Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-22, 08:50 AM  
fatkat555

For stretching I like Lastics Lite. It’s 15 minutes of stretching, upbeat but not fake. It’s my add-on to most workouts, and I appreciate there’s no woo woo yoga talk.
For strength work that’s not taxing I really like Firm Lower Body Shaping with Kim Bartlett. This was my go-to pregnancy workout. There are repetitive lunges, but again it’s not a workout that requires lots of mental energy.

Hope all is well with you!

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 08:59 AM  
Gams

Scott Cole Disco Dojo
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 09:15 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I stumbled upon Yes2Next on YouTube when looking for a 10 minute walk. It's very, very low key - a daughter and her senior mom. They have such good comradery, it made me smile and was very light and simple.

Others have mentioned Lee Holden and I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the YoQi channel on YouTube but that's a great way to try qigong out.

And walking in nature always helps my mood.

Best wishes.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 09:17 AM  
donellda

I am sorry for what you are going through. I lost my granddaughter and my father 8 months apart, 2 years ago now. It was a very painful time for me and I have to admit, that it did affect my workouts. I think I did mostly Leslie's Walk 15 workouts because 15 minutes was all I could do at the time. I am back on track now but it took a while.
Old 06-07-22, 10:26 AM  
fanofladyvols

Hugs to all of you for whatever you're going through.

Here are my faves:
--Tamilee total body stretch
--Qi Gong Lee Holden 7 minutes of magic
--10 minute solution workouts
--Yoga zone beginner workouts
--Beach pilates set (Caribbean Shelly McDonald/Jen Tilley)
--Warmups and cooldowns of Lauren Brooks and Cathe DVDs
--Mobility segments on David Jack and BJ Gaddour Men's health workouts
--Body groove DVDs
--Ellen Barrett DVDs
--Outdoor walks
--eating a meal or reading a book outdoors as often as possible or facing a window

On YouTube, if your internet cooperates, Trifecta Pilates evening and gentle practices and Mira Pilates her gentle practices and prepilates playlist.

Bridging back, I usually
--reduce or eliminate the step in step workouts,
--reduce the reps and do mobility instead of doing all the cardio or weight reps,
--reduce or eliminate weights, or
--adding only one interval or set of a workout to the warmup and cooldown.

Hope you each find ways to heal

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 11:29 AM  
bubbles76

I like most stuff Kathy Smith, because she just puts me in a good mood. She's just goofy and cheesy as heck. Body Groove workouts with Misti Tripoli also put me in a good mood, and the music is usually very good. You can make those as hard or as easy as you want. Lastly, Soul Sweat! The music is good and the setting is zen for me. You may also like Kari Anderson's Angles Lines and Curves dvds. They are calming.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 03:31 PM  
Hsim

I like Trudy Styler's Cardio Dance Flow which is only 25 min long. It is not hard in any way and just gets you moving. There is also a foam roller segment that's about 25 mins. Another one is Barlates Fusion Flow Easy Cardio.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 04:44 PM  
TinaT

I had a similiar thread going about starting over and PowerFit with Stephanie Huckabee was suggested by several ladies. Only 20 mins each and bands are used instead of weights.

This is where I'm at right now with working out. I'm so glad I was reminded of these. (yes, eBay has many copies for sale at good prices).
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 05:21 PM  
Sollamyn

I like Jessica Smith's Walk-n-Talk Youtube videos. It's easy walking steps, nothing complicated and you can do your own thing, if you want, without missing anything. Her talks vary in topic but they are all very encouraging, uplifting, inspiring. Fifteen minutes and you're done or you can choose another workout. If you're wearing a fitness tracker, then at least you can get in a few steps, even if you don't feel like doing anything else. While she has several walk-n-talks to choose from, there isn't an overwhelming number of them, so you don't have to overthink it.

Donna
Old 06-07-22, 06:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
The last thing I want to do right now is a fast paced cardio workout...
I know you said you didn't think you'd be in the mood for cardio (and I had suggested Leslie Sansone earlier in a post). But, cardio does get the endorphins going and it really does help to lift your mood, even just walking a mile. And, Leslie is very positive, uplifting and happy, also.

What about getting outside for a walk, instead? Sometime that helps to just clear your head and get you in the right frame of mind.

I know when I'm really struggling, it's all I can do to just get moving (like you also stated) and that's when Qi Gong and Tai Chi are best for me, but everyone is different in their likes/dislikes.

Sometimes just getting started is the hardest thing. Some gentle or restorative yoga might be just the ticket, where your focus is on helping you relax and take care of your body with stretching.

When I'm undecided, I like fusion workouts, too! Something with a little bit of this and that....light weights, gentle movement....that kind of thing.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
easy workouts, stress relief, too tired days, tough times, working out when sad