Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-22, 06:55 PM  
Jules

I dodged a cold the other week but I am afraid it has caught up with me today. I feel symptoms coming on stronger than last time. I am downing Emergen-C and resting. There are always so many germs at school.

I did have a pretty good exercise week until today:

Tues: Virtual Active 55 minute ride in Alberta (Banff)
Wed: BodyPump 108
Thur: Cathe's Bootcamp (the original one)

Kate: I am taking note of those Cathe Lives you like so I can try them out. The Spooktacular Bootcamp one sounds fun!

Malinda: Sorry you snapped your fave band. That is always so shocking when it happens. I plan to purchase some new ones as well. I am going to preorder the STS 2 downloads this weekend and will add in some bands, tubing and a yoga ball.

Sorry I am not feeling too chatty tonight, girls. Will catch up soon!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-22, 12:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: Hope you start feeling better. I'm a big fan of Emergen-C.

Another FUN Live today too. 331 Opposites Attract. About 58 minutes. Works through several opposing body parts quite thoroughly!! I stayed as heavy as I could and there are lots of reps! I wanted to push the limit and see how heavy I could go with high reps and still keep good form.
Whew!!
I used 8-25s, plus 2 different strength bands and the stability ball. Some weighted moves, some band moves, some floor moves. Ow!

Happy Monday? heehe

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-22, 03:14 PM  
Jules

Happy Halloween! I still feel yucky but better than yesterday. I took the day off from work. My son has a b-ball game tonight and I am debating if I should go or not. He has another game tomorrow so I will probably just go to that one. I don't want to spread my germs.

Keep the CL reviews coming, Kate! I just added Opposites Attract to my to-do list.
Old 11-02-22, 01:43 PM  
Malinda

Hey! I can't believe it's already November!

Jules - I sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Kate - I love LM, too, but I just kept doing the same workouts over and over, even though there were hundreds to choose from. I'd scroll and scroll, preview and preview, and then do the same Combat workout with Dan and Rach all over the beautiful countryside! $100/year is just a little too much for me to pay for one workout I do the BB Combat and Pump workouts, and love them, too!

Still enjoying 80 Day Obsession!

Th - 80DO Day 10 - Cardio Core
Fr - 80DO Day 11 - AAA
Sat - Breathless Body
Sun - 80DO Day 12 - Legs
Mon - 80DO Day 13 - Cardio Flow
Tues - 21 Day Fix Cardio Fix
Wed - 80DO Day 15 - Total Body Core

I like Cardio Flow but felt like I needed to burn some more calories, so I threw in Cardio Fix the next day.

Also, days 7, 14, etc. are stretch or rolling days, so I'm skipping them unless I really need them. I'm rolling almost every day as it is, my glutes are so sore!

Y'all have a great afternoon!
Old 11-04-22, 04:21 PM  
Jules

Hi Girls! Your story about Les Mills cracked me up, Malinda. I definitely have my faves too. I could try a new one, but gravitate to the tried and true.

This past week has been a total bust for me. I am finally getting over my cold, but have not worked out. We got a huge snowstorm and the trees still had their leaves and came down everywhere. Much of the area has had no power going on 3 days now. We are very lucky to have it at our home. My husband had no power at work for a couple of days, but the school has it. We have another storm on the way this weekend with high winds which are sure to take down more trees.

My boss at work has been out for several weeks. She was diagnosed with Cushing's disease and needs surgery, so she will be out until January at the earliest. My other coworker is leaving to work at a high school for at-risk youth, and today was his last day. There are not enough subs available and they have not hired his replacement, so things will be crazy at work for a while.

My daughter caught my cold and came down with severe tonsillitis, which she gets a couple of times per year. She tested negative for strep, so she has to wait it out and she is pretty down in the dumps. I am trying to make her eat. She is missing out on a big Speech & Debate competition tomorrow, but I am kind of glad with the 2nd storm on the way.

Finally, the dog has a tummy ache and threw up last night on our bed. While my daughter was getting tested for strep, the dog threw up on the laminate flooring and the liquid blew out the flooring's seam. I put a flat board and some of my weights on top it to try and smooth it out, but it is probably a lost cause. We don't have any replacement flooring left and it is discontinued. Sigh.

