Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-04-22, 06:54 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh kittybug, that is devastating..... I am so sorry. My sister went through this (well, slightly different circumstances, obviously) a couple of weeks ago and I keep thinking about her. Such a tough thing to go through. Sending you big hugs.

Chele, I'm glad you were able to get out for dinner, though I can understand your discomfort for going out. We are all out of practice on that front, I think, and then with the mobility challenges on top of that -- intimidating, I'm sure! But how nice to spend an evening with extended family!

Kim..... your big FOMO decision! I would be in favor of not renewing at this point. There are so many great options on youtube -- including a lot of Inner Dimension ones (or very similar) and, more importantly..... I'm pretty sure you could get a good deal again around Black Friday, I think it is, if you really decide you want it and the timing is better for you. They do a great job of making us think we can never get a good deal again when quite often we can get at least that deal. Hopefully you won't be eating these words later....

I did a nice walk in the tree farm with my friend this morning. We were almost getting rained on.... a lovely morning.
Old 03-04-22, 07:39 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I've been doing walking when I can. The doc increased the dosage of one of the meds so maybe that will help. I have an MRI scheduled for the 15th. The scheduler gave me a long list of things I had to either remove or not wear. So I learned that there is such a thing as magnetic eyelashes. Who knew? Not me!

FN1, I'm so sorry about your dog. So shocking and heartbreaking, particularly when it's so sudden. Sending hugs from me and our Three Cat Crew.

Chele, glad you enjoyed your birthday dinner with family!

bee, the walk in a tree farm sounds so nice!

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 10:16 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…. Hoping the MRI sheds some light on your situation. And fingers crossed the increase in medication gives you some relief.

Cathe Fit Split low impact warm-up. Then I decided to add on the bonus abs. Don’t know what I was thinking. Ha ha. This one was always difficult even when I was in shape. I still worked my way through it with some heavy modifications. My core will be feeling it later. Especially since on the Peloton schedule was a 10 minute beginner yoga core focus. Thank goodness he only had plank work for the last two minutes. 10 minutes light dumbbells and arms followed by 20 minutes upper body medium weights. Full body stretch to finish.

I saw Kat is doing a Zumba step workout for those who like dancy

Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend. Lots of tough situations for many these days.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 12:13 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Chele, I'm so happy you're at least able to do Cathe warm ups -- I know how it is to miss her! Crazy that you tried and were able to do the bonus abs -- crazy good, I guess! Even with modifications.

Nothing for me yet today -- had to get ready for toastmasters early. I'll at least do my PT later but might tack on something else. Had a funny dream about doing PT over zoom, being really late for the appointment, and other woes. I was in a fair bit of pain trying to sleep last night, so it's no wonder.
Old 03-05-22, 07:40 PM  
Mickey12

Hello Watulans!

Thanks for the advice Bee regarding the Inner Dimensions FOMO. I really appreciate it and you make a lot of good points. I think you’re right but I still have a few weeks to make my final decision.

Today I did another new to me CIA step workout. This was from CIA 7004, All Star Step. I did the first section with Shannon Anderson and part of section two with Paul McCann. These seemed to be done at a somewhat slower pace. The choreography was interesting but easy to grasp on the first try. They were fun, but I probably won’t do them again. I still have the last section with Beverly Todd to try. After that I did the foam rolling section of Recovery and Mobility workout from P90X2. Chele’s posting about doing foam rolling inspired me.

Chele I drove right past Colaruso’s yesterday after work. I am not normally over that way but I had to run an errand. We have never eaten there but I thought it was so ironic that I drove by right after you posted about it.

Hope you all have a nice evening.
Old 03-06-22, 10:23 AM  
ChelePA

Bee… I hate when pain interrupts my sleep. I’m so sorry. Hoping you had a better night.

Kim… Great food if you’re ever looking for a new place to try.

Today I decided to challenge myself and did a 45 minute pop music cycling class. It was such a positive, fun class which I needed after my emotional ones the last few days. Much to my surprise Rise Up was one of the tunes used towards the end. I think someone is sending me a message. That never happens where I hear the same song multiple times in one week. On the schedule for today was focus flow class - fire log position. This was impossible prior to my accident. However the exercises and poses leading up to it are a great stretch for my hips and lower body. I usually have to modify and stay in figure four for this one.

Happy Sunday!
Old 03-06-22, 10:34 AM  
ChelePA

Forgot to tell you my husband got me an Apple Watch, series 7. It should arrive this week. Excited to start using it to track my fitness, etc. He wanted to go all out and get the best of the best. With LTE capability and large screen. I told him I really don’t need all the bells and whistles. An SE version would’ve been fine. But he insisted. So we compromised with the 41mm screen size and no added cellular. There was a sale at Sam’s Club plus we had bonus dollars which made it a nice deal. When I was negotiating with him he said next time I’m just going to buy it. I wanted you to pick out the color that you preferred. He had a picture of it in my birthday card. I really have difficulty accepting bigger more expensive presents. I did the same thing to him when he was looking to get me the indoor cycling bike last year for my birthday. I talked him out of the Peloton version. But that was a smart move since that app is so much cheaper. Ha ha.
Old 03-06-22, 01:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chele - What color did you pick? I wanted the 41mm Starlight and they were out of stock. I went back the next day and the guy remembered that the Nike Edition was Starlight. I chose the Nike sport loop as it was so comfortable. I have no other Nike products, I just wanted the light color band.

I did go with cellular. For my new life, it seemed the best choice. I had a substantial Apple gift card, so the damage wasn't too bad.

Here is a cool article:

Automated Apple Watch Feature Saves Unconscious Man's Life

I just love this thing so much!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-22, 02:53 PM  
ChelePA

VVFer…great minds think alike. Starlight band
Old 03-06-22, 03:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

DOGGONE IT! Just finished a Moby post and it is lost! Will try to recreate later!

Hugs to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in