Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-06-22, 05:27 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up on this weekend's workouts:

Saturday:

CS 1404 - Lucy Wyndham Reed - 15 Min Indoor Walk

Sunday:

Jessica Smith - Feel Good Fusion - Strength Workout
Jessica Smith - Total Stretch - 17 Min Workout

I may have inadvertently started Jessica's Fusion February since the workout I did today is Day # 1 of the DVD option! But, who knows. I have a hard time following rotations. I'm a little bored w/ LWR so I may not continue with that one - I do like her stuff for add ons/extra activity but not sure I like it is a main course.

Time will tell....I was thinking about taking one of Jessica's Walk Strong templates and just doing my own thing with it - in other words just plugging in a workout that fits the recommended prescription for the day - it can be one of Jessica's or another instructor - just needs to fit the "theme" of the day.

I think I do better w/ those types of rotations.

But, one never knows what I will want to do tomorrow.

Summer Breeze - that is interesting, I do wonder if that is the move?! I'm glad the ice storm fizzled out for you.

Pam - Pahla does talk a lot, but that is what I like about her (when I'm in the mood for talk!)

Hope everyone has a good evening - back to it tomorrow - although I did catch up on some work for my job this afternoon - hopefully it will make for an easier week.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-22, 09:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~ETV: Jenny B’s Live, 35 min all standing
~Neighbourhood walk
~Kate V’s Yoga Floor Routine (YT)

Donna - I’m looking forward to Jessica’s new workouts & hope she releases them soon.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 08:10 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning everyone,

First, it's wonderful to be back. Thank you everyone for your kind words. Losing Christopher been far more difficult that we even imagined. Because of his disabilities, we realized that we designed our lives around his needs for the last almost 5 years. No regrets, we'd do it all over again. This sweet boy really took a huge chunk of our hearts when we let him go.

I finally got back to working out today and it felt good. So, without further ado (to quote MadFit!):

Pushups, followed by Body Electric Series 1700, Show 3: abs inner outer pushups biceps
Bad Yogi's I Am Challenge - short yoga practice
Meditation

I hope everyone is well. It has been ridiculously frigid here and the ice and snow have made it so difficult. Our regular garbage pickup is on Friday mornings and it was rescheduled for this morning because of the difficulty getting around. Temps will warm up this week and I'm praying my driveway will melt so I can shovel the ice away. We had to leave a coating of snow on top or else it would be a skating rink! Thankfully we have a small driveway.

Have a wonderful day everyone - I've missed you all!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I surprised myself this morning - I did:

Jessica Smith - Total Body Balance - Cardio Flow AND Cardio Dance Sculpt

and I added on:

Jessica Smith - Simply Stretch - Chair stretch

I surprised myself b/c this was Day # 2 of the Fusion February challenge so I'm in for 2 days.

I plan to walk my dog today - the weather is warming up here so we should be able to get out.

Diane - it is always so hard losing a pet. I have to take my Golden in tomorrow to the vet - she has a lump under one of her paws - like in her arm pit if dogs have arm pits! It feels squishy like a cyst, so hopefully it is nothing to worry about. I'm giving my Lab injections of adequan for her arthritis. I'm cautiously optimistic that it is helping - she has seemed more "lively" these past few days.

Pam - I'm looking forward to Jessica's new releases as well. I did not end up buying Lift and Shift, it just didn't look like something I could commit to. But you never know...maybe someday.

Waves, everyone - happy "Moan"day!

Donna
Old 02-07-22, 09:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Sorry for not posting, I stayed off the computer for the duration of my Reiki Master training. It was intense but I'm very happy to have done it. A nice bonus was that our teacher is also a certified yin yoga teacher so every day we had a yin yoga break. It really helped with all the meditations, not to mention sitting on the floor, seven hours a day for three days. Of course we had access to all kinds of blankets, bolsters, etc. to make cozy nests and could move around as needed but even the most limber of us walked out with creaking knees.

I liberated myself from my Fitbit for the entire time, too.

Donna I'm cracking up at you surprising yourself by sticking with the challenge for two days.

Diane, I'm so glad you are back. Sending lots of hugs, I'm so sorry for the loss of your special boy. We're anticipating a warm up too and I'm looking forward to some of this dirty black snow vaporizing.

Summer Breeze I hope everything with the furnace worked out okay and you have heat again. Hurray and knock on wood for your feeling up to some workouts!

Pam, you always have such interesting routines.

