Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-22, 03:28 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

We are off to the city for the weekend to celebrate with DS1 & family. His birthday is today too.

Todays workouts:
~Taught Essentrics - added in some somatic flexibility work to the stretches
~fitbymik (YT): 20 min Leg & Booty Lift
~Yin stretches & supported poses

Paine - Enjoy the wedding, hope it goes off without a hitch!

Pat - I’m dabbling in different YT 20 min strength offerings. I enjoyed Cee, love the minimal talking but found her rest breaks longer than I like.

Beth - I like the minimal talking in Caroline & Heather’s workouts too. Fitbymik is similar, verbal instructions at the beginning of each exercise, but then no chatter until time is up. There’s a countdown timer for each exercise.

Sandra - I look forward hearing about your gym! Hope you & Beth have minimal side effects from the Covid booster.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-22, 04:56 PM  
YogaGal

Happy Birthday to PAM!!

Enjoy all the family birthday celebrations!
Old 10-21-22, 09:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy FriYay!

Yesterday I made myself do:

~ GYM for one hour recumbent bike and weight machines
~ Bird Yoga in Bed
~ 4,891 steps

Nice workout and walk for you Sandra.

Pam, I also got impatient with the rest breaks and how Cee looks kind of uncomfortable bopping around and looking at her hands. I think 30 seconds would be sufficient. Have a nice celebratory weekend!

Good morning to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-22, 11:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and happy weekend! Yesterday I did:

~ Ellen's Dancing Barefoot
~ Kassandra Stretch & Relax Yoga (Nervous System Reset)
~ 6,712 steps

The Ellen wasn't her best - very repetitive, but at least I moved with someone I like. The yoga routine helped me unkink so many things, physically and mentally. I wish she had a 60 minute version.
Old 10-22-22, 03:00 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: This morning at my new gym(!) I did a lower body workout with the machines plus 20 minutes on the stationary bike. After I got home I walked outside about 1.5 hours.

The new gym is big, bright and beautiful, and so far I've found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I also feel like I got a safer and more challenging lower body workout than I can manage at home, and I liked doing something different for cardio. My new basic membership does come with some passes so I can try out a few classes to see if I want to upgrade. I also found out they accept Silver & Fit which I have through my Senior Advantage health plan, so I may be able to get a discount.

I also worked my first volunteer shift at the food bank yesterday. It's an amazing operation and I liked participating, but when I got home I was completely wiped out -- turns out I was having a reaction to Thursday's Covid booster! Luckily I feel all sorted out now.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-22, 11:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday afternoon! I had a Bird day, featuring:

~ Bird 15 Minute Pilates Workout
~ Raking and garden cleanup while listening to chickadees, titmice, crows and blue jays
~ Bird Restorative Yoga for General Back Pain Relief
~ 5,382 steps

I really enjoyed Bird's Pilates workout. It wasn't very much Pilates and was more stretch oriented, but my back was sore and it helped - and it was simply a very nice routine.

Fall has really hit around here, nice crispness in the air. It smells like evergreens, chilly air and MacIntosh apples outside.

Sandra, the new gym sounds like a real hit! Good to hear you are feeling better from the booster.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 10-23-22, 05:41 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: From Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 I did the Upper Body and Total Stretch routines.

I guess the Mat Mavens are all out having a fun weekend!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-22, 08:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

We've had a quiet weekend, haven't we? I had my booster shot (covid #5) yesterday and was feeling a bit off overnight and this morning, but I'm okay now.

Pat, I've been doing more Pilates lately and added that Bird routine to my last; thank you! I chose a sleep story for Halloween that's creepy in a classic kind of way, but I don't think it's sleep disruptive.

Sandra, glad that you are finally able to go to your gym! Sounds like the volunteer work was a success too. Have you had your retirement 1-month anniversary yet? Glad you fully recovered from your booster too.

Pam, sounds like you had some fun plan for your birthday - hope you enjoyed!

Hope Paine had a wonderful time at her son's wedding this weekend!

Yesterday I went to yoga in the morning. Today I did some gentle practices -
Pilates from Senior Shape Fitness (she is actually somewhat challenging):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjRbh9YVFms&t=6s
One of my favorite yoga practices from Yogea (she does innovative moves and can be a bit hard to follow, but it feels so good!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbSdMNmC-0s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-22, 08:33 PM  
Jeanette

Checking in....long time no see

Hey everyone! I apologize yet again for being such a sporadic participant here! I'm going to try to post more and get to know you all! ❤

I'll just jump in with this week's workouts.

Monday 10/17 - Ellen Barrett - Sweet 15
Also, Callanetics Abs Express

Tuesday 10/18 - Callanetics Body Beautiful

Wednesday 10/19 - Ellen Barrett - Arms and Abs

Friday 10/21 - Callanetics Adelaide's 60 Minute Workout

Saturday 10/22 - Ellen Barrett Ballet Sculpt with Weights

Sunday 10/23 - Callanetics Adelaide's 40 Minute Workout

I hope everyone has had a good weekend! ❤

Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-22, 06:54 AM  
cyana

Good Morning - quick fly by. Ugh, had to work Saturday and Sunday, so it would be accurate to say that I'm dragging today. Thank goodness for my good friend Cubii, since we can be joined at the foot during busy season, LOL! I suspect we're at the peak of the deluge right now, and hope things will get to a more manageable level of busy-ness within the next month.

Pam - A belated Happy Birthday to both you and DS1. Hope you and your family had a wonderful celebration.

Paine - Hope all went well with the wedding this week-end. Congratulations and wishes for much happiness to DS2.

Sandra - I'm glad to hear your first impressions of the new gym are positive. I'll be interested to hear what sorts of work-outs you're doing and how your body responds.

Beth - I'm glad to hear that you aren't feeling badly - I was a bit concerned when you hadn't posted.

Pat - I'm jealous of your outdoor time in the yard and garden this week-end. At least a varied assortment of birds have graced the shrubs outside my office window so I know there's still life away from the computer!

Jeanette - No apology needed. Pop in whenever you can - the welcome mat is always out.

Waves to ALL. Need to get my work day started. It's supposed to be a nice day here, so I'm hoping I can at least get out in the sunshine and fresh air for a short walk.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote