Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-22, 08:53 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday’s workouts:
~taught Essentrics
~Hip openers, forward bends, chest openers, twists on my own.

Todays workouts:
~6 km trail hike, 13,000 steps
~Barlates Ankle Weight Workout: Target 10 Glutes - This was only 11 min and much more doable, lol. I used 2 lb weights. It’s done kneeling with hands or forearms on the seat of a chair so I made sure to pad my knees well.
~Shiva Rea’s Yoga in Greece: Lunar Flow Moon Salutations & Lunar Savasana
~MELT: hip focus

Diane - Wow, that’s a big price difference for the inhalers! How kind of you to donate them. It’s disheartening to get DVDs or books from the library that have be obviously mistreated.

Pat - Glad your knee is better! Cool to see the wren, hope it’s a harbinger of spring.

Donna - I love Jenny, she did my live level 4 exam with me and she was so lovely to work with. Her lives are often AB, although I did one last week was not.

Waves to summer breeze!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 06:52 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday was a functional fitness day. We had to try to get rid of as much snow and ice as possible. We managed to get quite a bit done. The temps were in the 40s, which felt so wonderful. I actually stood outside on my front porch and just breathed in the fresh air. It was a bit windy but not “lose electricity” wind, thankfully. Tomorrow the temps will plummet once again.
When I came in, I did a 30 minute Fightmaster Hatha Yoga practice

Pat: I love finding surprises in my DVD collection. I am trying to make it a habit but meditation has always been hard with my “monkey mink”. Still, I am determined to make this a daily part of my morning. Right now I’m using the small meditation journal from “Backpack Buddha” and next will be trying another app that I just downloaded – Balance? Without my phone in front of me, the name escapes me.

Donna: Nice workouts! Getting outside with the dog is so good for our bodies and our minds. We are talking about adopting a dog now but these winters give me pause.

Pam: How long have you been teaching Essentrics? There’s an Essentrics Stretching DVD, vol. 1 on eBay that I have on my watch list. What do you think of that one? The US is ridiculous with their drug pricing. I have always said that healthcare should never be for profit. It’s maddening. I gave up on my DVDs from the library. Just too scratched, pixilating and freezing. Sigh….

Have a lovely day everyone! We’re headed to the Berkshires today for a short hike/walk. On our way up to the Berkshires, I would like to make a stop at a Buddhist Peace Pagoda.

http://www.graftonpeacepagoda.org/

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 07:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did manage a dog walk!

Today, I did an Essentrics Live class from Feb 1st w/ Sahra.

I have an appointment to drop my car off this morning so I didn't have time for a longer workout - I'll do the "scheduled" workout on the Fusion February rotation tomorrow morning.

Diane - I don't think I could deal w/ the cold any more! I spent time in colder places - NE PA, Upstate NY, etc. and I'm spoiled by the relatively mild winters here in MD! I complain that it is cold here...and this winter, knock wood, has been a pretty mild one for us - most of the major storms missed us. Though amazingly, we do end up completely paralyzed by an inch of snow at times. So different than in other places where i lived where life just goes on as normal after a snowfall.

Pam - I enjoyed Jenny's class. I'm really glad I decided to try some of the Live classes, they are great.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 10:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

46 minute outdoor walk

It was a downright balmy day so I enjoyed a lovely, breezy walk. I think we have one more "spring-like" day before the cold returns. I doubt I'll walk today. I have too much to do and I'm also going to a surprise birthday party for a friend later this afternoon. I really thought long and hard about attending, but cases do seem to have declined quite a bit around here and I'll be cautious.

DONNA, the nice weather the past few days has been such a tease, but an enjoyable one. Nice job with Jessica and your other workouts.

DIANE, wow you are in a deep freeze up there. Most of our snow is gone here after the relatively balmy temperatures here this week. Enjoy your day in the Berkshires.

PAT, I heard some birds singing the other day. I think they are in for a surprise over the next few days. Fun finding some old Body Electric shows.

PAM, lovely workouts.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 01:13 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! It's a special treat of a day here, 50 degrees!

No formal exercise for me yesterday but I had a very good a.m. meditation session and was able to go through my day pain free so that's an A+ in the moving department.

Summer Breeze, enjoy your gathering this evening. Isn't it simply glorious out there?!

Diane, enjoy that walk and I hope you get to enjoy the Buddha Peace Pagoda. What a beautiful area.

Good morning Donna and Pam!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-22, 09:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, Happy Sunday! We're having a pretty little snowfall here. Yesterday I enjoyed a nice walk at the beach. The beach didn't get the memo that it was 50 degrees but with a lot of layers I made it a nice and much needed walk. Before that I did my own yin practice.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Old 02-13-22, 01:24 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I finished a week of Jessica's Fusion February Rotation!

Today I did:

Brain Fitness Fun from WS 1.0
and the 15 Min Session from Yoga Fusion Fix

I am contemplating a dog walk now along w/ a CS episode...but we shall see.

Pat - glad you had a pain free day!

Summer Breeze - I hope you enjoyed the party!

It is a little snowy here but nothing too bad.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

I have the week off for a partial staycation/partial going away vacation.

I'll stick w/ the Fusion rotation as much as possible....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-14-22, 02:24 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Yesterday’s workouts:
~ETV: Sahra’s live from Feb 1
~MR Unplugged 1914
~Forest walk to the harbour down through a lovely ravine with a waterfall. 11,000 steps
~10 min Yoga for Upper Back Pain (Yoga with Joelle YT)
~Full body stretch & supported yin poses on my own (aka fending off stiff old lady syndrome )

Today’s low key workouts:
~25 min gliding
~Yoga with Joelle: 10 min Yoga for Shoulders, Neck, & Upper Body (YT)
~hip openers, forward bends, gentle back bends, twists on my own

Donna - Enjoy your week off! How did you like Sahra’s live? I enjoyed it and plan to adapt a few of her trademark moves for Tuesday’s class. I don’t like cold and snow either! We don’t get snow very often out here and when we do everything shuts down. We have hilly terrain and people don’t know how to drive in snow so fender benders & cars in the ditch are common.

Diane - I hope you enjoyed your hike & visit to the Buddhist pagoda. It looks beautiful! I started Level 1 Essentrics teacher training in 2017 & finished Level 4 about a year ago.

Pat - Sounds like you had a nice weekend!

Summer breeze - I hope you enjoyed the party. I think we have to look after our mental health too & seeing friends is a big part of that.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-22, 09:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't like either choice that was on the schedule for today's February Fusion workout. The DVD option was from Cardio Abs - and that scares me. The You Tube option looked like a backache waiting to happen with a lot of forward leaning work. So, instead I did:

Jessica Smith - 15 Min Standing Cardio Strength, 16 Min Total Body Time Saving Strength Circuit and 15 Min Post Workout Stretch

All of those worked out well -they were slightly slower paced so I could watch my form better.

I had planned to do some decluttering during my week off but eh - I don't want to. LOL! We'll see what I do.

Pam - I did enjoy Sahra's live - she did one today I'll probaby get it in this week.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-14-22, 10:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all and Happy Valentine's Moan Day! I started the week by scraping 2" of snow and ice off my car and a scary drive to work. When I got here my door had frozen shut! Finally after throwing my body at it a few times the ice cracked and eventually I got out.

Yesterday featured a quick trip to the gym for 15/15 treadmill and recumbent bike, plus my own stretch routine at home.

Donna, it sounds wise to have swapped out something else for the scheduled workout, especially after all the tender loving care you've been giving your back.

Oh Pam, that forest walk sounds so peaceful. What a nice treat to be rewarded by a waterfall.

Good morning to Diane and Summer Breeze.

Keep up the great work and being kind to your heart, ladies.

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga