Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-19, 08:21 PM  
yoga1566

Bellicon questions - frame finish, mat options, etc

Hey guys!

Looking to buy my first Bellicon and I'm driving myself crazy agonizing over some of the options. I've decided to go with the 44" size with the folding legs, but I'm looking for opinions on the frame finishes and mat options, please. I love the look of the premium stainless steel frame, but I'm not sure it's worth the significant upcharge. Anyone with the classic frame - have you noticed any scratches with normal use and moving it around your home?

Regarding the mat - in pictures, it looks like the edges of the classic mat eventually curl up, is that an accurate assessment? Does anyone have and like the comfort mat? I'm wondering if it is noisy at all. I prefer the look of the classic mat vs the comfort mat, but the curling would drive me crazy!
yoga1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 09:05 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I have a 44" inch with foldable legs. I did not get the stainless steel upgrade and have not noticed any scratches at all. I am happy with the look of it. I also have the classic mat and have noticed only very minimal curling. It doesn't bother me, but I think major curling would bother me. I am super happy with my bellicon! I have had it for 2-3 years, I can't remember exactly. And it gets consistent use!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 09:20 PM  
cyana

I have a 52" with the premium stainless frame. I was fortunate to have a vacation buy out when I left a job some years back and had a boatload of time off accrued, so I splurged on the upgrade. I've never heard anyone complain that they were unhappy with the standard finish. I got the screw in legs, but haven't heard of anyone having problems with the folding legs. There wasn't a comfort mat at that time, so I have the standard mat and really haven't had any problems with curling. Major curling would make me nuts.

I can honestly say the Bellicon is an excellent piece of equipment.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 01:37 PM  
yoga1566

Thanks guys! I'm planning on getting reimbursed by my FSA for it, so I guess I'm okay splurging on the premium upgrade cost. I just really love the look of the stainless steel! Plus I'm planning on storing it upright on it's side on hardwood or vinyl plank floors and I'd rather not be paranoid about scratching the black frame.

Has anyone regretted going super bright with their colors? I'm considering a pink mat with either blue or yellow bungees. My other option is a black mat with grey bungees, lol. I normally love simple, classic design but the Bellicon brights are so fun!
Old 12-02-19, 04:45 PM  
cyana

I 100% understand where you're coming from with liking the look of the stainless steel frame - so did I. They didn't have all the cool colors back when I got mine, so I have the mat with the gray trim and gray bungees - very classic. Or some might say dull and boring, LOL!

I think the bright colors are very fun and would consider that route if I ever need to replace my mat/bungees.

I have an older JumpSport that has a black finish and haven't had any problems with flaking/chipping of the paint.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 07:16 PM  
yoga1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I 100% understand where you're coming from with liking the look of the stainless steel frame - so did I. They didn't have all the cool colors back when I got mine, so I have the mat with the gray trim and gray bungees - very classic. Or some might say dull and boring, LOL!

I think the bright colors are very fun and would consider that route if I ever need to replace my mat/bungees.

I have an older JumpSport that has a black finish and haven't had any problems with flaking/chipping of the paint.
I had a JumpSport for years, too. For the life of me, I can't remember if it scratched at all, even after I had to keep it outside for a bit. Got rid of it only because we moved into a smaller bungalow and it wasn't easy to store it - it wound up outside on our covered patio. That's why I'm really looking forward to getting the Bellicon with the folding legs! Even though it's a bigger rebounder, I'll still be able to store it away.

I just checked and a new set of bungees isn't that expensive, so even if I get tired of the bright look, I can always just buy a new color. So I think I'm going to go for the blue bungees and pink mat! Thanks for the feedback!
Old 01-26-20, 02:38 PM  
yoga1566

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input! I wound up going for the Bellicon premium 44" with the folding legs, a black classic mat and rainbow bungees. I absolutely love this thing! It's so gorgeous and the bounce is incredible, just so much fun. Even though it was expensive compared to my old Jumpsport, I think it was worth every penny - I definitely get the Bellicon hype now!
Old 01-26-20, 02:54 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Welcome to the fold . Enjoy!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 08:39 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga1566 View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone for their input! I wound up going for the Bellicon premium 44" with the folding legs, a black classic mat and rainbow bungees. I absolutely love this thing! It's so gorgeous and the bounce is incredible, just so much fun. Even though it was expensive compared to my old Jumpsport, I think it was worth every penny - I definitely get the Bellicon hype now!
I just replaced my green and blue bungees with the rainbow ones yesterday!! I love them so much, and they are just so darned cheerful!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FBCE1403-25BA-4A84-A402-874450C8DC9F.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	4670  
Old 01-26-20, 10:56 PM  
SueT

I love those rainbow bungees!

SueT
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags