Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-02-22, 09:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did CS 601 and this morning was CS 602. I decided to re-visit Season 6. I think I will temporarily suspend my ETV subscription for now and work on the DVDs I have. I have all the seasons through 12 and will buy Seasons 13 and 14 eventually, too. I like the live workouts, but since I'm mixing things up I am finding that the simplicity of the episodes are easier to fit in and still beneficial.

I have been really tired and dragging lately - I can't even totally blame lack of sleep either. I think it is just the result of working so much over the last several months plus the emotional turmoil of switching jobs. I am sure it will even out soon.

But, that being said, I didn't have enough time for the "5K" steady walk this morning - it being 50 minutes! I will tack something else on this evening - more than likely though I'll probably pick something in the 30 min range.

Annie Pilates Physical Therapy has a new program for June -Strive. I may do this one in July when I'm having my renovations continue -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX__...F7eZDKzmITqAQA

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-22, 04:18 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

I’m always amazed at what I deem “real bicyclists”. Many, many years ago, I rode on Long Island with an ex-sister-in-law (DH’s brother is now divorcing wife #4 and she was wife #1 - he's not very good at being married!) and we ended up doing 50 miles! I think back to that time but have to remember I was so young in my upper 20s. Fast forward now approaching 65, I have to cut myself some slack but it’s hard. I want to do what I used to do! It’s not fair LOL! Anyway…..

Today’s Workout:
  • 10 Minute Abs (the one with bad music but good workout)
  • 10.72 mile bike ride
  • Afternoon – 14 wk. ab challenge plus 7 minute abs (with bad music!) - determined to get that "menopause tummy" as flat as I can!

I wanted to add some yoga but I ran out of gas!

Summer Breeze: I always have to be mindful of the sciatica, even with abs! It’s just going to be part of my life so I will have to deal with it and adjust. It sucks getting old!!!!

Donna: I saw Annie’s Pilates challenge and I’m definitely doing it. I like her technique and her voice is soothing! You have to let us know what your current boss said when you gave your notice. Nothing is more satisfying than giving notice and moving on to something better.

Waves to Pat and to Pam! See you all tomorrow! It’s Friyay!!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 08:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Good morning! Man, I just can't shake off this fatigue. Maybe current events has something to do with it. Anyway, I made it a nurturing kind of day and enjoyed some quiet time reading after my routine:

~ Ellen Barrett Gentle Barre
~ Kassandra Bedtime Yin Yoga
~ Some time in supported cobbler's pose and child's pose
~ 3,712 steps

I loved Ellen's Gentle Barre! Even the music was perfect. And it got a little tough for a gentle workout.

Hurray Donna, great news!!! Good luck speaking with the boss about it. I hope you get everything you want out of the new job.

Summer Breeze, wow 100 is awful considering it was still May. I hear it's going to be a tough summer.

Diane, wow 50 miles! I hear you - it sucks getting older and needing to cut back. I'm dealing with it better, but was so depressed over not being able to do flow yoga anymore. I sold almost all of my beloved Shiva Rea DVDs last year.

Good morning to Pam and have a wonderful day, ladies!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-22, 03:38 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone!

It's Friyay!!!

Today’s Workout:
  • Treadlift Rotation – using Recumbent Bike – Intervals of riding with Overhead Shoulder Raises then pushups
  • 14 Day Ab Challenge - 1 Minute Plank, 60 V-Ups, 55 Sit-Ups (lower body focused
  • Yoga for Sciatica
  • Walk on the bike/hike trail while DH ran: 3.21 miles

Pat: I hope your fatigue eases. There’s a lot going on right now that we have absolutely no control over and it’s draining. I’ve been staying off social media as much as possible. I have friends, whom I adore, but their focus is on current events and I just cannot engage for my own mental health. Yup, 50 miles in the hilly north shore of Long Island! The good old days. I told my husband this morning that this summer into fall my goal is to do 25 – 30 miles on one ride. I hear you about giving up flow yoga – there’s so many things that change as we get older and a lot of it stinks!!!! However, it’s far better than the alternative so I will just have to adjust.

Hi to Summer Breeze, Donna and Pam! Happy weekend!!!

Diane
Old 06-03-22, 04:15 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I ended up doing the full "steady" walk on the "5K" DVD, I enjoyed it. So far, this new set from Jessica is a winner!

This morning I did Total Body 31 - which is a weight workout -I'm guessing done in 31 minutes, LOL! I didn't actually track the time. But it was a good workout. Jessica's style for these is different, slower and more controlled pacing.

