Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-21, 08:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Nice finds all! I like finding little bonuses inside other things. I think I am going to see if my library has that Janis Saffell!

I went to a local Goodwill with DH this past Saturday; he was basically a Goodwill virgin but wound up buying 6 shirts.

While he looked at books, I checked out the fitness DVDs. Unfortunately this store didn't have them organized, so I put them together as I found them. There were a few good ones, but again, nothing I didn't already have/have tried. Then DH said "here's a yoga book" that turned out to be Jessamyn Stanley's Everybody Yoga, so I was thrilled!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-21, 06:43 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

picked up:

The Firm (pink) Total Body Makeover ($2.24). i was kinda bummed because I bought it for the Sculpt-ilates workout. I discovered it's the express version (31 min) instead of the full version (51 min).

saw - $2.99 each:
Slim in 6 refilmed version
Bob Harper - 4 DVD set (Total Trainer plus, Ultimate Cardio Body, Cardio Conditioning, Pure Burn Super Strength)

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 12:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

picked up from Goodwill - $3:
Yoga Foundations by Travis Eliot

i have never seen a Travis Eliot video in a thrift store! it was ironic because i traded for his Short & Sweet because it's extremely rare. at the time, i held off getting Yoga Foundations due to YF being easier to find online.

this same store had a few other workouts like Rodney Yee "Power Yoga"- a three workout on 1 DVD that contains:
  • Yoga Burn;
  • Power Yoga;
  • Yoga for Conditioning for Athletes

i considered getting it to consolidate those same titles that i own on individual discs.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Yoga-Co...3690237&sr=8-1

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-14-21, 01:02 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
While he looked at books, I checked out the fitness DVDs. Unfortunately this store didn't have them organized, so I put them together as I found them. There were a few good ones, but again, nothing I didn't already have/have tried. Then DH said "here's a yoga book" that turned out to be Jessamyn Stanley's Everybody Yoga, so I was thrilled!
Hubby for the win! Let me know if you like that book. I've been interested in reading it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 12:57 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Jillian Body Revolution was $5 for the complete set at two different thrift stores.
The Firm Fanny Lifter both steps was $7.50
The Firm Wave was $8
The Firm dvds were $1.25
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 04:49 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
Jillian Body Revolution was $5 for the complete set at two different thrift stores.
The Firm Fanny Lifter both steps was $7.50
The Firm Wave was $8
The Firm dvds were $1.25
Wow! You saw both the Fanny Lifter and the Wave. I rarely see them when I'm out thrifting, but I already have both so don't need them! Did you pick up any Firm DVD's?
Old 06-19-21, 07:01 PM  
Garrie A.

Scored a Body by Jake Bun & Thigh Rocker at an out-of-town Goodwill today for $20. It came with two 25 lb. bands and four 10 lb. bands. I've wanted one of these for a while, since they are similar to the coveted Soloflex Rockit (which I would love to own but they are hard to find and do not fold up for storage).
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 07:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
Scored a Body by Jake Bun & Thigh Rocker at an out-of-town Goodwill today for $20. It came with two 25 lb. bands and four 10 lb. bands.
Awesome find!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-21, 07:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
Scored a Body by Jake Bun & Thigh Rocker at an out-of-town Goodwill today for $20. It came with two 25 lb. bands and four 10 lb. bands. I've wanted one of these for a while, since they are similar to the coveted Soloflex Rockit (which I would love to own but they are hard to find and do not fold up for storage).
wtg. that is awesome.

Old 06-20-21, 01:03 PM  
Kitten

Today I got Men's Health Big Book of Muscle for $.90! I was so excited!

Saw, but did not purchase 10 kettleworx dvds still in shrink wrap.

And a shake weight. I starting giggling very hard in the middle of the thrift store.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds