Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My DD's rapid test for COVID and Flu came back negative, so we are waiting on the PCR test and won't hear by Monday. She says she doesn't feel any worse. I mean, it could be just some plain old ordinary virus - you know, the kind, that pre-pandemic you just dealt with!

So far, DH and i feel fine - so that is good.

Today's workouts were a mix of various things:

Lucy Wyndham Read:

Winter Wonderland Workout - this was a new one she did w/ fun scenery.
15 Min Walking Workout at Home - Advent Challenge 2021 Day 1
7 Min Arm Challenge - Advent Challenge 2021 Day 2

Annie Pilates Physical Therapist

Piriformis workout w/ resistance band - this is my go-to lately!

Yoga w/ Bird

30 Day Challenge Day # 2 -15 Min Every Day Yoga for Beginners

wishiwasinhawaii - yes, I'm sure my LDL increase is from slacking on my diet and just not getting enough movement in throughout the day - when I worked in the office, there was just more opportunity for incidental exercise throughout the day. I've had ultrasounds before as well - I hate it! I looked back over my records and the area that my Dr. is concerned about has a cyst - based on the reports from a few years ago. Hopefully that is all it is. I just had a mammo in September, so hopefully this is all nothing to worry about. I'm going on Wed.

Sherry - I have figured out that many of Jessica's strength workouts do bother my back, unfortunately. I still enjoy her cardio, fusion and stretching-yoga-Pilates type stuff. I will have to watch that video and come up with some subs!

Waves, everyone!

Pam - I hope you are ok.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 01:30 PM  
Leonana

No workout today. My left arm is still a little sore, and I want to take it easy anyway.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad to know your booster didn't hurt. I did read online that one person had a reaction 24 hours later. I have five hours until then!

Donna, I find the forward flexing moves with weights bother my back. It helps to do one arm at a time, instead of both. I also make sure I have a neutral spine, and I usually don't bend over as far. I think when Jessica is making a 30 minute weight workout, she's trying to get in as many moves as possible, so she does both arms while bending over. She also moves pretty quick sometimes. But what really makes my lower back sore is yard work, house work and sitting at the computer. I tend to round my back when doing all of those things, and never remember proper form!
Old 12-05-21, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

This morning was:

Jessica Valent 12-12-12 workout - this is a new one for this month. She did 12 min of cardio (which was more or less body weight strength work), 12 min of weights, and 12 min of Pilates - it was a nice combo.

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine - this was a good one to finish out the workou.

I get my booster this afternoon, so I guess I will see how I feel when it comes to working out tomorrow.

My DD was better yesterday, but then started feeling sick during the evening - I think she over did things - typical for someone her age. I guess we'll see how things go. If she does have COVID, it is pretty mild at least right now. But i do wish she would take it easy - it is the only way to recover from illness! But when I was her age, I wouldn't listen either.

Anyway....

With my 2nd Pfizer shot, i think I started to feel it about 8 -12 hours after. Hopefully no reactions to this one. Fingers crossed.

Sherry - those are the same type of moves that bother my back as well! And, I agree, a lot of house/yard chores and sitting do me in as well.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-05-21, 12:05 PM  
Leonana

I spoke too soon. At 20 hours after my booster, I was achey and chilled, but no fever. It lasted about 12 hours, and I feel fine today. On another forum I’m on, there were about four of us with the same symptoms, achey and chilled.

But I guess it’s proof my body is doing what it’s supposed to do. And I didn’t really feel too bad, and never took any Tylenol. I felt much worse when I had that mild case of food poisoning last week. I used it as an excuse to nap on the couch lol.
Old 12-05-21, 03:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello everyone,

I just got back into town late last night. I felt the trip was very productive with my brother and I donating many of mom's things that he wasn't interested in, since he's local.

The viewing was private, and just for my brother and I. We were her only children and she would have wanted it that way. I hadn't seen her since moving her into a senior retirement apartment in Dec. 2018. My brother had been estranged from her for YEARS, but when she was no longer driving she decided to see if my brother was interested in taking or could use her vehicle in 2019. That was such a blessing for their relationship because it rekindled things between mother and son.

God really worked miracles, leading them together in this way! My brother works a lot of hours at his job (and had his own family) but began to take mom to doctor appointment, grocery store, and meals out. Of course much of this was during Covid (when she wasn't allowed to have visitors.) When things began opening up again (and people got vaccinated) they were able to see each other about once a week, when my brother had a day off.

I had a lot to deal with, but my trip was also a bonding experience for my brother and I. We made decisions together, and I was thankful to have his support and help. I looked forward to seeing him each day I was in Arizona. Again (with God working in our lives) my brother had taken a vacation week the week after mom passed, not knowing she would have had a massive stroke before Thanksgiving. One of his employees wanted a certain week off, and my brother had switched dates with him, so this employee could take his young family to Disneyland. Again, God working in our lives, when making my brother available for the same week I flew out to Arizona.

I got very little rest the whole time, up early each day and going over things/memories in my mind during the night. I was exhausted, but God gave me what I could handle and looked after me, as well as my brother. ;-) The 24/7 hour gym I had in the hotel, I could have used to my advantage but my body and mind was too exhausted to attempt it.

So, we need to make plans for a return trip soon to get mom's accounts closed and notify them that she's passed. She was one of most disorganized people I know, so going through her paperwork was a fun task....not. I had to purchase a couple file organizers just so I could get some of her important documents home, bills with account information, bank account statements, etc. Some I carried on the plane (in a big bag) not wanting to trust checking it in my suitcase. But, then she had so much, I got another organizer for the suitcase, anyway and just prayed the airline wouldn't lose my luggage. So I got a workout in just lugging the big carry-on bag around the airport at each stop-over. ;-)

So, I'll be back to working out again shortly. Then in about two weeks, we travel to Arizona again (with both my DH and I having family there.)

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 07:02 PM  
donnamp

Sherry -glad your reaction as pretty mild. I got mine today - so far, so good, but is has only been about 4 hours!

Pam - I'm glad the trip went well and that you and your brother had a chance to re-connect and bond. I know it is sounds trite, but sometimes God does work in mysterious ways.

I guess tomorrow we will get the results of my DD's PCR test. She still has a low grade fever and other symptoms - but she had two rapid tests that came back negative.

I just wish she would REST - like go to bed early, etc.

Hope everyone has a good evening...

Donna
Old 12-06-21, 06:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think today will be a rest day - or maybe just a stretch.

I got my booster yesterday afternoon and while I feel better than I did with my 2nd shot, I'm still quite tired, achey and queasy. My arm hurts more this time, too. But so far it is a more mild reaction than I had with the 2nd shot. In fact, I can probably prop myself up at my desk and work today - whereas with the 2nd one, I couldn't.

We're still waiting to hear the results of DD's PCR test. She still has a low grade fever, fatigues, aches, a little sore throat, etc. The crazy thing is she called in sick to her grocery store job yesterday and they gave her a hard time - I mean, what world are we living in where they want sick employees to come in?? She even told her boss that she is waiting on COVID test results. I'm pretty sure the grocery store is where she picked this up anyway - she wears a mask at work but not all of the employees or customers do. Anyway, I guess we'll find out more!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-06-21, 12:53 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I'm halfway through week 4 of L&S. Last time I did this, I didn't make it past week 4, but I have more time on my hands now so I should be able to finish the entire rotation.

Donna, Hope your DD doesn't have COVID. I can't believe the grocery store gave her a hard time. What is wrong with them?? They're probably short-staffed so maybe that's why, but that's not a good reason with everything that's going on. Around here, employees in stores have to wear masks (at most places) but not all customers do.

Sherry, Glad to hear your reaction wasn't too bad. I think a reaction is normal and just means that it's working. My reaction to the booster was very mild.

Pam, It's wonderful you were able to reconnect with your brother and that he had a good relationship with your mom in her later years.

Waves to Liz!
Old 12-06-21, 01:27 PM  
Leonana

Today I did Senior Shape's workout she posted this morning, Walking & Dance Workout // Fun Follow Along Christmas Cardio. It was fun, with Christmas music and she's wearing a Christmas hat. A little dancey, but not too difficult. She had five minutes of light weights at the end. Only 21 minutes, so good for a light day.

Pam, I'm glad the trip was productive and you and your brother were able to connect. That was a real blessing your mother and brother reconnected. It's a good time of year to come visit here, the weather has cooled off.

Donna, I'm glad your reaction wasn't too bad. That stinks they gave your dd a hard time. I know it is harder now to keep employees, but still no excuse.

wishiwasinhawaii, good job at making it to week 4. I've enjoyed the Calm and Strong schedule, it seems to be one push workout, one moderate, and one light, alternating with fusion, yoga and stretching. My back liked it, so I'm thinking of doing my own version. I think I might do a L&S strength workout for my push workout.
Old 12-07-21, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Well - yesterday turned into a complete bust - I felt worse and worse as the day went on and spent pretty much the entire day in bed. I finally made it to the couch in the evening. For me the booster was just about as bad (if not worse) than the 2nd shot. I got Pfizer. But today I'm feeling better - although still a little tired.

My DD's PCR test came back negative, but she still has something going on.

Anyway, today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Might Mat Pilates - I figured I could do a workout that was all on the floor!

Sherry - I like the Calm & Strong rotation!!

wishiwasinhawaii - I think it is great that you have made it so far on L&S.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy