Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-07-22, 06:49 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I think I looked at that Disney ride, now I'll have to try it. Even if your numbers were the same for the PZ ride, different day, different energy level and your numbers didn't go down!

5/6 - KCM's Total Body Kickbox

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 05:41 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Don't want to get too far behind

It's RECESS time!!! That means weird workouts, sorer than usual and all that. I finished my Power Zone Challenge on Saturday and now I can do what I like as far as workouts go until June 13th when the next one starts.

Lili: You are so right. . . staying the same for a full year is aok by me! I think I've reached the point where I probably could push myself harder, but why? With age comes wisdom. (or some silly thing like that.)

Helen: Hope you are well. Waving atcha!

5/7/2022: 15 mins. row
(I think it was a sweat ~ not sure), Power Zone Endurance ride 60 mins. with Matt (I think) and this was the last of the challenge rides. (and a post ride stretch) Another pz challenge in the bag. ONWARD!!! to

....... RECESS ..........

5/8/2022: Occulus (video game) Les Mills* and Beat Saber I have no idea how long - maybe an hour between the 2? Maybe more. I just put that headset on and away I go.

5/9/2022: Row 20 minutes, LaneBreak Country 15 mins.

** I bought this for Occulus months ago and just never tried it. (They had a 30% off sale) ...Due to time, etc. I had to replace the batteries in the handles of the Occulus (had to even go on to youtube to figure it out!!) but I got them replaced and started playing. Les mills was good. I have signed myself up for 3 workouts of it per week (not sure it was a wise move -- due to how SORE I got.) lol. Use 'em or lose 'em. all different muscles!!!! And then of course Beat Saber is the most popular and for Mother's day I treated myself to the Lady Gaga Music package. So it was fun.

I hope everyone had a nice mother's day. Happy belated.

I cannot BELIEVE how sore my inner thighs are from Les Mills. Of course, they had me holding a squat in the low end position while a block came over my head and a series of punches while holding the squat. Very nice for a change of pace. I am going to try to stick to the 3x a week. I don't think that's over ambitious. We'll see.

This weekend is Homecoming for Peloton and we're all hoping they announce a rower. If they do? There will be workouts for it (so I can use the app on my water rower and see how I like it.)

That's all folks. Off to workout before work as time's a wastin!

Make it a great day.
Spring is springing around here with temps supposed to be in the 70s this week. I LOVE IT ................

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 04:04 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Enjoy your break, Cleda! It's fun to try new things, but having structure has it's advantages, too.
Waves to Helen!

5/7 - Absolution Day 7 - Dumbell Core & More
5/8 - dog walk
Cathe's Cardio Party
5/9 - 3.25 mile run in the park

Old 05-12-22, 04:32 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in!

Lili: I totally agree with you. I love structure, cuz then it's a no brainer. But with it comes a minimal amount of dread factor. BUT ... recess is great because I get to do what I want and different things. So it's all wonderful to have choices.

Waves to Helen! Hope you are doing ok. . .

Me, me and all me! Just checking in and then off to do more fun stuff.

5/10/2022: Lanebreak (I did some Pop music one. Ended up only knowing one song. Dh wants the playlist. there were some songs in there he wasn't familiar with. lol) Then I did Bellicon. Saw a workout that looked great, started it, 5 minutes in? Says, "This was a preview ..." Are you kidding me???? so I didn't have time to fiddle and get into the site. (I did renew my membership for the year) but I was annoyed. Will have to go back and try it while I know I'm signed in.

5/11/2022: Rowed 20 mins
., + a 5 mins. cool down row, Occulus (Les Mills) for 20 or so minutes (sweating up a storm) and then Pickleball for 2 hours.

It was a wonderful warm and sunny day and had a great time playing pickleball.

That's it for now.
Off to do something
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 05:36 AM  
Helen

Thanks for the shout outs. Been busy with work, DH yard doings, Bridget came up from Sydney last Saturday to surprise me for Mother's Day, and didn't leave until late Monday night & wanted to spend LOTS of time with me - but she's not fond of workouts. Though she DID do on Saturday.

52min, Cathe - Boss Loops: Glutes & Core
Other than that - nothing.
It's been raining again, a LOT, & DH has taken Alice out during the day when he could as it's dark so soon after I get home from work nowadays.

About to head up to the gym now (8:30 Thursday night), so won't stop to chat... otherwise I'll get sidetracked in other threads as well, and it won't happen.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-22, 07:13 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - How nice that your daughter made a surprise visit for Mother's Day! The best gift ever!
Cleda - Sorry about the Bellicon mishap, how frustrating! But you did something!

5/10 - dog walk and lots of gardening
KCM's Trim Down #1
5/11 - more gardening
45 Min. Power Zone Endurance Ride with Dennis
5 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Bradley? can't remember, definitely British accent

Old 05-13-22, 09:26 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/12 - more gardening!
Cathe's Stacked Sets Upper, a solid workout, but hard to keep up with all of the weight changes.

Old 05-14-22, 02:40 AM  
Helen

Saturday around dusk
Thursday night when I dashed off, did 30min of cathes hardcore extreme - interval blast and legs but was so annoyed that it was so hard and I was once able to do it that I stopped.

Friday - long dog walk at night to make it to 10k steps as noticed the rain had stopped.
Saturday - lovely day after a week of rain!! Hoards of people out. Warm enough to take Alice to the beach then bathed her when home.
Kathryn wants to do step at 7:30 (only 5:30 now) so going to tackle that hardcore extreme again BUT with a mind on Phala B’s notion that tough workouts actually encourage the body to hold onto fat. Going to modify it WAY down on the intensity front. Have two hours before Kathryn and it’s only (only?!) 73 min. Maybe make it more like a brisk walk.

Have stacked sets but don’t think I’ve done either of them
Bit of frustration with the “only kidding” on the Bellicon workout.

DH went back to the farm today - two weeks minimum
Cait asked “when will the house be finished?” (Meaning the farm) Suspect she wants to take her BF out there. I snorted. His reply was “hopefully before I die!”
Home still isn’t ‘finished’ and we moved in over 20 years ago.

I’m lying on the couch, in the dark, on the phone. Windows open and barely any light left outside but a delicious breeze wafting through, Alice at my feet. Still a bit soggy from her bath. Working up motivation to go and do that killer workout in a modified form.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-22, 06:12 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I admire the fact that you do a workout before the workout! I'm happy to complete 1 a day!
Waves to Cleda!

5/13 - lots of gardening
30 Min. Walk & Run with Susie Chan
1 Mile Walk & Talk with Jessica
5/14 - TURD

Several days of solid rain have meant no dog walks. Then on Saturday we met up with the grandkids and SIL at Sawyer's lacrosse game, watched that in the rain, then back to our house for a sleepover. I'm not sure anything will happen today (Sunday) since we will be heading to DS1's house after the kids are picked up to help with wedding favors. We'll see how much energy I have when we get back.

Old 05-16-22, 09:29 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

5/15 - dog walk
KCM's Total Body Kickbox, Sculpting