Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-21, 06:33 PM  
gracetj10

I was a member here years ago, and drifted away. Now I really need a like-minded community to get back in the swing. About 2 years ago I tried to log in and start that "community process", but couldn't remember my password. I submitted a help request and did not receive a response. I started a new account. I was never allowed to post. I could log in, but not post.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, same thing. This time I started another account and could log in but could not post. I then paid the support fee for membership (I always did that in the past, too) and boom, now I'm allowed to post. This is my first post. Some of my other vidiot friends have told me they can't get back in here, they don't remember their passwords, and they never got help so they moved on.

So I'm guessing now if you don't know your password, it's pay to play. I'm fine with that--I always supported Wendy. I cannot imagine the time it takes to run this community, so I get it.

Going back into lurkdom now--and thank you to those who post here because it inspires me to get myself together and rekindle my fitness journey.
gracetj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 08:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i'm sorry this happened to you. i've never been locked out, but is there a way to request for a password reset - or was that what you tried and never got a reply?

i'm an exchange moderator with authority in the exchange forum and have no privileges in the access department.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 02:55 AM  
gracetj10

Thank you. Yes, I requested a password reset more than once and never received a response. I also have a couple of friends who forgot their password, requested a reset, and never got a response.

I'm happy now and don't wish to contact anyone about this. Just sharing my experience and adding to this thread.
gracetj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 12:10 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Welcome back gracetj10. It's too bad you went through these hoops but I'm glad you didn't give up. We hope you will join in more discussions.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 12:42 PM  
SamS

Oh, I was wondering whether I did something wrong because every time I tried to post it said my privileges were disabled by an administrator. Yes, it lets me now that I have subscribed.
SamS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 12:56 PM  
Vantreesta

I still don't understand this since there are many of us who post regularly and aren't subscribers/supporters. Very strange.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 11:12 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I still don't understand this since there are many of us who post regularly and aren't subscribers/supporters. Very strange.
This. I'm not against subscribing but the experiences of paid subscribers has me worried that you're somehow being disadvantaged when your sub runs out, when I should think you could just drop down to the same privileges non-subscribing users have.
Old 12-06-21, 11:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
This. I'm not against subscribing but the experiences of paid subscribers has me worried that you're somehow being disadvantaged when your sub runs out, when I should think you could just drop down to the same privileges non-subscribing users have.
Exactly.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-22, 05:50 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

One year later

It happened again. I couldn't reply to a post until I renewed my subscription. I wonder why it happens to only a few of us but not most members.

Again - just FYI in case someone is wondering why they can't post all of a sudden.
Old 11-26-22, 04:32 PM  
Tea Tyme

Smile Newbie!

Thank you for this thread!

I didn’t realize payment was needed to activate my account. I have been a ‘member’ since 2018; a lurker for many years prior to that. I have never been able to post as my account was always ‘waiting for admin’ or something. When I saw this post, I decided to pay for a years subscription to see if this would do the trick and yes! This is my second post EVER!
Tea Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum issues, old thread alert, vf site issues, vf supporter