Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-26-22, 11:17 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Kate & Chele - I do the ten minute "F*That" Meditation every night before bed. (The FT app has several versions of different lengths.) It can make me laugh sometimes!

bee - I was never A FIRMIE. I like some of The FIRM workouts, but the Stepford aspect, odd music choices and bouncing boom microphone were a bit much.

Yesterday, I did Susan Powter's "Building Strength." I had thought of trying one of the Lift with Cee beginner workouts as they look good. I guess I wanted to hear a voice and wasn't up for the silent treatment.

Hugs to all (especially Winston)!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 11:22 AM  
ChelePA

Bee…something needs to be done!!!!

I was going to take another mood ride but decided to have more fun this morning. There was a James Bond cycling class with music from all the movies. Definitely helped to distract me. Followed it up with 20 minutes of yoga flow with a focus on floor poses and then a 10 minute class focusing on feet. When you’re standing in bare feet, can you raise your big toes without lifting other toes and then put your big toes down and lift the remaining toes. I had to use my hands with this move. Ha ha. She did give some pointers on improving balance which was really helpful.

Liam and Grace are headed to Albuquerque tonight to attend our niece’s wedding. I feel so sad that I can’t travel these days. Her brother is getting married in September. So we’ll see.

Any plans for the long weekend?
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 12:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey all! My son calls Thursdays "Friday Junior", so happy Friday Junior.

Vintage, laughing while meditating to try to get ready for sleep seems wrong somehow. . And yes, those original Firm girls could be a bit over the top, but... Susan Harris is how I got consistent with video exercising. "In... and out.... and in.... and out...." always cracked me up!!

Chele, bummer that you have to miss your niece's wedding! Hopefully you can go to the one in September. That James Bond ride sounds like it must have been so much fun -- I have to hand it to Peloton -- they sure do put together some fun themes!! I might be able to lift my big toes -- maybe -- but all of the rest of my toes are pretty much one unit. I can never do any of those separate toe things. How is Winston doing?

This morning I got back to Cathe Live! I did an oldie: #16 Hi-Lo Cardio & Core. It was pretty fun but I'm not used to doing cardio! She did say something about "ah, you're fierce!" during it and of course I thought of all of my fierce friends. I also was thinking about what Cathe's closet must look like with SO MANY fitness outfits!! I can't imagine. And shoes. And then I wondered if she has much in the way of non-fitness clothing. Oh manleym, I like your idea of using CL as the warmups for Caroline, but..... the TV in my workout room is not smart, so if I want to do Cathe Live there I have to take my laptop with me. I'm so lazy about exercising -- just don't want to do that very often. This morning I did the cardio in our family room with three dogs to avoid. It's safe to assume I did not cover as much floor space as Cathe did.

No big plans for the weekend. We are going to a friend's house for dinner Friday night, but other than that nothing planned. I guess I didn't realize it's a long weekend. Today is my last day at the school. Did I tell you guys that I'm interviewing for a job in San Francisco? I think I may have. Tomorrow I talk to the other founder of the company. For some reason I'm finally getting nervous about it -- maybe it's seeming more real finally.
Old 05-26-22, 01:54 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello fierce friends!

Yesterday I did Caroline’s Iron #3 Glutes followed by another Kat ‘step less step’ workout. I was concerned about doing too much with my glutes but I was able to modify pretty easily and I don’t feel any more pain today than usual. I didn’t use weights for the glute bridges—at least I didn’t intend to—but our big beige guy got on my stomach and chest and settled in. I did have to move him after the first minute as it was a bit much for my back and I started to feel it. He’s 13 plus pounds. He was not pleased at being removed from his comfortable spot.

Excuse my typos as I’m on my phone!

Bee , my pain is pretty much always present in some degree and varies. The morning is bad until I’ve been up and around for awhile. It’s more stiffness than pain but the first 30 minutes are tough. Overall it’s tolerable and the medication regimen seems to keep it that way. I know this is how it will be for always and I’m satisfied that it isn’t significantly affecting my quality of life at this point. I don’t have to do a ton of modifications so far—-less than I originally thought—low impact, no deadlifts or moves that use severe forward flexion with heavy weights. Hah! That’s probably way more than you wanted to know.

Shoot! Gotta run! Be back later!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 02:22 PM  
manleym

Cataddict I liked your idea of saving Kat's 30-40 min playlist to add on to Caroline's Fuel workouts, so I saved the playlist to my YT library too. I think it's the Step Express (30 - 40 min workouts) playlist. Great idea to combine them! Funny about your workout/weight buddy being put out because you moved him. He was comfie and cozy where he was, being rocked to sleep. 13 + lbs is a big cat!

ChelePA sorry you won't be able to attend your nieces wedding. It's so hard missing those big family, milestone events. Hope that you'll be able to go to your nephews in Sept. And yes, the recent shooting is absolutely devastating. I've been praying for that community as they try to grieve this. And especially the survivors who witnessed it. I just can't imagine. How will those kids ever be able to return to school? Of course being a teacher for 28 years and living in Texas, I have very strong feelings/emotions about this.

Bee "Friday Junior" - HA! Keep us posted on the potential SanFran job. I've wondered what Cathe does with all of her workout attire too. She can write them off as a business expense, I would think. I'm not sure I've ever seen her wear the same outfit twice. Thankfully our computer is connected to our TV, so I can easily go back and forth between Cathe Live and YT. I get lazy between switching the TV from dvd player mode to HDMI mode. HA! THAT'S lazy!!

No big holiday plans for us. Hubby's cousins husband was in town for a work conference so we met him for dinner Tuesday night. Got a text late Wednesday that when he got home (he flew but wore a mask) he started feeling sick and tested positive for covid. So hubby is working from home the rest of the week and we'll lay low. Neither of us are feeling badly or are symptomatic. I bet he got it at the conference since people from all over the world (including South Africa) were at the conference. There were things I wanted to do (errands, etc) but will have to put them off another day or two.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 02:30 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Tuesday: Caroline Take-Charge Tabata HIIT Workout - Bodyweight EPIC Endgame Day 35 (sweaty mess) + 30 Min Glutes & Leg Workout at Home Ankle Weights Optional (great add-on; burner)

Wednesday: Seasun Zieger Bosu Blast (good SState; it didn't seem that intense, but I was a sweaty mess afterward; this is the only workout I have by Seasun and first time to do this workout. I liked it but didn't love it. Maybe need to revisit since I know the moves and won't be focused on learning it) + Eion Finn POHH World Championships Hips

Today: Mark Lauren EFX workout 1 + Caroline Day 49 of EPIC Full body Strength and Stretch Workout Bodyweight Only - No Equipment (GREAT BW! Different than most Caroline workouts - she actually provides voice-over cueing and the stretch has soft, "stretchy" music; nice for a change of pace; several balance moves; she doesn’t always say when to switch sides, but overall good cueing)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 08:36 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all, I'm back!

Since I posted earlier I've done Iron #4 Total Body w/Dumbbells followed by the next Kat step workout on the playlist. I love Kat but this one had so much repetition I found myself daydreaming. The Caroline workout was attended by Olly, who mostly slept on the window perch. He seemed to be fixated on the countdown timer in the far left corner for a minute, but that was it. He did wake up and watch Kat for about 30 seconds. I'm surprised that I've been going through the Caroline rotation. I think that because her workouts are only 30 minutes give or take that they don't seem too daunting. Plus I've decided that I am going to ignore the fact that kg are roughly half the equivalent weight in pounds. So in my delusional world my 15 pound dumbbells are close to the 17 kg that Caroline uses!!

manleym, I'm surprised you didn't think Seasun's Bosu Blast wasn't tough! Is this the CIA workout that also has Sharon Twombly on it? I haven't done it in awhile, but I recall it being tough! Maybe I'm uncoordinated on the bosu so my heart rate got higher or you are just much more fierce than I am (the latter is most likely the case). Oh, and yes, the Kat playlist is the 30-40 minute step workouts.

bee, yes, do keep us posted on the SFO job. Would you move closer to the area or are you still in the realm of public transportation? When my niece worked in San Jose she took the train there from SFO and actually enjoyed it. She said it gave her a chance to relax and clip coupons.

Chele, I'm sorry you can't attend your niece's wedding. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can make it to the September wedding. I've also been very sad about the tragedy in Texas. And apparently there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there that diminishes the tragedy and doesn't help us move in a more positive direction. Again, stopping before getting political, but agree that something has to change!

TweenerW, glad you have some shoes that work for you. With all the hiking/walking you've been doing, you must need "an heir and a spare." Shoes, that is.

Kate and TweenerW, I was never a Firmie either. Stepford is exactly the description I would use. It seems that the workouts are very effective from what fans say, but I couldn't get past the "ambience." On another note, Kate, how is your husband doing?

Kate, I think I might have to pull out some Cathe cardio to pair with Caroline. I love Caroline too and I know I need to mix it up but I miss Cathe and it's been less than a week!

Hugs and waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 09:37 AM  
ChelePA

VVfer… you made me laugh with the type of meditation you do before bed. It sounds like it puts you in the right frame of mine to relax.

Bee… so exciting about a new job prospect. Keep us posted on details of the new position. Good luck today with your interview.

Manleym and Cataddict… I know Kat could be repetitive but for me the music was so fun I would get distracted. Love that you’re both adding her on here and there.

Cataddict… I can completely relate to your stiffness when getting out of bed. I’m glad the medication seems to be working and keeping you active. Even with modifications. I’m struggling because it seems like every time I try to push the envelope a little bit to increase my strength, range of motion, cardio capacity, etc. I either injure another area or feel too much pain. And it is frustrating because I feel like I’m taking baby steps and not doing too much. Still a work in progress and seeing how far my recovery will go.

Peloton workouts today included 10 minutes of core, 10 minutes floor barre, 20 minutes bodyweight strength glutes and legs. Followed by a 20 minute low impact cycling class and then a full body stretch.

Hoping everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 05-27-22, 10:03 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Friday to All!

Manelym- your plans for Florida and Georgia seem like fun. You should enjoy Charleston. Sorry about your husband’s cousin. I hope he is has a mild case.

Everyone seems really into their workouts. Next week I plan to do a some of my old CIA workouts just for a nostalgia blast. I am waiting for the new Carolyn series to begin next week.

Manelym and Bee- in the CL I have seen Cathe wear the same outfits. Since I have been doing CL since the beginning that would be inevitable. I doubt anybody has that many workout outfits

We are planning a quiet Memorial day. We prefer doing things when there are less people out and about.

Cataddict – I use to do the Firm workouts back regularly back in the day though I never considered myself a Firmie.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 11:05 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym… I love Charleston. We did a few walking tours as well as visiting forts. I would love to spend more time there. We took a few day excursions while we were at the beach.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in