Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-22, 07:14 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Hubby and I go for a walk around 7am every morning and I do my workout when I get home. My Zoom Essentrics class is at 9am. On days I don't do that I work out around 8:30. Then I have the rest of the day for other stuff.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 07:28 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I take my lunch break and then workout. Send emails before and sometimes during! Sometimes I sneak in a workout before lunch if I can -- perks of working at home for yourself!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 07:58 PM  
bubbles76

I hate working out in the morning, but it's best for me to get it done. When I was working outside the home I did that. Now that I work from home I either workout at lunch or right after work. I love working out later in the day, as I sleep better after a vigorous workout.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-22, 09:49 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
Retirement has totally messed up my workout routine. When I was working I would work out as soon as I got home. Now, like you, I feed the pets, clean the litter boxes and other daily maintenance things then spend way too much time reading the news, etc. Before I know it most of the day is gone and the workout doesn't happen. I always thought I would workout more and do at least an hour once retired. Not sure what my problem is. Maybe I'm just burned out on everything these days.
Yes, I know! I think it's easier to be more consistent when you have a fixed schedule. When you don't, it's easy to putter around and the day gets away from you. Screen time certainly is a time eater.
Old 06-20-22, 11:11 PM  
hch
VF Supporter

The time of day hasn't always been evening as such because circumstances have led to interesting schedules, but if I had a consistently conventional schedule, I'd answer "night."

I've tended to be more physically comfortable doing strenuous or intense things "later in the day" (I don't remember a time when I was different), and I've been more consistent with that habit than, I suppose, if I ever tried to "become a morning person." (I cheerfully ignore all such propaganda. ) I've also found that the conventional warning about "not being able to sleep after late exercise" doesn't reflect my own experience.

When a number of uncertainties resolve, I'm considering adding something not long after I wake, but it's likely to be light in exertion, "different," and complementary, and I'm unlikely to shift my "main workout" to this timeslot.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-22, 09:57 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I've always exercised in the evenings. My theory is that my body has been nourished all day and I have the most energy. I have always wanted to be an early morning exerciser, and tried to change, but never stuck to it.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 08:05 AM  
Elsie

Depending on the work schedule etc, either late afternoon (after 345), evening or even during the night. I very often go for a walk either outside or to youtube just before 230am.
When my schedule was different, I was attending morning pilates classes and I found I didn't get much out of it. I simply cannot focus during morning time. This may explain why I didn't retain any Math knowledge as those classes were sooo early! Ha.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout time of day