Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-22, 10:59 AM  
alisoncooks

Keeping fitness momentum in hard times…

I’m down 25-30 pounds over the last couple of years. It’s been a long, slow road but I’m finally gaining some momentum. (15+ of those pounds have been since I bought my rowing machine in January.) I’ve finally moved down a couple of sizes (still have a few more to go).

{{Don’t quote this paragraph}}
We’ve been having a bad few months with my youngest child’s mental health, and now we just found out that DH has cancer. (Many if you will remember that he had cancer 2014-2018ish. Now he has MDS and the only treatment for that is bone marrow transplant. We’re optimistic but this is serious stuff.)

Anyway, I’m stressing over everything. My monthly cycle has gone berserk and I’ve gained back a few pounds. I’m wondering if my workouts (rowing alternated with weights) are too much stress for my body right now. I’m curious about others’ experience — did tougher workouts help during hard times as a stress relief or was it better to back off? I gained so much weight last time DH was sick (stress, fast food, etc); I want to use that knowledge to prevent it this time!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency, stress reduction, stress relief