Pat - I am right there w/ you with the fatigue. I don't know what it is. I was good last weekend but once I returned to work I have been beyond exhausted. I am sure some of it is stress and the "anxiety" of leaving one job and planning to start a new job. I also do not sleep well, my elderly Lab needs to go out during the night and I am aware of her throughout the night -ready to spring into action to let her out in time. I should do Gentle Barre this weekend. I like Jessica's rotation for this set, every weekend is "off" so I figure those are the days to play with some other routines/instructors.

Diane - Nice work!

Waves, Summer Breeze and Pam!

So - my boss took it ok - no guilt trip - I offered to stay through the end of the fiscal year if she wanted to work something out w/ my new boss - but to my knowledge nothing has been worked out. He is beyond ready for me to start over there. Anyway - from what I hear, I can expect a much saner life working there. I hope so! My department is so rough - I have known three people who have had to go on FMLA to recover from the stress. That speaks volumes. I also had Shingles the first year I worked there, caused, in part, by the stress! And, I know someone else who had a stroke. So....not a healthy place.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, TGIF!

My DH has a friend visiting on Saturday - I will sadly probably catch up on work - I like to leave things finished before I move on - at least as much as I can. So I'll probably do that after DD and I do our volunteering time at the animal shelter.

Waves!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 07:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning from the Queen of the Couch. I did it again, crashed on the couch and fell asleep with the book on my chest when I got home from work. Maybe I got bit by a tsetse fly? I forced myself to get up and walk down to my Audubon nest - my field notes are way overdue. Day consisted of:

~ LWR May Challenge W2D7
~ Evening walk to ballfield
~ 6,923 steps

Donna - OMG I'm glad for you that you got out of that office. It sounds like the law firm I worked at where the stress triggered my RA. Office stress should never reach the point where people are getting physically ill. Yippee on the new Jessica program being a hit!

Diane, riding the bike while doing weights is totally badass. Ah, the North Shore! Love the LI Sound so much.

Good morning Summer Breeze and Pam!
Old 06-04-22, 09:30 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

My body is tired today so I’m taking a sort-of day off. I may clean the house or I may not!

Today’s Workouts:
  • Bad Yogi’s Perfect Body Yoga Program - #3 – a wonderful hip and hamstring stretch that I’ve been using since the program came out. Almost 30 minutes but so relaxing.
  • 5 Minute Lower Abs – meh! Tried a new instructor and didn’t feel the exercises were effective and geared towards the lower abs.

Donna: I hope both you and Pat are feeling more energy. Nothing worse than fatigue. Affects every single thing you do or don’t want to do! So glad your boss took it OK. Oh man, Shingles the first year you worked there! Wow, your body was trying to tell you something right from the get-go!

Pat: The recumbent bike then switching off to weights wasn't as tough as I thought it could be. I always feel like the recumbent is not as hard a workout as the spin bike or elliptical. I've been running since I met my husband as he was the runner and wanted me to join him, so the treadmill is a comfortable, familiar workout. Again, I cannot run like I used to so thankfully it's adjustable! It's just so unfair that while the body ages our wisdom increases! I want to be Benjamin Button!

Waves, Summer Breeze and Pam! Have a great Saturday everyone!

Diane
Old 06-04-22, 09:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

40 minute outdoor walk

I have a bridal shower today and dinner with friends tonight so most likely no walking today. It's lovely too.

DONNA, yikes on that work stress. What an unhealthy environment. So glad you're getting out of that situation.

DIANE, your 10 mile bike rides sound amazing to me. Ah my longtime companion the menopot. LOL. I like planks for my core work because most other ab work is problematic for me.

PAT, my couch and I have become quite close lately unfortunately.

Hi PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 11:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quick hello - it's beautiful outdoors and I need to get outside!

~ My own PT/stretch
~ 1.2 mile walk at osprey trail
~ 1/2 mile at community trail
~ 6,266 steps
Old 06-05-22, 03:46 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

Another beautiful day! I think tomorrow may be the same as well. It’s been nice to not have stifling heat just yet.

Today’s Workout:
  • Pushups
  • Body Electric Series 400, show 8 – Quads, Abs, Outer Thighs, Inner Thighs
  • 14 Day Ab Challenge – plank, v-ups and sit-ups
  • Bike: 11.38 miles in Saratoga Park
  • Afternoon – Bad Yogi Weighted Abs Circuit followed by Cathe’s Total Body Stretching #1

Summer Breeze: Menopot! Describes it perfectly! Drives me nuts! LOL!

Pat: I hope you got outside. It’s just an amazing day!

Waves to Donna & Pam! See you all tomorrow!

Diane

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga