Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-17-21, 07:43 AM  
CabCalloway

Didn't have much chance to do a normal routine so I used the massive stairwell outide my office which is 33 steps per floor and did 18 floors during lunch. I hope to do better today.

Waves -
CabC
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 11:01 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm finally starting to be able to breathe normally for almost the whole work day. Tomorrow is the day we get to have needy families come pick up Thanksgiving meals. Katie and the girls are flying to Salt Lake tomorrow; I go pick them up Saturday. I may try to do some walking next week while school is out.
Cab, doing steps is awesome!
AnMrsDe, I'm so glad you can see your dad. We have had more staff out than kids this year.
T2B, thanks for the healing vibes.
Elsie, I finally went to the dr who treated my son's asthma when he was little.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 06:41 AM  
Elsie

Hi everyone & hope here at mid-month everything is going as well as it can be with your activities and life.
Chrys, I'm so glad to hear that you're seeing improvements & hoping that everything keeps going in this direction. Seeing that you're taking care of your physical fitness should nudge it there.
CabC, Way to go on using what you have!!! 18 floors! Holy moly! When I was doing stair-climbing workouts (I used the courthouse steps at night, lol), I remember my calves looked great! Lol. It's also very good for increasing 'power' don't you find?
Carol, I finally got around to trying Silver & fit after having it in my 'Watch later' list for ages. Yes, quality routines and they have two of my fave instructors from FitnessGlo (now defunct). I really like that intermediate is intermediate. Which isn't always the case for youtube.
AMDe & Tammie, hope your parents are doing okay.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 11:06 AM  
AnMrsDe

Cab, awesome job on the stairs!

Thanks, Chrys & Elsie! Nice to hear you're feeling better, Chrys, and you'll get to spend time with your family.

How is everyone doing?? Are ya 'll ready for Thanksgiving next week?
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 08:27 AM  
Elsie

Hey & way to go to everybody again on your workouts, steps, chores .... ALL of it! it all counts!
Here's to a wonderful (USA) Thanksgiving!
AMDe, music being too loud is consistently a deal-breaker for me with workouts, even from my fave instructors. I don't enjoy straining to understand, which is especially important to mobility routines I think. That's cr*ppy that there wasn't much 'freshness' to the LIVE as well.
T2B, all the best with starting Wk 3 of your very tough rotation! Wooohoo!!

Hope everyone is feeling well. Are you there Jane? Busy I suppose.

ETA - I'm finding with this time having Cathe On-Demand that of her primarily cardio DvDs that I don't have, I don't want either. This is a good$ thing! I cannot do horizontal/plank-like cardio due to scoliosis and neck issues and it seems all of her low-impact routines involve more than I expected. Kick Punch Crunch is awesome though ..would like that one and most of her lifting programs I am finding very useful too. It's too bad ordering them from Canada now is too costly.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 10:57 AM  
T2B

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope you all have a great day with family, friends, and pets!!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 01:38 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Hope everyone has a delicious holiday and someone else is doing the dishes!!

I’ve taken a week or so off. I’ve been feeling a bit burnt out in general and working out just feels like another “have to”. I’ll be back to it in December!!!

Waves to everyone!!

Jane’s
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 09:55 PM  
Tammie M

I hope everyone is having a very Happy Thanksgiving! My 88 year old father-in-law wanted to host Thanksgiving this year. He ordered barbecue from a local restaurant. He ordered 3 meats and thought he ordered for a total of 10 people. We think he ordered each meat to serve 10 people . We had lots of food. We froze the leftovers in individual bags for him so he doesn't have to worry about meals when he is alone in the coming months. And other family members were still able to take barbecue home for later. We enjoyed our family time.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 10:58 AM  
AnMrsDe

Tammie, sounds like you had a great feast without needing to do much cooking! Kudos to your FIL for wanting to attempt that, wow!!

Jane, glad you're ok; been thinking about you! I should take a recovery week off too....I'm a little bored right now with my current rotation also! But this time of year is not so great for me to not get my workouts in with all the goodies around!! How is Wesley? Bet yesterday was fun with him around!!

Elsie, Have fun with Cathe Live!! I saw your Q in the GD but I don't do her step workouts so no help here. Hope you can find some to your liking with no audio issues!! I need to pull out KPC again...it's such a classic!! ETA, sorry, I misread your question and you’re wanting easier cardio that’s NOT step! I will have to look in my notebook for those over the weekend…

T2B, well we FINALLY saw the new James Bond movie last night. We wanted to do something together, but we just rented it. Boo. I was glad I was comfy on my couch, with my iPad and able to walk around! Talk about a lonnnngggggg movie! And SO NOT the best Bond flick!!!!! Ugh, totally disappointed...we all were. What did you think? Did you comment on it - I can't remember how you liked it?

Off to start putting up my Christmas stuff....DH got the lights up outside yesterday...now for the inside....

Enjoy Black Friday....is anyone taking advantage of any good deals??
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-21, 08:48 PM  
T2B

AMD - no BF shopping for me. I thought the new Bond film was just ok but I enjoyed it for it being Daniel Craig’s last hurrah as Bond. I didn’t like the villain and the plot was weak. Lol.. I have to say I haven’t liked any movies that Rami Malek has been in recently. He was in a movie with Denzel Washington last year and they were both terrible, lol. I didn’t read any spoilers so was really surprised at the way NTTD ended. It was all over the place for sure. The last movie I saw at the theatre was Eternals and it’s a slow burn. And way too long. BTW, how is your dad doing?

Tammie - glad you had a great time with your FIL and family. He sounds like a sweet man.

Chrys - I bet it was nice having everyone together. I hope you’re continuing to get better.

Jane & AsSweet - Hi!

Elsie - You’ve been doing great with your workouts as well. I’m really enjoying STS/LIS. Since the time change earlier this month my eyes have been popping open at 4:45 am without fail (no alarm needed) and I have way too much energy. Lol. Downside is some nights I’m in bed by 7:30 pm.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts