoors that would attract them to our house.

Pam - I hope your knee is better today.

Sandra
- I had to flea bomb my previous house when we had 2 dogs. I like your therapeutic flea squishing procedure! I have certainly drowned plenty of them in a jar of water and Dawn this week! We didn't get nearly as many this AM. I'll be working on household remediation tomorrow - yippee.

Carolyn - Moving north for the summer sounds like a good idea. Glad your back is feeling better.

Must wind it down for the evening. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:12 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Strength circuit day 2
~Hip & quad Acupressure, long stretch session finishing with supported fish

My knee is definitely a bit off. I feel it most when I walk down steps, when my knee is bent to the point that it’s in front of my foot (if that makes sense). I wore a compression sleeve when I did my class and my workout and it felt okay. My circuit had some squats, but I kept them shallower and I’m always conscious of form. I think I just need to be mindful for a while and wear the sleeve for my workouts & walks.

Pat - That’s so awesome your son helped rescue the bear cubs!

Carolyn - I hope your back continues to improve! I haven’t tried any workouts from Flow & Glow yet.

Cyana - Good luck dealing with those invasive critters!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 10:43 PM  
YogaGal

Beth: Glad to hear that your office move went well. I don't care for heavy, hoppy beers either; I have tried a few, but decided that on the rare occasions I drink a beer I prefer the taste of the common light beers.

Pat: Sorry about the litter problem you mentioned. But that little bear cub is so cute!

Pam: Sorry about your knee; hope it gets better as you are careful to modify movements as needed. As a vegan, I eat a lot of bean-based meals. Your hummus, curries, and stew sound yummy!

Margot: Hope your eye has improved. Let us know how you are doing.

cyana: Yes, we’ve been hitting the 3-digit highs, just around 102-103, but not the dreaded 110s. That will happen sometime in June. We had a flea problem with a cat years ago and did the flea comb treatment which was a hassle, but seemed to remedy the situation. Nice to hear that Leonid & Friends is back in the US again. Sadly, no visits to Arizona this fall.

Sandra: I will also be modifying Jessica’s new dvds. The 31-minute Total Body I did last Monday didn’t have quite as much tricep & bicep workas I like, so I may substitute that for the third set of squats or do mini squats along with curls or kickbacks. Plus I’ll be figuring out how to shorten the longer workouts by either leaving some sets out or by splitting them up into 2 shorter workouts.

Paine: Thanks for sharing how to identify plants on the iPhone! I tried it out with a picture of Sasha, and it correctly identified her as a bicolor or piebald cat. Thanks also for sharing the link to the life expectancy test, but I think I’ll hold off on that sit-to-rise test until my lower back is fully recovered.

Garrie: Great workouts for you! And congrats on ordering the whole bundle of Jessica's Strong + Centered series. I like to support her also since she’s offered so much for free on YT. And I really like her teaching style.
Old 05-26-22, 08:25 AM  
cyana

Quick good-morning fly by....trying to decide if I'm going to go with DH to Costco this AM or send him with a list. Leaning toward the latter, as we went to Home Depot yesterday and that was a near-total bust.

Carolyn - Some time back, I read that Leonid & Friends plan to return for a fall tour of the US and it sounded as though they would be focusing on the western half of the country, so AZ may be on that tour. I would imagine after the super long tour they did last year, they decided to break it up into two shorter tours (although I don't consider the current 2+ month tour to be short).

Carolyn and Sandra - I'm beginning to wonder if the cat is starting to enjoy his daily flea combings. DH holds him while I comb and he was perfectly content to lie on his back (in DH's arms) while I did his underbelly yesterday. We've started to refer to it as Spa Time. Since I said that, he'll probably freak out today, LOL!!

Must run and get a Costco list together for DH. Back later with work-out details. Hope everyone has a good day!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote