Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-22, 09:02 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did Kayleigh Cohen's warm up and the seventh full body workout with Cee. I don't think I've ever done two consecutive days of weights, but I had a chance to get caught up from last week, so I took it. I ended with a stretch video on the adidas Runtastic channel

Do any of you do Cee's workouts barefoot? I have almost always worn shoes when lifting weights, but I've been doing them barefoot and rather like it.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 06:36 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Do any of you do Cee's workouts barefoot? I have almost always worn shoes when lifting weights, but I've been doing them barefoot and rather like it.
I've done them all mine barefoot with no problem - Body Part Splits, Plateau Buster, Muscle Burns Fat and 40-4-40. I do all my workouts barefoot.
Old 08-23-22, 04:59 PM  
tlchello

Sorry ladies...I am so bad for starting threads and then fading away..lol.

I am still here but took a few days off. I was SUPER sore from the last Cee workout I did and am wondering if I maybe jumped the gun moving up to 40-4-40. I think I might go back to her beginner workouts for a bit and see if I can progress a little more and then tackle the intermediate program.

Trying also to make sure to add in Essentrics to keep on top of my mobility and stretching.

Watch this space.

Edited to add: I have done all of my Cee workouts in bare feet.
Also edited to add: I had a very brief message exchange with Cee (Cheryl) and invited her to come over to us for a visit...lol.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 06:53 PM  
edensmom

Today was MBF Week 2 day 2, Chest + triceps. I enjoyed this one. I also have been working out in bare feet. I even do some of my cardio barefoot depending on how much impact there is. If it's a lot of jumping I'll put on sneakers.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-22, 07:40 PM  
ellaenchanted

Yesterday and today were rest days due to having a busy schedule. Tomorrow will be MBF week 3 legs and shoulders. I have really enjoyed this series. I wonder what I should do next? I can't decide between 4 week Plateau Buster or maybe trying Caroline Girvan's Fuel series. I keep trying CG because I want to feel the excitement that others do but her programming can be repetitive and unbalanced IMO.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-22, 11:30 AM  
edensmom

Today was MBF Week 2 day 4, glutes + abs. I liked it!

Ellaenchanted, I've done *most* of both Epic Heat and Epic 3 plus a lot of random workouts. I do like Carolinebut she has some moves I don't like - pulsing RDLs? No thank you, my back hurts just thinking about it. She has sort of a week a/week b format where everything gets worked over that period if you stick with her schedule. I do enjoy her but it's a ton of volume and I get bored. Maybe try one of her short series like Beast Mode or Pyramid and see how you like it? I intend to get to Iron but even 6 weeks is dread inducing right now, lol.

Happy Wednesday to all!
Old 08-24-22, 02:09 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Today I did the Bee Gees 10 minute and the ABBA Mamma Mia 27 minute walking workouts on Improved Health. They are low intensity but fun. Then, I did a 5 minute Caroline Jordan standing stretch.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

Old 08-24-22, 06:01 PM  
laurajhawk

Hi, I'm back! The weekend retreat was lovely, great yoga, great people, and a beautiful lodge in Granby, Colorado.

On Monday I did 40-4-40 Twelve. I feel like the notable characteristic of this one is that it's LONG. With the 8-minute warmup, it was a 57-minute workout. It's 7 exercises as usual, but one is a goblet squat into front lunge (each rep is squat/lunge left/lunge right), one is a hip raise with leg lower and lift (each rep is hip raise, lower/lift left leg, lower/lift right), and there's also curl with iso hold, which is one arm at a time. So it just goes on & on

Today I did Thirteen which was more the nomral length (51 min including warmup) and I liked the moves.

I always used to do weight workouts (and everything except high impact) barefoot, but I had foot surgery in May and have been wearing shoes until today. I actually wanted to try Monday's workout barefoot but it had lunges and I don't think I want to do them barefoot. But today's moves looked safe, and it seemed fine without shoes.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-22, 02:40 PM  
edensmom

Fitness with PJ Beginner Hiit Cardio All Standing. This ran about 20 mins, mods shown to up the intensity. Great warmup. MBF Week 2 day 3 back + bis. I do not love the gorilla rows or close grip rows instead. I did reverse grip barbell rows. I wasn't feeling super strong today. I'm pretty stressed out as I am needing to make a choice about what job offer to accept. There isn't a clear or obvious choice which would be SO much easier.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-25-22, 04:53 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did Cee's 8 minute warm up, the eighth full body workout, and a relaxing 8 minute head to toe stretch with Pamela Reif. In the weights workout, Cee did seated good mornings with the dumbbell held behind her upper back. I held mine in the front. It just felt more comfortable and safer. I used my balance disc instead of a book for the elevated close squat and my stability ball for the preacher curls.

Edensmom, I hope whichever job offer you decide on works out to be the best choice for you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes being barefoot!