Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-20, 11:50 AM  
Libby

I'm a Linda Wooldridge Fan

I know I mentioned Linda recently on here but just wanted to say how much I love her workouts! I've worked with Cathe, Chalene, Karen V. and many others for years and consider myself high intermediate to advanced. But Linda's workouts make me sweat hard and get beet red in the face. I love them! So challenging and creative. Not sure why the sound quality isn't so good.

Why does she post them on YouTube for free? I just discovered that after ordering her DVDS. How does she make money giving them away on YouTube? I'm glad she does though and will look for more of her workouts on there.

Just did Fusion Flow Dynamic and Band workouts and I'm in my 60's and was able to get through them but I was huffing and puffing.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 12:24 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I'm not all that knowledgeable about youtube but I'm pretty sure people do make money from youtube ads. The more views their videos receive, the more they make.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 12:28 PM  
prettyinpink

Yes they make money when they have a certain number of subscribers, from ads.

Sometimes instructors are described as being generous by posting youtube content, but for some it is a decent income stream in itself, since a lot of people will not pay for DVDs, downloads, or streaming. Ive always wondered how much they actually do get, though.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 12:36 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Yes they make money when they have a certain number of subscribers, from ads.

Sometimes instructors are described as being generous by posting youtube content, but for some it is a decent income stream in itself, since a lot of people will not pay for DVDs, downloads, or streaming. Ive always wondered how much they actually do get, though.
I don't know about fitness instructors, but there are some beauty youtubers who have made millions of dollars from doing youtube videos. They have millions of followers and I'm sure they get money from various cosmetic companies too.

I'm sure the fitness videos don't generate that kind of income but it's probably more lucrative than we realize.
Old 05-16-20, 01:12 PM  
Leonana

You can get an idea of what they make by checking their channel name on Social Blade. It shows a range of what they could be possibly earning, from lowest amount to highest. I've heard some people say it's more likely they earn the rate in the middle.

Linda's earnings are $67-$1,100 per month, and $808-$12,900 per year. Jessica Smith has more subscribers, her rates are $322-$5,100 and $3,900-$61,800.
Old 05-16-20, 02:33 PM  
wlorrie

I remember on one of her coffee talks, she said that she makes a little money form youtube (number of subscribers plus adds). The bulk of her incomes is from DVD and download sales. She has a lot of free content on Youtube, but she still has a lot of videos that are dvd or download only.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 02:46 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
You can get an idea of what they make by checking their channel name on Social Blade. It shows a range of what they could be possibly earning, from lowest amount to highest. I've heard some people say it's more likely they earn the rate in the middle.

Linda's earnings are $67-$1,100 per month, and $808-$12,900 per year. Jessica Smith has more subscribers, her rates are $322-$5,100 and $3,900-$61,800.
Interesting!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 07:15 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I love Linda too!! Over the last couple of years I’ve moved away from weighted workouts and my body has really liked it. My core is stronger and during this stay at home, I’ve had my husband working out with me. I had gone back to a Cathe workouts and I really enjoy doing them but I find they leave me feeling stiff. I was able to lift just as heavy as I used to but I just wasn’t feeling it. I love that Linda’s workouts leave me feeling limber and I feel just as strong. I especially love her Endurance workouts!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 08:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I think I asked this question awhile back in another thread but since she has so many more dvds now I'll ask again. I like total body workouts over separate body part workouts and she seems to have more parts dvds. Also she spends wayyyy too much time for my tastes on each body part.

Can anyone recommend any of her dvds that are total body and don't spend so long on each body part? TIA
Old 05-17-20, 02:28 PM  
Tammie M

Libby, I've become a Linda fan also. I tried her first workouts years ago and was lukewarm with them. But I have rediscovered her workouts the last couple of years and l love them. I don't stream because I have satellite internet and I have a large dvd collection. So I use her compilation dvds. She gives you a lot of content on these. I usually buy them during her BOGO sales or one of Mary's sales. I like both the total body and her split ones. I like to combine the split ones with a short cardio, yoga, or CS dvd. Her workouts are very creative with a lot of variety. I find her functional ones very challenging.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge, youtube instructors