Old 03-25-11, 06:12 PM  
Missiscipi

LOL Rory!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 06:14 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
For me it has been a low-calorie diet and taking my workouts down several notches. I have lost 10 pounds in two months after doing this.
Works for me too. Anything intense just makes me too hungry! Even if a HIIT workout is very short, doesn't matter, still makes me hungry.
Old 03-25-11, 06:51 PM  
violingal3

I have to chime in here - I have to give credit to Rozy for finally pushing me over to kettlebells after years of not clicking on those threads! How could you not with her success?

But since I started back in late February, I haven't seen results in my body like this ever. I am working out less and I'm not killing myself with intensity (but those KB workouts sure do sneak upon you). My weight has come down those few stubborn vanity pounds and I'm just getting defined and lifted! I eat well to begin with, so my diet hasn't changed - just sticking to natural, basic foods to fuel my body properly!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 07:12 PM  
fatkat555

I think what works is variety- in food, in exercise... I think changing what you eat, how much, when you exercise, and how much keeps your body guessing. I think our bodies can easily adapt and even taking things down a notch can make a difference. Then ramping things back up with a different type of exercise keeps your body changing.

And if it doesn't work, at least you aren't bored.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 07:50 PM  
Cassy

violingal - you should join us on the Insane KB check in and tell us your details.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 07:51 PM  
2ndgen

It doesn't matter what I do or don't do exercise wise. It is all about diet.
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 08:34 PM  
keilan00

Diet. Focus. Diet. Determination. Diet. Exercise. Diet.

Something clicked in my brain towards the end of last month which allowed me to fully embrace the above. I stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost a total of 8 pounds in 4 weeks. Actually, I haven't exercised during this time period because I'm nursing 2 reoccurring injuries but I will be incorporating exercise soon.

Calorie counting isn't fun but I've never seen my weight scale move so fast in my life. I'm not on a special food diet. I'm allowed to eat whatever I please but I'm mindful of my daily calorie intake number.

I've started diets before but always stop at the 2-3 week mark. I know what I want and I know what steps I need to take to meet my goals. I've always known what I needed to do but now I'm finally ready to put in the effort to make it a reality.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 09:12 PM  
Robin L

I did an accidental experiment once when our fence washed away in a flood. Instead of just letting the dogs out first thing in the morning, I'd drive the dogs to a big field and walk for about an hour. I drank coffee on the way there but ate nothing. I was already very fit and slim, but lost about 5 pounds in the several months before the fence was fixed. Since I was working out regularly with weights, I think it was fat loss.

About six months ago I got a new dog that needs long walks and walk him for 1-2 hours in the morning after coffee and before breakfast. And again I've lost weight and trimmed up.

In both cases, I wasn't trying to lose weight and ate the same as usual.

I totally agree with previous posters that we can't out-exercise consumption of highly processed food.
Robin L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 10:18 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffgirl View Post
you can choose not to exercise, just cut your calories to lose weight.
My co-worker did this. She said she's lazy and hates exercise. I noticed she never said anything but started eating salads for lunch and passed up the monthly birthday cake and baked goodies people always bring into the office. It took her about four months but she lost the weight and is very happy.
Old 03-25-11, 10:34 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

We had a party at my house once where we had a pretty famous software engineer show up (without mentioning any names). There were a couple of hundred people at this party. All throughout the party, for hours, this somewhat famous guy was surrounded by geek-hanger-ons.... all asking him geeky questions. As it happens, he had just recently lost 30 pounds. Well, the next morning it was just a small circle of close friends who had spent the night, and at breakfast the women had him literally surrounded and we were all asking him how he'd lost the weight. It was just like the geeks only not. Anyway, he did it all through diet -- he said he looked at how many calories you burn working out, and he decided it would be much easier to lose weight by cutting calories rather than trying to burn them off. I think the summary of what he had done was give up beer and to have oatmeal for breakfast, but no exercise. Of course, that's not what we're here for!!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diet is key, faq, fat loss, tosca reno