Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-06-21, 06:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think today will be a rest day - or maybe just a stretch.

I got my booster yesterday afternoon and while I feel better than I did with my 2nd shot, I'm still quite tired, achey and queasy. My arm hurts more this time, too. But so far it is a more mild reaction than I had with the 2nd shot. In fact, I can probably prop myself up at my desk and work today - whereas with the 2nd one, I couldn't.

We're still waiting to hear the results of DD's PCR test. She still has a low grade fever, fatigues, aches, a little sore throat, etc. The crazy thing is she called in sick to her grocery store job yesterday and they gave her a hard time - I mean, what world are we living in where they want sick employees to come in?? She even told her boss that she is waiting on COVID test results. I'm pretty sure the grocery store is where she picked this up anyway - she wears a mask at work but not all of the employees or customers do. Anyway, I guess we'll find out more!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Carol - for what it is worth - I think Jessica's strength workouts are not the great for us - she does a lot of forward leaning and sometimes her pace is too quick - I still enjoy her cardio and fusion stuff but I do find that my back does not like a good number of her strength workouts. I think I need more straightforward "boring" weight workouts, if you know what i mean, LOL! I also think it is just best to do what you enjoy and what keeps you from being injured and feeling good. That is terrible about your nurses' son - I hope he is ok. I'm sort of on pins and needles with my DD - she definitely isn't too bad off. I guess even if she has COVID she was vaccinated, so maybe that will lessen the severity of it.

Dana - did you subscribe to Mira? I decided not to - I have Jessica Valent for another 6 months or so and I didn't really do any of Mira's You Tube stuff yet, so I figured I'd wait, even though it is a good deal!

I hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 06:58 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Adita 11/26/21 - 30 minutes;
This was a fairly vigorous cardio routine, but pretty repetitive with music that was too soft. It did get my heart rate up though and made my Fitbit happy. 23 or so "active minutes".

Trifecta Pilates - Supple Spine Pilates Flow - 15 minutes
Nothing special about this workout, just a lot of movement for the spine in all directions.

I was listening to Mira's introductory videos (Flow with Mira) and she recommended working only to about 70% of your maximum effort most days. She commented that if you push, push, push you will end up being inconsistent or hurting yourself. Sadly, I think she is right, at least for me.

Donna - Hoping DD's PCR test came back negative and that by now she is feeling much better, along with you. My booster made me tired and I spent most of the day on the couch and had a sore arm, but that was it. You are right - it's a crazy world when employers want employees to come in sick, but that's the world we are living in these days. We saw that out here when CoVid was racing through the Tyson and Swift packing plants back in May of 2020 - which was why we had 700+ cases reported in one day of that month. These days our hospitalization rate is back on the climb - over 19% - and we have limited hospital beds again after things subsiding in November from our August/September wave. Everyone here has CoVid fatigue, and honestly I do too (but at least I am vaccinated). Our vaccination rate for fully vaccinated folks is still only at around 40% - very, very sad. Our deaths continue to climb - but why would they not - this is a very Trumpish area.

Dana - I think I'm going to start with Mira's Pre-Pilates program. I know I will find it slow at first, but I can add on something else if I want to. I think it will be helpful to hear her instruction.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Well - yesterday turned into a complete bust - I felt worse and worse as the day went on and spent pretty much the entire day in bed. I finally made it to the couch in the evening. For me the booster was just about as bad (if not worse) than the 2nd shot. I got Pfizer. But today I'm feeling better - although still a little tired.

My DD's PCR test came back negative, but she still has something going on.

Anyway, today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Might Mat Pilates - I figured I could do a workout that was all on the floor!

Carol - I agree with Mira!! I also have a bit of COVID-fatigue, I'm glad the booster shot is behind me, although I am guessing this is going to be a regular thing for us.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 08:37 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Kickboxing 2 - 45min
Mira's Spine Mobility - 13min

I really enjoyed Mira's Spine Mobility routine. Short, to the point and my spine felt great! I think I'm going to enjoy Mira's subscription. Her instructions are impeccable and I want to add more pilates to my workouts.

Donna, I hope you're feeling OK after your booster and that your daughter's test came back negative.

Carol, I haven't watched Mira's introductory video yet. That's on my agenda for today. I did the spine mobility video this morning because I felt I needed it. I may add one of her stretching videos later today. Maybe something for hip stretching.

So, after weeks of thorough research into WW's new program and their app and how it works, I've signed up for it yesterday. They're running some type of special where the 6-month subscription will end up costing me around $60 and that's cheap enough for me. I'll ease my way into the program in December and should be completely comfortable with it when January comes around. Watching all these youtube videos about WW Personal Points really helped. Neither tracking nor the app is hard to use. Yesterday was my first full day and it went quite well. I'm seeing my Dr. again at the end of December and hope to drop couple of pounds by then and have a better control over my BP.

I have to run to the office today, and I'll check back later. Waves to All!
Old 12-07-21, 08:45 AM  
buffmama

Hello pilates lovers. I'm visiting to ask a question. I too am/was looking at Mira's new subscription. I like to do about 20 min a day of pilates. Are most of the workouts longer? Would it be worth it for me to subscribe? TIA.
Old 12-07-21, 12:20 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Hello pilates lovers. I'm visiting to ask a question. I too am/was looking at Mira's new subscription. I like to do about 20 min a day of pilates. Are most of the workouts longer? Would it be worth it for me to subscribe? TIA.
Hi buffmama! Short answer since I'm at work and just taking a break.

Mira's subscription site essentially became "live" yesterday and is still work in progress. However, under "short classes" 20 min or less, she currently has 3 sections:

Pre-pilates with 10 classes
Short beginners with 20 classes
Short intermediate with 6 classes

I haven't had a chance to fully explore her site yet, but what I've seen so far - I like! Good luck with your decision.
Old 12-07-21, 03:13 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Hi buffmama! Short answer since I'm at work and just taking a break.

Mira's subscription site essentially became "live" yesterday and is still work in progress. However, under "short classes" 20 min or less, she currently has 3 sections:

Pre-pilates with 10 classes
Short beginners with 20 classes
Short intermediate with 6 classes

I haven't had a chance to fully explore her site yet, but what I've seen so far - I like! Good luck with your decision.
Thanks for the info Usia! That's what I expected since her classes are longer - but they are good! I will keep enjoying her youtube content. Happy holidays.
Old 12-07-21, 08:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Smith - YouTube - Walk 'n Talk - Motivation - 18 minutes;
This was Jessica's new YouTube release for today. I cried right along with her when she was talking about missing Peanut.

Senior Shape - Strength with Weights - 33 minutes
This was a nice full body strength workout (with dumbbells, obviously). Lauren used 5 lbs and I started with 5's as well, but quickly realized that I needed to drop to 3's. Contained some new to me exercises that were challenging.

Buffmama, Trifecta Pilates has quite a few workouts that are twenty minutes or less - 52 different workouts that are around 20 minutes; about 79 that are around 15 minutes and so forth.

Donna - So sorry that the booster whipped you! It really was much better for me than the second shot. Funny how different we all are. And yes, I do think that annual CoVid shots are in our future.

Dana - Good to hear that you enjoyed Mira's workout. Good luck with the new WW plan!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 08:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hello again!

I'm going to start Mira's program with 14-Day Begginer Journey. It looks really good and is very doable. My back still feels fantastic after her spine mobility 12m workout I did this morning. So far so good!
Old 12-07-21, 09:12 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Donna - So sorry that the booster whipped you! It really was much better for me than the second shot. Funny how different we all are.
Indeed we're all different! I had no reaction whatsoever to any of the three Covid shots I've received. But then I never got any reaction after the flu, pneumonia or any other shots I ever received, except for the smallpox vaccine I got when I was a teen. That one almost killed me. In January I think I need to get (reluctantly!) my 1st shingrix vaccine. I am seriously worried about this one but I've already had a mild (for some!) case of shingles couple of years ago and I don't want the repeat. So, I guess I will get it. Ugh.