Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-29-22, 08:44 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
I just saw a post saying that Ray Liotta has died. According to the article I read, he was in the Dominican Republic filming a movie and died in his sleep. He was 67.
I know he had a long and wonderful career after this, but I will always remember him as Joey Perini back in the late 70s and early 80s on Another World.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 08:50 AM  
LAC

Bo Hopkins has died at 80. He was known for a lot of westerns, but if you grew up watching Dynasty, he played Matthew Blaisdel.
Old 05-29-22, 09:05 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I know he had a long and wonderful career after this, but I will always remember him as Joey Perini back in the late 70s and early 80s on Another World.
I don't remember that! I watched AW in the early 80s. I just watched this clip, and a 2:20, he's talking to Sandy, who I definitely remember:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz_X...StartedOnSoaps

ETA: It looks like he left in November 1981, which might have been the early end of when I started watching.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 11:16 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I don't remember that! I watched AW in the early 80s. I just watched this clip, and a 2:20, he's talking to Sandy, who I definitely remember:

ETA: It looks like he left in November 1981, which might have been the early end of when I started watching.
Beth, wasn't he Angie Perini's brother? I remember her character as I think she was on longer but not much about him. I definitely do remember his beautiful and memorable eyes. I started watching AW in the 70s.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 05:11 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Beth, wasn't he Angie Perini's brother? I remember her character as I think she was on longer but not much about him. I definitely do remember his beautiful and memorable eyes. I started watching AW in the 70s.
Yes, he was Angie Perini's younger brother and their mother was Rose or Rosa. I was in high school at the time and when my siblings and I would get off the bus in the afternoon, my mom would be watching AW - I think she liked Mac Cory. I never really paid attention to the story line until Joey came on the scene. I think he was my first star crush. I only got to follow along for a few months before mom decided it wasn't appropriate viewing (I'm betting she watched as much as she could until us kids got of the bus, lol, then she turned it off). But I've never forgotten Joey Perini!
Old 05-30-22, 04:07 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Yes, he was Angie Perini's younger brother and their mother was Rose or Rosa. I was in high school at the time and when my siblings and I would get off the bus in the afternoon, my mom would be watching AW - I think she liked Mac Cory. I never really paid attention to the story line until Joey came on the scene. I think he was my first star crush. I only got to follow along for a few months before mom decided it wasn't appropriate viewing (I'm betting she watched as much as she could until us kids got of the bus, lol, then she turned it off). But I've never forgotten Joey Perini!
Funny! I liked the character of Mac Cory too. It was so sad when the actor passed away. I watched it throughout high school with either my mom or the girl across the street at her house. My mom fortunately didn't seem overly concerned about my being morally corrupted by the content. AW was my favorite soap back in the day. RIP Joey/Ray.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 04:18 PM  
Gams

I used to watch Another World, too, but maybe a little before you guys. I loved the Steve and Alice Frame and the Robert and Lenore romances. I looked up Jacqueline Courtney to see if she was still acting but she passed away awhile ago at only 64.

Robert Emhardt originated the role of Mac Cory, but they recast so they could make romantic storylines with the character more believable.

Last edited by Gams; 05-30-22 at 04:23 PM. Reason: To add info
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 04:00 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

According to Wikipedia, Joanie Greggains passed away on 5/28/22.

I have tried to find more articles or information on this but there isn't much. But I figure that Wikipedia is pretty accurate.

I used to watch Morning Stretch before school, and my mom was a fan of the show too.

RIP Ms. Greggains
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 04:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
According to Wikipedia, Joanie Greggains passed away on 5/28/22.

I have tried to find more articles or information on this but there isn't much. But I figure that Wikipedia is pretty accurate.

I used to watch Morning Stretch before school, and my mom was a fan of the show too.

RIP Ms. Greggains
Oh no! Sad to hear this news. I remember my mom working out with her on LP. I have a couple of her VHS.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 04:19 PM  
amoodygirl

Oh no - this is sad. I watched Joanie's show religiously as well as Margaret Richard, Charlene Prickett. I just did Joanie's "Phenomenal Abs", found on You Tube.

RIP Joanie.

Edited to add: Found a Facebook posting by I assume a radio colleague, Spencer Hughes:

“Very saddened by the news of the death of radio friend and colleague and mentor, Joanie Greggains. She was a household name to Bay Area radio and television listeners and viewers for over 40 years.

I found this out a little bit ago from friend Melanie Morgan:

"I have some very upsetting news to pass along about my best friend Joanie Greggains. She has left us to re-join her beloved husband Bob McDonald today, where she is undoubtedly cracking some really bad jokes and clucking over the state of the world.

Joanie was a star of TV and Radio for over 40 years here in the Bay Area and around the world. Joanie hosted a Health and Fitness program called “Morning Stretch” which debuted on KPIX TV and ran in syndication until 2000. She joined KGO AM Radio where she hosted the #1 Saturday morning radio program in Northern California in 1985.

Program Director Jack Swanson says “she was an amazing bright light whose energy and endless happiness was infectious.”

Joanie was also a Physical Education teacher in San Francisco and was always teaching and cajoling us into healthier lifestyle choices.

There are a million things I want to say about my best friend, but I am still in a state of shock. Joanie would want me to remind everyone “look and feel fabulous, it’s the best way to live.”

An autopsy with the Marin Coroner’s office is pending and services will be announced when arrangements are complete.

Rest in peace my Sissy. I will miss you more than you will ever know.

Joanie is survived by her brother Ed Ferro and her beloved dog Cadbury.

Joan Greggains 2/18/44 - 5/28/22."

Very crushed. Life is precious. Live it and love it and those around you. Be a force for good in this world instead of an energy vampire and source of negativity. You always have that choice.”

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane

Last edited by amoodygirl; 05-31-22 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Found more info
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic