Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-22, 12:08 PM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Oooh looks great, already subscribed! Thank you!

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 05:24 AM  
Elsie

I've noticed what may be a V'fer or two in her YT workouts comment section and thought I'd poke in here to see how we are doing with the 40-4-40 program so far?
I have to say that I'm loving it. It's the perfect intensity for me, I'm seeing strength gains ALL over and feeling pretty good about myself! Like that it's three days a week with room for progressive gains. I do not follow along with her core moves at the end though, they are too advanced for my back issues. I also sometimes need more time between body part sets, so I pause. I feel like after this program, I'll likely feel better about trying her Plateau buster out again. That one was real tough for me the first time around and I didn't follow it exactly. I think I was trying to do too many things as well.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 07:22 AM  
ellaenchanted

(That is great Elsie! I have been doing the full body workouts (the rotation with only about 8 workouts) and it got me through that weird post holiday time when I tend to want to fall into a workout slump. Well, this year, there was no slump! I am moving onto her split upper/lower program now because I am feeling energetic again now that the days a slightly longer so I want to do more some more more leg and glute work. I love that I feel worked but I never feel exhausted or over trained.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 08:38 PM  
Elsie

ellaenchanted, oh that's awesome to not have that slump set in. Not an easy feat!! I didn't do that whole Beginner rotation prior to this Intermediate program, but I did do a couple. Yes, great, encouraging and not easy workouts.
I see what you're saying with the lower body. During my first week of this 40-4-40, I added on a bit of calf work. I've decided since, that I'm just gonna follow the program. There are 10+ sets for lower body in a week. I was doing mostly Cathe Live for lower body before and this was a welcome change (even though Cathe, to me, is the Leg Queen!!!). When I did go along with Cee's plateau buster, she worked the front and back/glutes in different splits which I thought was challenging and very interesting. I liked doing it in that fashion.
Right now, I'm kind of pondering what I will do after this program and a 10 day Deload. Will I go back to plateau buster, another Cee total body, perhaps splits, or something altogether different? I've been watching STS #3 on Ebay. We shall see! Lol.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 09:06 PM  
momofcha

What is the plateau buster?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 09:25 PM  
wendug

Just wanted to chime in that I'm doing the 40-4-40 challenge and really enjoying it. No dread factor at all! I'm mad that I did not measure myself before I started this rotation. My upper body is looking great, and my waist has cinched in a bit. My legs still need work, but I'll get there. I'm even adding on an additional leg move since this series is light on leg work. My jeans seemed looser this morning, but that could just be wishful thinking. I will complete this rotation and then move onto something a bit more advanced. I keep viewing Vera LaRo's workouts and they look really good, but are they too advanced? I don't know. I wouldn't hesitate to try another Lift w/ Cee rotation. I'm enjoying my results so far.

Oh, I also discovered that when I need a single heavy dumbbell (for a single dumbbell deadlift), I can hold a 25 pound dumbbell along with a 20 pound kettlebell to make a heavier weight than I own in a single dumbbell. I just line up the handles and grip with both hands.
Old 01-23-22, 01:23 AM  
fatkat555

I just started the plateau buster tonight.

Momofcha, the plateau buster is the named playlist on Lift with Che’s YouTube channel.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 07:23 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Just wanted to chime in that I'm doing the 40-4-40 challenge and really enjoying it. No dread factor at all! I'm mad that I did not measure myself before I started this rotation. My upper body is looking great, and my waist has cinched in a bit. My legs still need work, but I'll get there. I'm even adding on an additional leg move since this series is light on leg work. My jeans seemed looser this morning, but that could just be wishful thinking. I will complete this rotation and then move onto something a bit more advanced. I keep viewing Vera LaRo's workouts and they look really good, but are they too advanced? I don't know. I wouldn't hesitate to try another Lift w/ Cee rotation. I'm enjoying my results so far.

Oh, I also discovered that when I need a single heavy dumbbell (for a single dumbbell deadlift), I can hold a 25 pound dumbbell along with a 20 pound kettlebell to make a heavier weight than I own in a single dumbbell. I just line up the handles and grip with both hands.
Vera is up next for me. i do think her current total body rotation is advanced. But, you can use a weight that is right for you and do less reps.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 10:28 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Thanks! Her workouts look really good. I noticed that she lists the exercises and gives extra tips below the video. I love it when they list the exercises in the description, because it helps me decide if it is something I'll want to do.
Agreed! I don't always check back in the middle of the workout though - the one thing I wish she'd do is to say what next exercise is coming up during the rest. She is usually changing her weights during this time, and I'd like to change mine too!

I've done two of her 40-4-40 workouts; I'm going to continue with the series, trying to do twice a week. I've been trying to do more strength work overall since being diagnosed with osteopenia in my right hip last April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug
Just wanted to chime in that I'm doing the 40-4-40 challenge and really enjoying it. No dread factor at all! I'm mad that I did not measure myself before I started this rotation. My upper body is looking great, and my waist has cinched in a bit.
How often are you doing these workouts?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 10:53 AM  
momofcha

Eth - not ideal, but I take a picture of the list of the moves at the beginning of the workout. I stream through my iPad so I just refer to my picture to see what’s next.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl coulombe, eccentric weight training, lift with cee, move with cee, over 40, over 50, youtube, youtube strength