Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-30-22, 06:50 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, so good to 'see' you and love the celebrity stories!! I have several of my own, none of which I'll post about here. I'm so jealous of your lavender festival. I haven't been to one in years and just LOVE it so much! I wish I were close enough to u-pick because I would so be there. Hang in there with the busy work!

Today was Pure Barre Pure Results Feature Focus: Arms. Yep, still as hard if not harder than the first time I did it. I don't know how 2-pound weights can feel. so. heavy!!!

Have a great night all!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 07:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

bee - I love the Placerville/Gold Country area. I had no idea they grew lavender there!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 12:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Happy July!!!

I have been doing mostly rest and restore type routines. Foam rolling and stretching, etc.

Anyone have plans for the 4th?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 04:10 PM  
manleym

Hi everyone! Boy the week has gotten away from me! We had a great time at the lake and are headed to a different lake tomorrow to spend the day with my brother, SIL, and oldest niece. Hubby is going to grill either a brisket or ribs sometime this weekend, so those are our plans for the 4th. What is everyone else doing?

Cataddict, the trapeze comment was hilarious! And true! There are endless thrusts, and endless burpees, and endless.....I do wonder what the next trend will be once everyone is tired of (I am) everything being HIIT (or at least called HIIT whether it is or not.) Good to note about Chris's workouts needing someone working out with her so less shoutouts. I really like her workouts, but the shoutouts get annoying. I'll look for the ones that have someone with her.

ChelePA, the strawberries look delicious! I eat strawberries and blueberries every night. Can't wait to hear how the blueberries and raspberries taste. Nothing is better than fresh from the garden. I remember eating fresh peaches as a kid and the juice running down my arm and dripping off my elbow. Doesn't get any better than that.

Kittybug, I remember doing the original Pure Barre and it frying my lower body. It's been a long time since I've done it, but the burn memory is still there. I did CL #401 yesterday and it was great! I thought of you! Loved that Cathe used the loops. I definitely felt it after having done Caroline's glute and hamstrings workout the day before. I don't think we stood for any of the exercises. Everything was done on the mat. It was just what I needed yesterday and will definately revisit.

Bee the lavender festival sounds so fun! Too bad it wasn't ready yet. Hope they can get it all harvested. Fun stories of celebrity sightings! It would have been cool to say you bought Will Smith's house. I didn't remember that you went to high school with Heather Locklear. Did you know her? I'm always curious what celebrities were like in high school. I'm sure some were super popular and others were normal and average, like most of us. I'm also noticing changes in my physique from Caroline's workouts. I think that's why I keep doing her series because I always think the same (doing someone/something else) and then she comes out with a new series and I do it. Like you and Cataddict, I've felt rotation fatigue, but I just can't seem to get away from her workouts. And I think it's because of the difference I'm noticing and that her workouts push me to new levels of fitness.

VVFer, you're foam rolling, stretching, and restoration workouts sound lovely! I thought, "AHHHH" as I read your post. Sounds so relaxing and refreshing. Perfect for these hot July days.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 04:24 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Cataddict, I always listen for the Dolby stereo sound and look for "DONE!" on the screen as I'm crawling/dragging myself over to the computer to pause Caroline's workouts. I did listen for the "story" song!

Monday: 2 ½-3 hrs Yard Max (weeding) + Fuel Series 30 Min Legs Cluster Sets Workout Day 11 + CDorner Fitness Outdoor Step Aerobics Workout Basic - Intermediate Step 133 bpm #37 (SO MUCH FUN! LOVED! Great music! Thanks for the recommendation Cataddict! Totally worth doing and will do it again!) + KV Full Body Stretch

Tuesday: Fuel Series 30 Min Antagonist Upper Body Workout Day 12 + CDorner Fitness 30 Minute Cardio Kickboxing Workout No Equipment Fat Burning (fun; really liked; great music; wished she didn’t take breaks & talk to participants) + 30min. Yin Yoga “Lower Back” with Travis

Wednesday: Fuel Series 30 Min Glute & Hamstring Complex Workout Day 13 + 10 Min Ab Complex Total Abs Workout - No Equipment (LOVED BOTH) + Funk Roberts Killer 30 Minute Fat Loss Workout – Low Impact – No Jumping (has anyone else done any of Funk's workouts? I liked him as an instructor and his music isn't the same playlist used by every other YT instructor. His wife also works out with him) + Eoin Finn Power Yoga for Happiness Twisted Sister

Thursday: CL #401 To The Mat: Legs, Glutes And Core (LOVED! HR not way up there, but burn out from Fuel day 13 yesterday; nice change of pace; liked using the loops) + Essentrics Season 11 Ep.04: Full Body Flexibility +Ep.07: Spine Mobility (thanks FOLVS for posting the link!)

