Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-29-22, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did a CS Episode - 605?? I can't recall - it was from Season 6 though!

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Fusion Flow Sculpt (this is the one that uses the single glider)
Jessica Valent - workout for a stronger back (15 min) (usual exercises!)

Pam - how are things going w/ your class?

Sherry - I know, w/ the Dr it is hard to get all the info out there. You can try the new med and see what happens - it may not have the same effect. I guess you'll know soon enough. I hope you get some relief soon.

Waves --

I'm really enjoying Strong & Centered now - I think I had to bond w/ them. I enjoy the pacing - you feel like there is enough time to lift an appropriate weight w/out injuring yourself. I'm almost considering Lift & Shift now...

Take care!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 12:50 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jessica's Core Ball Pilates workout from the Fusion Flow + Glow DVD. I liked it and it was nice after my two miles on the treadmill with Tommy Rivs in Spain!

I was beat from my hike yesterday and think it was the heat. I didn't get much done afterwards, lol. Lots of laying around. But, I did drop off a piece of cake (with rose) for a friend who dressed up as poetess Sarah Helen Whitman (at the cemetery) on Saturday. Our friend (Levi) was presented with a cake that looked like Sarah's gravestone. Pretty cool for a woman who didn't even want anything to mark her grave!

Donna, my class went ok. Crazy lady ended up giving her presentation, but I was prepared....just in case. I was irked because she used my material and took all the glory...and was congratulated for her excellent presentation. But, I just have to move on and not let her get to me. It's not worth it. It's all so petty, the way she behaved towards me. I don't think I've every experienced a situation like that. But, I think the teacher noticed her "true colors" with her psycho emails. I have to find the good in this class and forget the past!

Also, there are 13 people in the class, and she's the one bad apple in the whole bunch! The guy that sits next to me, bought my coffee during our break on the first day. He's very sweet. And, everyone else I've chatted with (before or after class) have been great, too!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)

Last edited by Pam61; 06-29-22 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added comment: "Also,
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 10:18 AM  
Leonana

Pam, I've heard that happens often with group presentations. The one who doesn't do the work takes the credit. Makes it more preferable to do it by yourself, I guess!

Donna, I'm going to wait until Monday to start new med. I don't want to do it before the weekend if I have a reaction. In fact, I read on this drug, and it said there was a higher chance of an allergic reaction if you take it sooner than two weeks before the last reaction. Monday will be almost two weeks, and one week since it started clearing up. Crossing my fingers! Although my doctor seems to think it's fine to start them right away. At least the steroid is working to relieve the pain. It's an inflammatory and it has worked the best for me. My doctor gave me another week's prescription of it, so I'm doing okay. But you can't take high steroids for long periods of time. Hopefully, the new drug will work as well, or the next one.
Old 06-30-22, 10:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Interval Cardio plus the "Release" stretch.

I didn't do the 5K "Fast Walk" but substituted Jessica's 21 Day DVD - Low Impact HIIT instead. That one doesn't have a count down timer either but I understand the workout structure is 5 intervals, so I had a sense of "timing" in that one.

I did follow up with the Release Stretch - I was probably a little too harsh in my judgment of the stretch DVD - my criticism was that it was like her other stretch workouts - but you know, there is only so much you can do w/ a stretch workout.

Again, I'm really bonding with these and I'm trying to figure out if I can handle doing them while my bathroom is being renovated. I'm just not sure since the contractors get here early and I have lost my "steam" for super early morning workouts - in part spoiled from WFH and not having to plan so much since my commute is gone AND my elderly dog has me up at least 2X a night to go out so my sleep is not great. It will probably a struggle in and of itself to be up and showered before the contractors get here every day. And by evening I'm petering out...but we shall see. I may just find a plan of short workouts (20-30 min) to do while that work is happening and then maybe re-visit this set again.

I wonder if Jessica will create some new master rotations that include these workouts?

Pam - Ugh. I agree with Sherry w/ group work, there is always one who takes the credit and doesn't put in the effort. My DD hates group projects for that reason. She is very organized and gets her stuff done in advance and it drives her crazy to have to wait on other people and then to have her grade impacted negatively if someone doesn't do their part.

Sherry - I hope the new med works!! Good idea not to take it before going away - it makes sense to be able to enjoy your time away w/out worrying about a reaction.

waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 06-30-22, 10:17 PM  
Leonana

I hope everyone has a good evening and nice Friday!
Old 07-01-22, 02:34 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

A bit late today in checking in -

I did:

Jessica's Strength Workout (31 min) and her "Recover" stretch.

This set is growing on me!

Sherry - so you were allergic but just not to what you thought you were allergic too? That is good to find out - that means that you can go back on the med that was working. I hope you have a good and relaxing weekend.

Pam - don't work too hard on your class!

waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 07-02-22, 09:40 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Ugh, work has been crazy and I haven't had a chance to post. I've been doing random, short workouts the past couple of weeks but today I decided to restart Strong & Centered and did the Total Body 48 workout. Hopefully I can stick with it. Even though it's a holiday weekend, I'm waiting to hear back from my boss about something.

Donna, Glad to hear you like Strong & Centered! I like it too, I just wish I had more time to do it. The longer workouts are tough for me right now because this is my busy season at work and this will continue all through July, so I may follow the schedule but substitute shorter, similar workouts on days when the workout is over a half hour. I have to go on a business trip in early August, but I'm trying to find a way out of it because I still don't want to travel.

Sherry, Sorry to hear you're still having issues. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts, but I hope you get some answers soon. At least it does sound like you've had some improvement so that's good!

Waves to Pam and Liz!
Old 07-02-22, 11:53 AM  
Leonana

I have lost so much muscle tone, and things are sagging! What we are doing does affect our breasts and rear end, let me tell you. Last night I did four of each without weights - squats, and arm moves, and calf raise. It did increase my pain a bit, but it made me feel better. But now that I have a hernia on the right side, I guess I shouldn't be using weights anyway.

Donna, no I was allergic to the med. I was hoping it was something else, but it wasn't. She put me on a new med right away, that is similar so compatible and I could start it right away. Unfortunately, I was allergic to it too, and the allergy became worse. I was at Urgent Care a week ago getting a steroid shot. It makes me wonder if I might have tolerated the second med, if I had gotten over the reaction first, and waiting until the rash and swelling went away. But who knows! I'm starting a new med, but I'm waiting until Monday. I don't want to have a reaction over the weekend again.

However, I discovered the steroid is a great pain reliever, even better than my original meds. Steroids don't usually work for nerve pain, so I guess my issue is inflammation, because it relieved most of my pain. So I've been doing okay this week. However, I stop taking it next week, so am hoping the new med kicks in by then.
Old 07-02-22, 02:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I took a rest day yesterday, with lots of errands to run on Friday!

With the new month I'm adding Kelly Coffey Meyer's workouts back in, because they're so time efficient, but only focusing on her strength workouts. I will mix and match with some shorter Jessica, when I have the time.

Today was KCM Power Splits (Upper Body.) This was less than 20 minutes doing the Premix without the cardio finisher. I'm planning on doing this one 3x per week to hit the UB good! Hits all but the abs, but I can add cardio (boxing) finisher or Jessica's Core Pilates Ball workout at only 13 minutes, next time!

I also did two short treadmill walks in Spain with Tommy (my fav iFIT trainer!) Each day with him is a "life lesson." He spoke about his family and spending time with his 91 year old grandmother before he got sick with cancer. During his recovery he had to learn to do everything again, eat, sit up in bed, stand up, walk to the bathroom with a walker, then walk a mile (which took him an hour) and learn to do body weight exercises again. It was all a progression and took a long time. It's been almost two years since he was in the hospital with a coma. Couldn't move his hands, feet, breathe on his own, etc. He was once an endurance athlete and had to begin again. He may never run, but he walks each day and appreciates life....and has a huge sense of gratitude for getting to live again! He lives in the moment and enjoys spending time with his family and friends. So inspirational to listen to him talk...and he's so humble and compassionate.

Happy 4th of July weekend all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 03:47 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today's workout:

Jenny Ford - Seven Summit Step Challenge # 1 of 65 - this was a basic step routine....but I can tell I have improved my cardio capacity so that is encouraging.

I also did the "rejuvenate" stretch from Jessica's stretch DVD.

Sherry - just hope things improve - maybe it is encouraging if it is inflammation - like maybe it isn't permanent and will go away once the inflammation settles?

Pam - good plan about KCM. The longer Jessica workouts are a bit of a challenge to fit in sometimes, and also mentally challenging!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day!

Donna

Tags
tablet