Sorry to vent - I am just feeling a little frustrated today. Hopefully we won't lose power this weekend. We really need to save up for a generator. I hope you ladies are having a better week than I am. Usually this is my favorite time of year!
Old 11-04-22, 06:33 PM  
Malinda

Aw, Jules, I'm so sorry! I'm glad you have power, and I hope the next storm won't take down more trees. Not living in that type of climate, I never really thought about the weight of frozen leaves contributing to that. And I hope your daughter gets better very soon. I used to get strep all the time in high school, until I finally had a tonsillectomy my senior year. It's so miserable to try to eat with such a sore throat. And EW on the dog throwing up on the bed! When my cats used to sleep with us (all four of them), that used to happen regularly... usually on Sunday night, which is "clean sheet night" at our house. Hang in there, girl, things will get better.

Hope all is well with you, Kate! I'm hoping to get to the post office this weekend!

Workouts:

Th - Core de Force MMA Speed 2.0 and 5-minute Core on the Floor - all plank moves for five minutes. Way tougher than I imagined it would be! And I wore my weighted gloves for the cardio/boxing workout, so my shoulders were tired!
Fri - 80DO Day 16 - Booty - My butt was ON FIRE. DH's office is adjacent to the workout room, and he was like "What the heck is she doing to you in there?" I was grunting and groaning (and sweating profusely). My hips are already hurting tonight. I may have to sit on an ice pack tomorrow!

I hope y'all have a good weekend! Thinking of you Jules!
Old 11-06-22, 08:38 PM  
Jules

Malinda - Too funny about your cats. It is always right after you wash the sheets, right? My daughter is feeling a lot better and plans to go to school tomorrow. Unfortunately, I now have a sinus infection and am on antibiotics. It usually takes a couple of days for the meds to kick in. Hopefully I will be working out again by mid-week.
Old 11-08-22, 11:12 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!!
I'm with you both, there are some LMOD workouts I just repeat over and over! Combat is my all time favorite cardio workout but I love Attack too. Love almost all.
NOTE: BC#58 and #81 are quite good.

Jules: Hope things perk up for you soon. When it rains, it pours. Hope the storm isn't too bad. I'm just not ready for s**w yet.

Malinda: I often combined 80DO workouts too for an extra boost. Makes me think about revisiting it. Some day.

Still doing Cathe Live.
Nov 1: 232 Kick Box & Bag. That was FUN!!!
Nov 2: 333 3-3-3. WINNER! Very metabolic
Nov 3: 169 Mixed Impact HiiT and Bonus Abs (whew)
Nov 4: 352 Metabolic Weight & Loops - most excellent!

Mon: 419 Lift It Chest & Triceps - OMG! Heavy lifting Heaven. I'm feeling it today! That is the kind of heavy lifting I like!

Today: 250 Cardio Leg Block Party. Sweaty mess. My legs are barking. Alternates cardio and weighted leg work.

Off to cool off and get back to work. Have a great day all!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 11-09-22, 08:03 PM  
Malinda

Hi y'all! I hope everything is going well for you two.

I am stupid-busy at work, and my boss informed me today that it's gonna continue to be insane until December 6th (last day to bill our biggest client and collect in 2022). Can't wait for December 7th!!!

DH is in Miami for 10 days (5 down, 5 to go); lucky for him, the storm is coming ashore North of where he is, but expecting lots of rain and wind.

Still "obsessed" with 80 Day Obsession:

Sat - 80 DO Day 17 - Cardio Core
Sun - I did a cr*p-ton of housecleaning, so I did a couple of short stretch workouts on BOD
Mon - 80 DO Day 18 - AAA
Tues - 80 DO Day 19 - Legs
Wed - 80 DO Day 20 - Cardio Flow

I was totally not feeling it yesterday during Legs; I struggled through the entire workout, and was worried that I was getting burned out on the program. I really felt like I slacked, but man are my legs sore today! I was totally back in the game today - I love Autumn and all of the cast; I think I am burned out with WORK, and that is affecting my workouts a bit.

I think I'll do a Turbo or Combat tomorrow before I start the 4th week of Phase 1 on Friday.

Jules, I hope you are feeling better.

Kate, you are really burning through those Cathe Lives!

Take care!
Old 11-11-22, 09:19 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!! Fit and Fab you are!!

Wed: LMOD Body Combat 81. I have done this before and just wanted to revisit. Has some amazing music that really gets you going!

Thurs: Live 346 Lift It Split It Back Biceps. AWESOME!! I do like 419 better but you guys know how much I love heavy lifting! I hope STS2 will be similar.
I added on half of the All Core on the Floor workout too.

Today I have planned Live 420 Cardio Kick Punch. Looks fun. I may add on 416 Fat and Furious Lower for a bit longer workout. We'll see. ;-)

Malinda: Do you have a favorite backgrounder on 80DO? I actually like them all but Donald is a hoot!

Jules: Feel better soon!!