Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-16-22, 04:04 PM  
edensmom

PB Week 2 Chest + Bis. This is my least favorite split. Week 2 done!! I'm already looking ahead to what's next. These short workouts are great as I adjust to my new routine. Working with brand new kindergarteners is a bit chaotic, lol. Today marks the end of my first full week. Whew! I'm ready to relax. Waves!
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-22, 12:15 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I hope everyone is have a good weekend!

Today was a 10-minute Caroline Jordan warm up and the seventh Plateau Buster workout for glutes/hamstrings and abs. This was an easier one, which I didn't mind today, with having so much to get done. I really liked the half kneeling wood chop and I hope she uses it again. I ended with a Caroline 5-minute standing stretch.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-22, 09:28 AM  
edensmom

I took the weekend off. This morning was Week 3 day 1, Legs + tris. This was a challenging, sweaty workout. I enjoy the workouts in this series but I am finding myself beginning to dread the rep range. For me 15 reps is high reps and I tend to enjoy sprinkling high rep workouts into my routine rather than being the mainstay of my routine. So I have learned something new about my preferences!I realize I could go heavier and do fewer reps but I want to do the program as designed. Halfway there!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 09-19-22, 09:36 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Today was a 10-minute mobility workout with Caroline Jordan, the eighth Plateau Buster workout, and an upper body stretch with fitbymik.

I saw a comment by Cee on a recent Instagram post that she's planning the 5 day workout program for October. I'm looking forward to it!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

Old 09-20-22, 07:02 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi, all! Hope all is well.

Workouts here are hit and miss again. I had an abdominal abcess develop nearly 2 weeks ago and it limited my activities. Still on antibiotics and healing, but much better. Just a few weeks out from KCM's RT. I have GOT to get my act together, lol! I did do a boxing finisher on RAW this morning. Need to build back up.

Edensmom: Are you doing plateau buster? I did that rotation. I did tire of the 15 reps.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 10:14 PM  
edensmom

Gibbee, yep, I'm doing Plateau Buster. 15 reps is not so bad here and there but every day is a little much for me. Abdominal abscess, yikes! That sounds awful. I'm glad you're on the mend.

Susan, I'll have to go look at her Instagram comments now! I'm not so sure about 5 days of weight training. I was thinking of going to 3 and doing 2 cardio days.

Today was PB Week 3 day 2, back + shoulders. For the 3rd superset, I subbed plain old lat pullovers for the "arc row." That is one of the exercises that just does not click for me. I absolutely do not feel it in my back at all.

I may do some cardio tomorrow.
Old 09-23-22, 10:00 AM  
edensmom

PB Week 3 day 3, glutes + abs. I really liked this one. Happy Friday!
Old 09-23-22, 04:04 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I did Cee's warm up, Plateau Buster #9 Legs and Triceps, and Kayleigh Cohen's 15 minute stretch. It was a good, sweaty workout. It's the first time that I'd come across triceps dips in Cee's workouts, and I'm pretty sure I was lifting more than her, ha!

Gibbee, I'm glad you're on the mend!

I much prefer twelve reps than fifteen reps, but it's a nice change of pace.

Old 09-24-22, 08:14 AM  
tlchello

Hi all...

Did Beginner #1 today. Fighting some elbow pain still but was able to complete the workout.

Eating has been on track this week and I am seeing some progress...woot woot.

Have a great weekend everyone.

(and just for accountability....)
Plan for the coming week:
Tues- Beg. #2
Thurs- Beg. #3
Sat- Beg. #4

Other days will be some sort of stretching, mobility, etc. and of course my usual 30 minute walk.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-22, 08:51 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Tlchello, congrats on getting your eating back on track! That's often the hardest thing to do.

Today I warmed up and stretched with Caroline Jordan. Plateau Buster 10 was back and shoulders. Edensmom, I switched to one-armed rows instead of the arc rows. I was feeling it in my triceps too much and they were still sore from the triceps dips in the previous workout. I almost put off working out today because of so much going on, but got it done this evening.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!