It's good to be back! But not looking forward to tomorrow, my official Moan Day and returning to the "normal" routine.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 10:58 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Trail walk
~Margaret Monday: Unplugged 2013
~Erich Schiffmann’s Backyard Beginner Yoga - another classic!

Pat - Your Reiki & yin day sounds like an intense but wonderful experience! Good for you for taking a technology break.

(((Hugs))) to you Diane as you grieve for sweet Christopher. What a loving home you gave him.

Donna - I hope your vet visit went well & it’s nothing serious.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 02-08-22, 06:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk w/ my Golden at lunch time. And in the evening - after a very "Monday" type day - I did Essentrics Live Workout w/ Gail - which was an "A.M." routine even though I did it in the P.M.! It was a flowy standing routine followed by some barre strength and stretch. I really enjoyed it - Gail's cat made an appearance several times as well.

Today, so far I did another of Gail's A.M. routines, this one from last Monday. She said on Monday's she does a more active routine and Thursday is more slow paced. I guess they switch out instructors each month for the Live classes?

Anyway - I enjoyed it.

I may or may not get Jessica's workout in today - it is the toning walk w/ bands from the 30 Day set.

I think my success in following a rotation is to go at my own pace. I could have done Jessica's this morning, but I was more in the mood for Essentrics.

I also have an early vet appointment for my Golden this morning so I didn't have a ton of time.

Pat - I think we all need time away from technology! I also put my step counter away for a bit.

Thanks, Pam -hopefully my Golden is ok!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna
Old 02-08-22, 09:28 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning everyone!

I think I am conditioned to wake up between 4 and 5 am and today was no exception. I’m hoping to get back to a little more normal sleep rhythm. I always got up early for Chris and I guess my body is used to it.

Today’s workout:
Beach Body’s Three Week Yoga Retreat – Week 1, first practice (core practice – basics) with Vytas. I’m tired so I needed something slow to get me started. But he talks too much! I hope I can get through the remaining practices.

I did a meditation practice – first 5 minutes of deep breathing, starting at 1 up to 10 inhales and exhales. Then a mantra meditation, using “I am brave” as my mantra (provided by the program).

Donna – thank you, I’ve been down this road many, many times and it never gets easier. I’m hoping your Golden’s lump is just that – a benign cyst. I’ll be thinking about you.

Pat – Reiki Master training!!!! How cool! A second career??? Thank you for the welcome back. It’s been difficult at best. We gave it our all but it wasn’t to be. I will out this morning trying to clear more snow as well as trying to clear our neighbors’ driveway. They’re in Boston baby sitting their granddaughter and didn’t make arrangements to have their property plowed. We all help each other in our small development but this is a workout!

Pam – Thank you for your kind words. Each one takes a piece of our hearts, some more than others. Since Chris really depended on us for everything, this loss is particularly difficult. I never gelled with Margaret’s Unplugged workouts. I love her older workouts. Wow Erich Schiffmann – I need to pull out my dvds!

Summer Breeze – thank you for your kind words on Chris. We would do everything for him all over again if we had the chance….. Any progress on the sciatica? Thought of you on Saturday as we went through Chatham, NY where your friend lives. Hope your heat is working smoothly and quietly by now!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 09:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Ugh it's hard to be back to work and planet Earth in general. Yesterday was my last vacation day so I mostly rested physically and emotionally. I tweaked my knee a little from three days of getting down and up from the floor at the studio, but it should be fine soon. I gave it RICE and of course lots of Reiki.

Donna, it's good to hear you had a walk with your Golden. Sounds like you are enjoying the ETV subscription.

Pam, I see some Erich in your routine.

Diane, I might do something my master cert to earn a little money at some point. For right now I wanted the experience and the ability. I got my Reiki I and II certs in 2015 and it has served me well. Good luck with clearing all that snow, be careful.

Good morning to Summer Breeze! Hope you are good.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 10:58 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Barlates Ankle Weight Outer Thigh & Glutes - This was 40 min & a killer, lol. It really focused on the glute med & min. LOTS of reps, I used ankle weights for a little more than half of it. I’ll definitely do it again though, very effective & I’ll take some of the moves to my Essentrics class floor work (fewer reps & minus the ankle weights).
~Yin yoga class on zoom in front of my little electric fireplace, very cosy!

Pat - Yes, I did two of Erich’s practices this past week.

Diane - It’s understandable that you’re tired! I am not familiar with Vytas & I am not keen on overly talkative instructors either.

Waves to Donna & Summer breeze!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga