Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-05-21, 07:55 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Lower Body Sculpt from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set. Earlier today (and also on Friday) I got in an outdoor 1.5-hour morning walk.

Cyana: The birthday party on Thursday was for my brother! Like Thanksgiving, it was just our tiny family of four -- me, my brother, my niece (his daughter) and my grandniece (his granddaughter). We had pizza, and also shared a couple of fancy pastries in lieu of a birthday cake. I don't do a Christmas tree either due to cats but I have a little shelf's worth of holiday decorations I put out.

Margot: I'll go to Paris with you! I actually have a second cousin who lives there, pretty close to the Eiffel Tower.

Waving to everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 09:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Groan, happy Moan Day! Yesterday featured:

~ GYM for 20/10 of treadmill and recumbent
~ YWK 45 Full Body Yin With Bolster
~ 5,261 steps.

The Kassandra is a newer yin, very nice and stretchy 45 minutes.

I heard back from yinyoga.com CS. Nathalie said we can access the Sunday recording until next Saturday, here: https://yinyoga.com/online_classes/

Hopefully next week, those who want to tune in live can access Zoom.

I'm sorry to be short, everyone - wishing you all the best!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 10:35 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Give Me Strength upper body workout
Jackie's Essentrics

Cyana and Sandra, the cat we had when I was a child climbed our Christmas tree and knocked it over one year but interestingly, she never took any interest in our Christmas trees for the rest of her life and she lived to be about 20.

Margot and Cyana, I don't like TIFTing at all!

Pat, thank you for the link to Bernie's Yin class!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 01:56 PM  
Twigs

Hello all!

Today's classes all short and sweet:
- MFML Clive's Rise & Shine (15m)
- HealthBarre Slender Me Quick
- Neighbourhood walk - We got caught in a hailstorm just about half-way along our route. As we were walking back down the hill, it looked like a river running down the road and the paths were slippery from the ice. No harm done except for being drenched when we got home.
- YoQi Ba Duan Jim 8 Silk Brocades (20m)

Cyana and Pat - Sorry you had trouble getting access to Bernie's class last night. Spoiler alert! The class's focus was on the spine. Bernie started with a series of forward bends, then we did Sphinx and some lying twists and 'bananasana' (Bernie's name for this pose). The class was 70 minutes long and you could stay for a meditation but I needed to get dinner going, so left after savanasana. I liked it a lot and am looking forward to next week's class. I'm sure my body feels better for it today.

Sandra - That sounds good to me. Have you ever visited your second cousin in Paris? I spent a month there when I was 16 years old and it's always going to hold a special place in my heart. At one point I was going to live there. I even had a job lined up and a place to live but then my first husband came along and that was that!

Paine - Christmas tree decorating at your house sounds like so much fun. I bet your grandsons can't wait for Christmas. It's such an exciting time for the little ones.

Waves to all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 05:17 PM  
cyana

Quick Post and Run -

Started the day with 50 crunches on the stability ball. I listened in on a Q&A call with Lee for the breathwork workshop series this afternoon (shhhh....don't tell my boss. I WAS working at the same time.) and this evening will be a live streaming qi gong class with Lee. Oh - the call was on Zoom and I had no problems getting in on my personal desktop (I was using the Surface yesterday).

Margot - I'll try to do Bernie's class some time this week during the replay period. You only needed to say Sphinx Pose and I'm in - that's one of my favorite poses. When I used to regularly attend classes at the neighborhood yoga studio, one of my instructors would include Sphinx every class because he knew I loved it so much. I see you did Clive's new class - I definitely need to get some Clive into my life soon.

Paine
- I absolutely detest TIFTing. That was one of the great things about VF reviews - I'd always look for TIFTing. I much prefer the block choreography, like the Firm used to do. Do it and move on, please.

Sandra - A belated Happy Birthday to your brother!

Pat - Here's hoping you and I can get into the Bernie replay - fingers crossed.

The good news - the new furnace was installed today and Mother Nature was kind with no frigid temps during the time we couldn't use the old one.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 06:19 PM  
sherry7899

Yesterday was a rest day, so I just went for a short walk.

Today:

-Sarahbeth Yoga morning beginner stretching practice

-40 minutes of Body Combat

-15 minute walk

Have a great evening!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 06:56 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thanks for the get well wishes. My SO took me to Urgent Care on Saturday but the wait was 3 hrs and 40 minutes. I wasn't waiting that long. They told me the secret to get an appointment so we went back yesterday. I was in and out in 45 minutes. Yesterday a woman was waiting over 5 hrs to get a doctor's note for her work. There's gotta be a better way.

Beth, your mom might enjoy a Cubii Jr. She can use it almost anywhere. It weighs approximately 25 pounds and has 8 levels of resistance. It can be as easy or hard as she wants.

Sandra, Miss Meow sends hugs and skritches to the boys. She's sleeping today. She loves her man but he won't let her rest. She and he had a 15 minute conversation Saturday morning before I knew he was here. She still likes to meow meow meow meow meow.

cyana, did you get the new furnace today?

I feel a little better so I might try DDR's Seated Tai Chi if I stay awake.

Have a nice evening.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 10:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quick flyby post for me. I did another LWR 7 minute routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6t8...cyWyndham-Read

She said she has 25 years of experience - how is that possible? She looks <40!

Aww, Linda, sorry about the urgent care experience! Our health system is screwed up.
I might mention Cubii to my mom; I just don't want to make her think she has to get it b/c I suggested it.

It was a rainy, windy Moan-day here...here's hoping for tomorrow!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 11:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by again….

Yesterday was a beautiful hike through the forest & up a small “mountain” on Salt Spring, lots of good cardio on the way up. The view of the islands & the ocean from the top was spectacular.

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics TV: Maude’s live today, her baby bump is really starting to show.
~MR Unplugged: 1902 - lots of glute work in this one! I want to work my way through these doing 2 or 3 a week.
~MELT: Hip opener map

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 09:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. Not a very productive Moan Day here, I was tired and achy all day. Fortunately I had the Bernie Clark on tap. It was rather long, but I had a good night's sleep and feel much better today. Bernie sure talks a lot! But I love the guy. Remember, "om" are the middle letters in Mom ... MOM! LOL

Pam that hike sounds glorious.

Beth, I can't remember Lucy's age but I read on her FB group that she's in her 50s, IIRC. Did you know she was in the Army?

Ack, I have to run - I'll try to catch up later.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gluten free