Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-18, 06:16 PM  
savvychica4

Hi Ladies -

KathyG---CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! *happy dance* It's so exciting hitting Day 80!!! Such a great accomplishment. It was hard for me not to get a little teary eyed when Autumn started crying at the end. She really poured her heart and soul into this program (as did the cast). Fingers crossed she does a follow up to this program one day...but I'm with you, let's hope Cardio Flow changes!!! HAHAHA! Congrats again! Are you diving into Lift4 next? I think you mentioned wanting to get the early access. I'm still patiently waiting for Ocotber ( I think, lol).

KateTT-If you are looking for a good HR monitor I highly recommend getting one from Polar. I feel like they are built to last. They have some that have a watch that come with them or you can buy a blue tooth one like the one I just got and hook it up to your phone via their app since you don't have a smart watch. Wahoo also sells a blue tooth tracker. My husband bought me one of them a few years ago but it kicked the bucket after a year and the company offered no assistance. I tried replacing the battery but the unit itself was dead/broken.

I am continuing with my Cathe Fit Splits rotation again this week. Still loving the ~50/50 split between cardio and weights in each workout. There are only 4 dvd's in that series and I usually workout 6 so I'm peppering in Cathe Live workouts and trying to space things so that I'm not working the same muscle groups two days in a row. Next week I may try to change things up. This workout layout is making want to do a week of Cathe's 4-Day Split which has a similar cardio/weights breakdown. The only thing I don't like is that some of those workouts clock in over an hour which would be tight to squeeze in on work mornings. If not 4-Day Split, I may do a week of Ripped with Hiit. After over 6 mo's of 80DO, I'm really enjoying revisiting Cathe workouts and just keeping the rotation flexible.
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 07:16 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Savvychica4 - It feels great to be done! I mainly felt relief but it was bittersweet for it to end. Autumn did pour her whole heart into this program and really showed a lot of her "true" self along the way. No editing or scripting and she struggled right along side everyone! I hope they do come out with a follow up program! Love the Cathe FitSplit set too! The leg workout gives a great burn for a "shorter" leg workout! Yep, I'm going to start LIIFT4 on 7/30. I bit the bullet and ordered the early access.

So here are my measurement changes for 80DO Phase 3:

Weight: (+2.0 lbs.)
Chest: (-.5")
Waist: (-.0")
Hips: (+.5")
Thighs: (-.5")
Calves: (-.0)
Biceps: (-.0)

Total inches lost = .5"
Total weight gained = 2 lbs.

Total overall for 80 Days:

Weight: (- 1.6 lbs.)
Chest: (-2.5")
Waist: (-1.5")
Hips: (-1.5")
Thighs: (-2.0")
Calves: (-.5)
Biceps: (-2.5)

Total inches lost = 10.5"
Total weight lost = 1.6 lbs.

My thoughts on the program are:
1) It's total body even though it mainly targets the glutes and core.
2) The program didn't seem repetitive even though you were doing the same exercises for an entire phase.
3) Loved the interaction of the backgrounders with Autumn and each other.
4) The workouts were sometimes long but it was nice having a shorter cardio day(s).
5) Maybe I should have given Cardio Flow more of a chance to grow on me. My results might have been better.
6) I think my body responds better to heavy weights. I felt "firmer" and "smaller" after phases 1 and 2. I had been doing a lot of metabolic workouts like phase 3 prior to 80DO.
7) The "D" word really is 90% of the success of any program. When I do this program again, I'll try to follow the eating plan instead of "winging" it like I did this round. I didn't really lose any weight but my clothes fit better and I feel better too so that's a win!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-18, 02:12 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Savvychica4: thanks for the HR recommendation. There are SO many on the market. I just want something simple to read my HR and calories burned. Anything else is gravy. I'm really glad you're still checking in. This has become a fun thread!

Kathy!!!!!!! That seemed to come up so fast! Well done girl! Your measurements were certainly more telling than the weight. But yes, with better diet we may all do better. I know I struggle.
Will you keep posting about LIFT4?

Me:
Yesterday I got up a little earlier than usual so did two longer workouts. Wow, I felt it!
Phase 2 Day 39 Booty was wicked. Bummer though - I got my new heavy loops later yesterday afternoon - but now I'll have them going forward.
Added on Tony Horton's One on One Volume 3, Disk 2: ARX2. Just felt like some extra core work. Ow.

Today I skipped Phase 2 Day 40 Cardio Core because, well - a little burnout on that one and my abs were sore from yesterday. So I did a new to me Power Music Group Rx Sport #1. So much fun! Total body cardio, toning, balance. Kind of hard to explain, but here's a clip. http://www.powermusic.com/choreograp...ort-vol-1.html

Still doing Yoga over lunch this week, various practices mostly from Eoin Finn.

Tomorrow, more TBC! That gets harder every time I think!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-18, 02:32 PM  
savvychica4

Hi Ladies! Happy Sunday!

KateTT - I agree! I love that this thread has become our little check-in group. Have you had a chance to use your new loops yet? I didn't see that set when I was looking for stronger loops so I put them on my amazon wishlist to "bookmark" them in case I want to get a set down the road.

Kathy-Loved your overall recap of the 80DO program and couldn't agree more with your assessment. Each of your points hit the nail on the head. Like you, I would one day like to revisit this program and follow the "D" instead of winging it. The timed nutrition thing is what scared me off from following it. On weekdays I already get up super early to workout and couldn't imagine waking up even earlier to eat beforehand, but plenty of people were able to make it work so I suppose I could as well. LOL. I hope you'll keep us up to date on how Lift4 goes when you start it tomorrow. I can't wait to try that program in the fall.

I finished up another week of Fit Splits and am still loving it. I feel like my body is responding nicely to the additional cardio and while I don't like to weigh myself I do feel like my I'm leaning out some based on how my clothes are fitting. I really do like the weight work in this program as well. She keeps most of the rep counts at 8-10 per round (depending on the exercise) which is right where I like it. I think this is a good program to follow up 80DO with because of that! Right now I'm toying with the idea of doing another round of 80DO in January after the holidays and then following it up immediately with a round of Fit Splits. I think that combination would be a great "get ready for summer" plan.

I was originally thinking of doing a week of Ripped with Hiit or 4DaySplit, but I think I'm going to stick with Fit Splits for another couple of weeks. I'm just enjoying it too much at the moment. Today should have been Low Impact Cardio/Metabolic Conditioning, but my husband and I were out of town all yesterday visiting family and didn't get home last night until super late (3am super late). I woke up this morning feeling very tired and sluggish to say the least. I almost wasn't going to workout, but finally talked myself into doing something because even when I'm tired like that I always do feel better after I work out. I definitely wasn't up for a full hour workout though so I compromised with myself and did Thursday's Cathe Live which was Cardio Fusion. It was 40 minutes of mixed cardio (hi/lo, kickboxing, and a couple of hiits). It was a good workout, but wasn't all out exhausting -- which was perfect for today! And just like I suspected I feel so much better for having done something active today.

Hope you ladies are all having a great weekend! Hope everyone has a great start to the new week tomorrow.
Old 07-30-18, 11:23 AM  
savvychica4

Saw this today and thought of you ladies! Look what they ranked at #1!

https://www.today.com/health/how-los...ng-gym-t134347
Old 07-30-18, 11:24 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Miss Chica: I am going to use my new loops tomorrow with AAA. Starting fresh this week with the new loops. That and I skipped Day 41 TBC just because I wasn't feeling it for Autumn last Fri. ;-)
I'll sure let you know!

Kathy: I hope you'll still post here. I guess we can always change the name to something else.

Today was Phase 2 Day 42 Legs. I love the 10 reps. I went heavier than before but still have room to grow. I like seeing Autumn go heavy! She's such a tiny little thing but she was sure hoisting that 55lb dumbell for her sumo squats!
I think the thing I like best about Phase 2 Legs is the mix between weighted work and slider work. Burns! I really like this one!

I added on Tony Horton's One on One Killer Abs to give me a little longer workout. Tony yawns a lot in this workout but it isn't easy. Pretty basic ab work but almost non stop.

I find that subbing the occasional 80DO workout is good for keeping me from getting 'bored' but I am also trying to stick with the schedule as much as possible. Plus I really do like the series! But some days I just can't bring it, as they say. They have definitely gotten challenging enough now so definitely not a waste of time.

Have a wonderful week!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 07-30-18, 11:27 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychica4 View Post
Saw this today and thought of you ladies! Look what they ranked at #1!

https://www.today.com/health/how-los...ng-gym-t134347
Cool! I love the publicity this is getting!

Old 07-30-18, 01:10 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Kate - You're doing great! I'm impressed that you can add on to the Phase 2 workouts! Yeah, it was funny to see tiny Autumn with that big dumbbell that was half her weight, lol! I may stay in phase 2 a little longer the next time I do 80DO.

Savvychica4 - That's awesome about the 80DO topping the list! There was a lot of planning that went into this program and it's nice that she was recognized for it! You are tempting me to throw in some FitSplit workouts now!

The Cathe Roadtrip was GREAT! I LOVE doing live workouts with Cathe, she has such a wonderful presence and an upbeat energy. She works you hard but you keep smiling, lol! The Cathe Live that they filmed during the RT on Saturday was fun! The camera guy's shoelace was untied and she took a second to tie it for him. We were all laughing and having such a great time. I enjoyed 80DO but Cathe is still my girl!

I started LIIFT 4 this morning. The workouts are short (nice change from 80DO) but I may add more after if I have extra time.

ETA: Not sure how to change thread title to add LIIFT4?

Week 1 - Workout #1 - Chest / Triceps Lift 50/50 - 39 Minutes

The format is weights for 50% and HIIT & Abs for 50%. The weight portion was alternating a chest exercise with a tricep exercise for 10 reps/three sets. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as you can for 10 reps.

Weights:
Series 1:
Chest Press – 10 reps
Skull Crusher – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Chest Fly – 10 reps
Close Grip Tricep Press – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 3:
Rotating Chest Press – 10 reps
Tricep Pushups – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

HIIT:
Soccer Ball Kicks (60 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
Mountain Climbers (45 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
Catcher Squat/Jump Back (Squat, jump back, jump back into squat, hold, repeat – 30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs:
Rope Climb with legs straight in air (or modified with bent knees – 30 seconds)
Side to side knee drops (On back, bend knees, arms out to side, lower knees to 45 degrees – 30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 07-30-18, 09:51 PM  
Loriann

Hello everyone! I love reading your posts and hearing how you are making the program (now programs?) work for you!

Kathy - congratulations!! You started this thread, you stayed accountable, you finished the program, and you encouraged us all along the way. Great job! I am so happy you got to go on the Cathe Road trip. I would love to go some year. I did go to a Cathe Live workout last year and got to meet Cathe. She is so sweet and has so much energy! I am glad you had a good time.

As to the Liift4, I appreciate that you are taking us along on this next journey. I will come and revisit this thread this fall when the program is available without early access. I can see how it will work well with your race training now.

KateTT -Good job! I am so happy that this program is working for you. I know I had to sub some Cathe Live instead of Cardio Flow a few times. Your bands sound tough. I bought a second set of the ones I was using so I could double up the heavy ones when I revisited some of the workouts and that helped for me.

Savvychica - Because of your post, I did Fit Split in its entirety last week and I really enjoyed it. I agree that it is a terrific finisher to the 80DO program. Before this, I had only done the whole program once right after I bought it, although I have done parts of it here and there. I have also recently done parts of the 4-day split, but I overall I prefer Fit Split.

This is a busy week for me, but after this I really need to find a rotation again. I have had fun visiting different workouts and trainers, but I feel a little lost without a set schedule. Even if I do occasionally “cheat” on it with other workouts.

Lori
Old 07-31-18, 09:10 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Loriann- I hope you do get to experience a Cathe RT sometime! The energy the entire weekend is amazing! That's awesome that you did a Cathe Live! Cathe really is a tiny ball of positive energy, lol. We did a Yoga Flow workout on Friday night that was wonderful. She gave us tons of positive and meaningful affirmations. Loved it! I'll keep outlining the LIIFT4 workouts so you have an idea of what to expect.

This morning's workout was all weights with abs so I added on about 20 minutes of Cathe Live Cardio Fusion (right up to where she went into the HIIT section). I watched and read the LIIFT4 information and Joel says it's fine to do steady state cardio (walking, running, etc) as long as it's not HIIT. So tomorrow on the "Rest" day I'll run/walk on my treadmill at a steady state pace.

Week 1 - Workout #2 – Back / Biceps Circuit – 35 Minutes

The format is for this workout is (4) exercises per superset for 10 reps repeated for (3) rounds. It alternates a back exercise with a bicep exercise. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as you can for 10 reps. Your biceps and back should feel depleted by the end!

Series 1:
Wide Double Arm Row – 10 reps
W Curl – 10 reps
Traditional Double Arm Row – 10 reps
Hammer Curls – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Pullover – 10 reps
Bottom Curl (coming up halfway) – 10 reps
Reverse Fly – 10 reps
Top Curl (going down halfway) – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Burnout Round:
Superman (raise up, release, repeat) – (30 seconds)
Bicep Curl – (30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs:
Situp – twist – alternating knee in (modification was not to come up to full situp)
Plank (on elbow or modified to full plank with arms extended)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal