Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-21, 08:07 PM  
suzanne63
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Some people are saying it will be an all weights series. I would love that But not heavy weights. I have an old left shoulder injury and I just can't do heavy weights on that shoulder any more. I do still want this weight series and very excited to get it. I just won't be able to lift too heavy. I hope I find out soon what the series will be. I always get her new workout series every year as a birthday present to myself
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 08:36 PM  
Trixoo
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne63 View Post
Some people are saying it will be an all weights series. I would love that But not heavy weights. I have an old left shoulder injury and I just can't do heavy weights on that shoulder any more. I do still want this weight series and very excited to get it. I just won't be able to lift too heavy. I hope I find out soon what the series will be. I always get her new workout series every year as a birthday present to myself
Maybe you could still lift heavy on the right side? I have arm issues sometimes (various forms of tendinitis) and what Iíve learned to do is to stay heavy on the uninjured arm and lift lighter (or even no weight) on the injured side. I figure that way I keep my strength on at least one side and Iíve found that when my injury resolves itself, itís easier for me to regain strength on the weaker side, slowly brining the weight back to what I can lift on the uninjured side. Okay, it probably isnít actually easier, but maybe it feels easier because Iím only working to bring one arm back online versus having lost strength in both.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 08:44 PM  
suzanne63
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
Maybe you could still lift heavy on the right side? I have arm issues sometimes (various forms of tendinitis) and what I’ve learned to do is to stay heavy on the uninjured arm and lift lighter (or even no weight) on the injured side. I figure that way I keep my strength on at least one side and I’ve found that when my injury resolves itself, it’s easier for me to regain strength on the weaker side, slowly brining the weight back to what I can lift on the uninjured side. Okay, it probably isn’t actually easier, but maybe it feels easier because I’m only working to bring one arm back online versus having lost strength in both.
Thank You I do keep hurting my old shoulder injury if I lift too heavy. Sadly I might have to pass on these if it's all heavy weights and I love Cathe.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 10:44 PM  
bubbles76
VF Supporter
 
bubbles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne63 View Post
Thank You I do keep hurting my old shoulder injury if I lift too heavy. Sadly I might have to pass on these if it's all heavy weights and I love Cathe.
Just lift heavy for you. I know for sure I don't match Cathe, and for the longest my lateral raises didn't go over five pounds each (I suspect I have a rotator cuff injury from the military). Cathe definitely goes over that, but I don't let it get to me.
__________________
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-21, 10:57 PM  
rhbrand
VF Supporter
 
rhbrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Iowa
Just saw someone post on one of the Cathe Facebook groups I belong to.

Sounds like its going to be sort of an STS2, but much shorter. More like a cross between STS and XTrain.
Strength with recovery and mobility work. 12 workouts broken into 3 sets of 4 with less endurance and more work like meso 2 and 3.

I'm excited! I can't wait to get more info and get this pre-ordered!
__________________
Check out my Blog Link in Profile on Home Page
rhbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 02:15 AM  
Elsie
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Just saw someone post on one of the Cathe Facebook groups I belong to.

Sounds like its going to be sort of an STS2, but much shorter. More like a cross between STS and XTrain.
Strength with recovery and mobility work. 12 workouts broken into 3 sets of 4 with less endurance and more work like meso 2 and 3.

I'm excited! I can't wait to get more info and get this pre-ordered!
That sounds great!! What so many have longed for!
I hope not too much shorter. When the weights routines start being under 45 mins, I find then Cathe rips through the sets too fast. At least that's mostly been the case to me. I LOVE the back off sets method/pacing from STS. Although I really like (new to me) RWH lifting program, I find its still relatively too speedy.

Thank you facebookers (is that a thing, lol) for sharing what you all have been seeing.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 06:17 AM  
ellaenchanted
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Just saw someone post on one of the Cathe Facebook groups I belong to.

Sounds like its going to be sort of an STS2, but much shorter. More like a cross between STS and XTrain.
Strength with recovery and mobility work. 12 workouts broken into 3 sets of 4 with less endurance and more work like meso 2 and 3.

I'm excited! I can't wait to get more info and get this pre-ordered!
That sounds great! I would love to see a Cathe version of CLX's Push phase; heavier weights and slower counts.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 07:39 AM  
pharma_gal
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Excited for any new Cathe series. But this sounds like a big project so most likely we wonít see these until summer next year or spring at the earliest. I hope that are ready to film.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 08:10 AM  
suzanne63
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Just lift heavy for you. I know for sure I don't match Cathe, and for the longest my lateral raises didn't go over five pounds each (I suspect I have a rotator cuff injury from the military). Cathe definitely goes over that, but I don't let it get to me.
Hi Yes that sounds good bubbles. I will just lift heavy for me. I am still going to get these. It sounds awesome and I love Cathy
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 10:17 AM  
bubbles76
VF Supporter
 
bubbles76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne63 View Post
Hi Yes that sounds good bubbles. I will just lift heavy for me. I am still going to get these. It sounds awesome and I love Cathy
Our poor shoulders can be pain pals lol!
__________________
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, usps, workout wishes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness