Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-18-22, 05:33 PM  
YogaGal

Beth: Hope you like that Kassandra neck routine; it is similar to the one I like from Sarah Beth. Glad the sweet potato brownies came out good. Good luck with your upcoming office move. This morning I did your new meditation and LOVED it. Definitely felt that ASMR tingle and felt so light and burden-free just relaxing and listening.

Pat: Glad you had a nice visit with your son last weekend. Yes, my Medicare bill will be about the same amount as I currently pay for insurance through my previous employer; just another entity taking out the money. Hope your Ospreys are doing well.

Margot: Bright red -- or really any bright color -- would not be an eyeglass frame for me! Your mention of cows reminded me of how much my mother loved to see cows out in the fields when we drove around Texas. Your tour of the bird sanctuary sounds lovely. And thanks for the reminder that I need to do Kassandra’s 15-minute Air Element Morning Flow.

Sandra & Margot: I am excited about FINALLY getting to order Jessica’s new dvds, hopefully by the end of this week! I’m leaning toward getting the whole lot, but will see how the pricing is.

Paine: I’m glad you enjoyed Bird’s practice for Day 7; Can’t believe I completed a 7-Day Challenge! (I did Days 1 through 6 consecutively, but then did Day 7 a few days later.) Like you and Pat, I am more introverted. I definitely recharge my energies when I have quiet time alone. So nice that you are teaching your grandson the names of plants!

Pam: Love your tree pose avatar!

cyana: Yay for you having next week off!! Sorry to hear about the racoon problems. Hope you can check in this weekend.
Old 05-18-22, 06:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, thanks for your kind comments about the new meditation video! I will definitely consider doing more sound ones in the future. I did like the neck & shoulders routine from Kassandra; I think I've done that same one from SarahBeth too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 08:28 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Needed a little break from Margaret, so today I did The Firm Lower Body Sculpt II with Libby.

Pat58 and Cyana: Yikes on the raccoons!

Beth: Good luck with your move.

Garrie: Sorry you had to work on your birthday, but it still sounds like you got several nice treats.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 09:22 PM  
YogaGal

Catching up with my latest workouts.

Last Friday I took a rest day.

Saturday’s Workout – Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Weights, No Tubing premix from Strong and Lean
AND Yoga with Joelle’s Full Body Yoga for Strength and Flexibility - 10 min Creative Flow (More Intermediate).

Sunday was just a short yoga day, with Kassandra’s 15-Minute Evening Flow – Day 23 in the evening, and before bed, Bird’s 5 Minute Yoga for Sleep.

Monday:
Jessica Smith’s Poise & Grace from Build Balance + Inner Strength dvd
AND Yoga with Joelle’s Lower Back Yoga - Pain Relief // - Day #15 .

Tuesday:
Jessica Smith’s Latin Dance Walk from Dance Walk dvd

Wednesday:
Kelly Coffey Meyer’s Workout #1 – 2 sets premix from Stamina and Strength
AND Beth’s Sound Meditation with the Rain Stick. ( Loved this!)
Old 05-19-22, 08:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! It's a drizzly, cool day and I'm soaking it up before the first heat waves moves in. It could reach 100 deg. with the heat index tomorrow. Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 18
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D3
~ 5,213 steps

Also a fabulous massage.

Carolyn, I see you're still incorporating KCM. Good for you!

Beth, I'm glad you like your new office configuration. Bonus on having your friend handy.

Good morning Paine, Sandra, Margot, Cyana, Pam and anyone who visits!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 09:35 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all! My office is a mess! I think I am in pretty good shape packing wise - I have a few more desk/misc items to pack, and then tomorrow, I'll pack up my desktop computer.

I've been doing a lot of Fit & Bendy YouTube videos lately. Yesterday I did this one (after a Human 2.0 kettlebell workout) and it felt so good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKU8sNLybfQ

Have a good Thursday, all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-19-22, 01:20 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

This morning I went for a walk with my grandson.

Pat, you have a nice avatar!

Beth, I bet you'll get organized quickly once you are moved.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 02:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I'm pretty organized, but I don't think I'll be able to get much done next week! My new office will be painted over the summer (when I'm going), so I can't really arrange things/put things up on the wall until after I return in August. Right now I have everything except my computer packed up.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-19-22, 08:12 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

My body asked for the day off from working out, so I said okay.

The new Jessica DVDs are available to order. I bought the stretch one and the split strength. I was a bit tempted by the others, but I already have plenty of other strength and walking workouts. Just couldn't justify it! The stretch one should arrive Saturday, and the split strength one on Monday.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 09:24 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello! I took a bit of a hiatus from posting, had a busy week with family. I’ll catch up tomorrow.

I bought the digital version Jessica’s new set. I wasn’t planning on it, initially thought I’d buy one or two, but it was a good price & I had a GC. I’m planning to do her strength workouts in place of some of my kinesiologist’s circuits as I am getting a bit bored with them. As you know, I love variety. So I’m planning on four strength workouts a week, two of my choosing & two kin circuits. I never thought I’d be focusing this much on pure strength work, but I’ve learned that it’s a necessity for mobility and pain control.

Waves to all!

I’ll post my week & some personal shout outs tomorrow.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote