Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-08-23, 09:04 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Bad news: Time files. Good news: You're the pilot. 1/8

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 09:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'll be doing more putzing around today and likely will go out for a walk. The parks have done a good job clearing the paths! I'll be working on that online course today.

Laura, sounds like it's Polly feedback time on your trip last week . Glad to see you, but ticked off that you were gone . Glad you're feeling better but sad DH is still under the weather. My Covid tests expired by date, so I haven't gotten any more in the house.

Paula, I did an AARP driving course when it was a day course taught in person, but now they are going online - I'll see how this goes. I've not heard of the MedCram channel - I've got YouTube available on my TV, but I rarely use those channels. I ended up doing opossums Friday at WRC because the woman that usually did them started on bats instead - she got there first and was doing both when I was out. It's just basically cleaning their cages and changing their bedding - most crawl into their kennel that's kept in the cage and it's easy to move that against a wall while I clean - some were out and under towels in the cage part and those were harder to get into the kennel - they snarled and growled a lot, but made no moves towards me. They make an artistic project of painting with poop in the cage part . Lots to clean up!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-08-23, 06:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a lazy day. We attended church virtually this morning. I did a load of laundry - the covers I've been sleeping under along with other towels and covers.

I can see why you would be really confused, Paula, if you didn't register Anita's post about working at the WRC on Friday. I was just glad it wasn't me...

I took another home Covid test today and it was negative. It wasn't a surprise, but it still pleased me to see that result. Now, we just gotta get DH into the negative column. He has felt better today, so he may try again tomorrow.

Anita - All of our tests expired, too, but I stocked up while in WV. We left some there for them and we brought some home. The honeymoon is definitely over. She was so mad at us today because we didn't let her out until mid afternoon. When she got tired after being mad at us, she would go lay in my office chair and sulk. It was a cold (for NC) day with rain. We let her out once the rain ended. And, gee, she didn't stay outside very long before she was ready to come back inside...

Paula - We've been wearing masks around each other to try to not pass it around again. And I've been sleeping upstairs on the futon (which has been pretty comfortable, thank goodness). I can see why you were tired. You got a lot done.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 09:51 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla b Body Shaping Day 6 Walking with Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery and food prep day. Sourdough enough for two loaves rising on my counter, I'll bake it tomorrow.

Anita, Well those darn opossums - what creative little snots. Well at least they don't try to bite you. You should have YouTube on your computer also. I love YouTube as all my Pahla B classes are on it. In fact most of my exercise workouts are on YouTube.

Laura, I would feel a wave of relief seeing the negative result too. I need to check the tests we have, I have no idea whether they are expired. I wonder if an expired test would still work? Of course you probably wouldn't trust it. Has Polly forgiven you yet? She sure doesn't hesitate to express her true feelings. When DH was so sick we wore masks around each other, I slept in the other bedroom, we didn't eat at the same time or place etc. I feel your pain, it's a hard thing to keep up. I think I was in the back bedroom for 10 days.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 09:27 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm getting together with friends for a walk this morning. I made some progress on my driving course for insurance, but still need a few days to complete. Otherwise putzing around. Looks like Spring Green is back this year! I'll be signing up for rooms and activities this week.

Laura, glad you're over the Covid - hope it stays controlled in your body! Poor Polly!

Paula, Yum on your sourdough! I've never been a baker, but had some supplies for Adelija when she was here - I did have to buy a rolling pin for her though. I'll probably downsize in the baking area when I move. I'm still thinking about what I'll take or not to the new place but am holding off till I see the place to make any decisions or donations. Covid between partners doesn't sound fun .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-09-23, 07:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

DH took a test this morning that was positive. He called the doctor and asked how he could still be positive at this point. (He's feeling fine and got his rebound case before I did.) They said that they have seen this in some people. They feel fine and have no symptoms, but they keep testing positive. They said that eventually it will change to negative and that he's probably not contagious anymore. But, just in case, he should wear a mask around immunocompromised people (that would be me) and old people (all our parents).

Today, DH got multiple communications that the sister-in-law dying of emphysema and COPD is "actively dying" according to hospice. We are expecting a call saying that she has died any time now. We will go and we may get a hotel room or rental to not share germs with my MIL. But my MIL will be very upset if we don't stay with her. It's something about my parents-in-law - they always expect people to stay with them, especially the baby in their family.

Anyway, if I disappear, I've gone to WV. We don't plan on staying a long time. Of course, I've said that before, so we'll see.

Anita - What is Spring Green? That's the name of our lawn service.

Paula - Yeah, it's a pain, but at this point the last thing I want is to get it again. The good thing is that I discovered that the futon is pretty comfortable. Hope the sourdough bread turns out good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 09:41 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight Pure and Simple Stretch the Floor Stretch.

Today DH had the first of three sessions of immunotherapy. It was only about a half hour but he has to hang around the house for the day afterward. I won't go into why. I wanted stay home to be with him so I got alot done - baked the sourdough, made a pan of almond cookies that DH had requested. Then I took down most of the Christmas decorations that were still up, so once again I'm feeling tired mentally and physically.