Friday: I doubled up today since I won't workout tomorrow. I wasn't sure I was going to get through both workouts, but I did. Yay! Workout 2 was kinda rough but I expected it to be.
Fuel Series 30 Min Dumbbell Full Body Tempo Workout Day 14 (LOVED!) + Fuel Series 30 Min Dynamite Dumbbells & Burpees HIIT Workout Day 15 (LOTS of burpees and sprawls but mentally I was able to get through this one better than day 10; I was ready for it to be over - it was tough!) + 12 Minute Dumbbell Deadbug Ab (I've done this one before and really liked it. All variations of the dead bug, which is a move I like because it's functional. And you're lying down the whole time) + Essentrics Season 11 Ep.08: Back Pain Relief + Ep.26: Hips & Hamstring (thanks again FOLVS!)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 05:52 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday, Watulans!!

I got a new pair of Saucony shoes so of course I had to try something with lots of jumping and direction changes to see how they are. I did Cathe's Perfect 30 Perfect HIIT, the high/low combo plus extended stretch. So far, so good, fingers and toes crossed because sheesh I have a hard time getting shoes that fit well and don't aggravate some issues. I think I'll try them with some step next week and then maybe I'll have a better idea. I guess they have to work now that I've sweat in them though.

Manleym, thank you for the CL 401 report! I have to figure out when to add that in. Love the lake plans too!

VVfer, I have zero plans thus for for the 4th. It's not a day my husband gets off in his industry, and I ~should~ work because finances are tough right now, but I have epic, epic, epic burnout, if I'm being honest, and just need a dang day off. So I don't know. We'll see.

As sad as it is this year, I'm rather relieved I don't have to worry about an overly anxious dog panting himself into a heart attack over the fireworks. Some of our cats hate them and the others can't be bothered to care, but none are as difficult as the dog was. I feel for any of you whose furbabies get stressed!

Stay fierce and cool all!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 09:44 PM  
ChelePA

Manleym…enjoy your lake day and BBQ. I thought the latest live looked like a good one. Maybe someday I will subscribe again. So glad to hear you and bee are seeing positive body changes.

Kittybug… I am with you on the 2 pound weights. Peloton has light weights and arms classes that I do twice per week. Sometimes I really struggle finishing those short routines. Keep us posted on the sneakers. I think I’m going to go for a fitting sometime this month. I know my gait has changed and I wonder if there are better sneakers out there besides my current pair of Asics.

Bee… sounds like you have been quite busy. I’m sure you loved spending time with your sister but sorry to hear the lavender wasn’t ready. Congrats on the progress made with Caroline!

VVfer… hoping the extra rest has your feet feeling much better.

Cataddict… trapeze comment also had me laughing. You have a great sense of humor!

I started the morning with a Peloton barre 20 minute workout. My daughter asked me to go with her for an eye appointment because she needed to pick out new glasses and wanted my opinion. So I skipped the rest of the schedule. Then happily, my new car was ready for pick up so that was a nice surprise. Several weeks earlier than expected.

Looking at the weather, I decided today was the best day to tackle Lawn Max. Friday evening and Saturday looked rainy. And we have plans on Sunday and possibly Monday. I was dreading it since it was close to 90 today. Finished the complete yard 15 minutes faster than I usually do. I was definitely able to move up and down our small hill much easier than in the past. It also helped that I skipped the lower body strength workout this morning. I was drenched at the end and tonight I’m quite exhausted. I think I’ll get some good sleep.

Sweet dreams
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 10:04 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Friday,

Yesterday was Chris Dorner's Step Workout for the Queen. It was supposed to be a celebration of Queen Elizabeth. One of the guest participants was from South Africa. It was fun! I did another Chris Dorner workout today---a 90s mix that also had two guest participants and was recorded after a live class so there was nobody to shout out to. It was fun as well. I do think I've found the secret to enjoying Chris' workouts more---either pre-recorded or with other participants. I really enjoy her choreography and her personality, but the conversations and shoutouts are distracting to me.

Today I also pushed through Fuel #24 Total body w/dumbbells. I have decided that I will take a year off from doing Arnold presses after this rotation is done. As usual, this was a tough workout. It's roughly 30 minutes of challenge.

bee, I miss Cathe as well when I do a different instructor's rotation! I plan to put together a loose rotation of Cathe Live workouts and include some more barre. It will be a change from Caroline! I expect I'll circle back to the Iron series after that since I started it and then switched to Fuel. Oh, and DH was impressed by you going to school with Heather Locklear.

FN1, now that you've teased us about your celebrity encounters, you will need to share at least one of them or I will invent something and that might not be pretty. What model Saucony shoes did you get?

TeenW, no 4th of July plans and we won't go anywhere to see fireworks. Our air quality has been bad the past few days due to a wildfire south of us. DH and I have both had scratchy sore throats and stuffed up heads and that combined with 90+ degree weather plus 90+ % humidity makes staying home the most attractive option for us.

manleym, I did that Chris Dorner kickboxing workout. I liked it too, but I can't figure out why the heck she would have a break for a 30 minute workout. I guess in a live workout that is all choreographed it would be tough to cue nonstop for that long? Cathe seems to manage for her Live workouts, but they aren't necessarily complex choreography. She probably takes breaks when filming her DVDs, we just don't know it.

ChelePA, Some of Caroline's workouts have some repetition, but I don't find most of them repetitious except for certain exercises which I've whined about here. I'm working so hard I often don't notice the repeats like I do in some of the Cathe workouts for some reason. How is Winston? Do you hear fireworks where you live? I'm hoping you don't since they may bother the poor guy?

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 10:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Friday! (barely much of it left even for those of us on the west coast)

manleym, I do not know how you were able to manage that to the mat CL the day after Caroline's glutes workout!! Wow! I'm envious of all of your lake time -- that sounds like a lot of fun and brings back great memories from my childhood. Hope you enjoy!

Chele, you shaved 15 minutes off of your LawnMax time? That's a lot! And in the heat, too! Nice that you got your new car sooner than expected! I always wish I had someone with me when I'm picking out glasses. I just have to rely on the person there helping me, since I can't see very well without any prescription on.

kittybug, new shoes! I hope they do well for you. And I agree with cataddict, let's hear some celebrity run-in stories!

Vintage, it is nice in the Placerville area -- such a cute downtown, too. We are going to a friend's house for BBQ for the 4th. They live near the beach so we'll see if anyone is setting off (illegal) fireworks on the beach. It seems like they've mostly shutdown actual legal fireworks shows in this area, which is a good thing for so many reasons, but of course plenty of people still manage to find illegal ones.

cataddict, by the time I was a senior in college, Heather was known for the milk ads ("it does a body good"). My at-the-time boyfriend's roommate was obsessed with her! He somehow convinced the guy at 7-11 to give him a life-sized stand up milk ad of her so he had that standing in their kitchen. He begged me to bring my yearbook and I did, and guess what? I never did get my yearbook back! At our ten year high school reunion it was before paparazzi were crazy everywhere, so Heather came to the reunion. She was definitely in the popular crowd in high school, and I was definitely in the nerd camp. At any rate, at one point during the reunion I went into the restroom (it was at a hotel/convention center type place) and there she was, sitting on the floor of the restroom with her buddies, smoking cigarettes as if they were back in high school! It was hilarious. My graduating class was 700-something kids, so I don't know how well she knew me, though we did share the same bus stop before we were drivers. I bumped into her years later -- well, she was in line ahead of me at the grocery store when I was home visiting my mom. I was going to say hi to her but the grocery store cashier was talking her ear off as though they were best friends and I just felt sorry for her, so I didn't say anything. She looked at me and I think there was recognition, but who knows.

Yammer, yammer.... sorry! My workout this morning was thanks to kittybug... CL "you can do anything for a minute". Except snowboarders. It was a fun workout and I did the whole thing but modified a few things here and there. Oh, I did that because the Fuel workout was an all bodyweight one with burpees and whatnot and I just decided I'd rather do Cathe.

Oh! And speaking of doing the whole thing (or not!), I had to laugh about cataddict's mention of the end song and knowing the workout is over. I looked up the song to listen to it and I didn't even recognize it! I clearly don't ever go all the way to the end of a Caroline workout. I do the finisher about maybe 60% of the time but I always shut the TV off right away when she starts her stretch because by then I want to hear my own music and do my own stretch.
Old 07-01-22, 11:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Just had to pop back in since Chele and I must have been posting at the same time and I didn't see that the car arrived early! Great! Did you find that you didn't have any period that you had to familiarize yourself with it? My last car was a Toyota and I have one now and it was just like the old one in terms of the general things that tend to confuse me when I drive a different car.

And good for you on decreasing your time at Lawn Max! Fierce! Funny but "near 90" wouldn't be considered that hot here (although it is to me, can't take the PA out of the girl even at my age). They don't seem to think it's hot until it's past 90. Crazy southerners!

Goodnight all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in