Anita, I'm with Laura, not sure what you mean by Spring Green is back - is it a color that you're seeing everywhere - everyone wearing Spring Green sweaters or something? You may want to hang onto some of the baking equipment you bought for Adelija. Once you're in the co-op you won't have the yard work and snow removal and all that stuff, you may find yourself with more time than you're used to. Cooking from scratch is satisfying and has a big pay off. Today's sourdough came out well. I make the same recipe each time and I'm experimenting with different baking times and it seems to come out good regardless of what I do. Take up baking and I'll send you the recipe - only six ingredients.

Laura, oh my gosh, you have a host of things hanging over your head right now. First I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. If you disappear, we'll know why. When DH was sick I discovered the bed in the back bedroom was pretty comfortable too. Not sure it's the same thing, but my mother had TB as a young child - never even knew she'd had it, but for the rest of her life she tested positive on every TB test she had to take. Since she worked in the health care field she had to take one for every position she ever held. Could it be the same with your husband and COVID? Does that ever happen? Be safe, don't get it again.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 11:15 PM  
Vantreesta

I did yoga on Wednesday and Thursday and then last night before bed. I've been working on undecorating a few hours a day but Saturday I did my New Year's Eve celebration that was postponed bc of the trip for the funeral. I watched 5 movies, ate my traditional junk food and wassail and sat around in leggings all day with my hubby and dog. (Only I was wearing leggings, just to clarify. ) I thoroughly enjoyed it but also am glad that's not my every day life! I watched the ball drop on the real NYE with my aunts and uncle but I had recorded it so I had it set and watched it drop again on my fake NYE. I had done all my nerd-out stuff (spreadsheets and stuff) ahead of time anticipating being gone so at least those were ready for Jan. 1. Today I spent 90 minutes in the dentist chair for two fillings, one on each side so my entire mouth was numb. I couldn't feel my tongue at all and apparently I moved it in the way and he accidentally nicked it. Can't say that feels too great! I won't be eating peanut butter till it heals since it hurts to move my tongue around enough to get things unstuck. Had to get groceries after that and was pretty worn out after all that. The head/neck pain from having my head tipped back so long was pretty draining. Tonight I had grief group so I'm pretty much done in for the day!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 08:45 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking a walk - weather is unusually warm for a January (right around freezing), so taking advantage of it in the parks outside. I'll also be working on the driving course I'm taking online - got about half done already. Nothing else officially planned for today.

Laura, sorry you're still needing to wear masks at home . Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I tried beating the call I got on caregiver's prognosis with my parents, but I couldn't beat their predicted timing - they died before I could make it down. Have a safe drive over if you get the call! Ha! Spring Green is the town in south west WI that we go to with my high school friends to see Shakespeare plays under the stars and enjoy the area for a number of activities - we've gone pretty much every summer around mid-July for decades now, but skipped the last couple of years due to Covid. Spring Green is where Taliesin is built (Frank Lloyd Wright's home). We've skipped the last two years because of Covid.

Paula, hope DH recovers well from the immunotherapy. Sorry about the Spring Green confusion - it's a town in SW WI that's where I've gone for a nice weekend with friends for over 25 years. I thought I'd already be turning towards cooking with my free time since retirement, but it hasn't happened and likely won't happen.

Vantreesta, Happy New Years Eve to you! Sounds like a good evening in leggings and watching TV . Sorry about your dental visit, especially him nicking your tongue! Sounds like he didn't have a good chair to position your head properly.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-10-23, 09:00 AM  
Vantreesta

Anita, thanks for explaining Spring Green. I knew the name sounded familiar but I couldn't place context either. That sounds like a fun tradition! The dentist had a student helping him so I don't know if that contributed to the nick or not. Also I'm not usually numb on both sides and my head and neck were really hurting by that time so it's hard to say if my tongue moved or my head or what. My jaws are really sore this morning but I'm sure once I'm up and eating and talking to Cyric they'll loosen up.

Laura, I'm sorry about all the COVID hassle in your house. Praying your DH tests negative soon and you both can move on from it. Sorry also about your sister-in-law. "Actively dying" is to me one of the saddest phrases in our language. It's such an awful thing to watch and one can only pray that the person going through it is not suffering and truly is heading to a better place. I pray your SIL will be at peace when the time comes. And that you will all find comfort in your memories.

Paula, nice that you could get a lot done at home but what a bummer reason for staying home. I hope your DH doesn't have too many side effects from the treatment. I had never realized there are IV treatments for so many things! My mom had them with a drug that is supposed to slow the progression of ALS. The crummy thing about a drug like that with a disease that affects everyone so differently is that you have no clue if it actually works or not. And she had to have a treatment every day 5 days a week for two weeks then be off for I think two weeks. The hospital was an hour away from home so on the wknds btwn treatments they stayed at my grandma's so it was half the distance. I'm sure when those stopped my dad didn't know what to do with the extra time on his hands.

Grief is such a weird thing. Definitely a rollercoaster. Some days I'm just sure my mom is still alive and will be texting me at any minute or that I gotta remember to call and talk with her about smthg. And other days I know she's gone and feel sad. But the overriding feeling through all the ups and downs is just how much I miss her every single day and am so grateful she was my mom.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote