Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-22, 05:29 PM  
Jules

Hi Friends! I have to complain a little today b/c I was fighting off a cold over the weekend and didn't work out. I was just too tired. Yesterday I had enough energy to go for a walk with the dog and today I went for another walk and did BodyPump 98 with lighter weights than normal. I still have some cold symptoms, but there is also a lot of smoke outside so it could just be from that. I might play a little VR BodyCombat or do some yoga tonight.

We have a short week at school because the teachers are doing trainings on Thursday and Friday. I am excited for 4 days off! I was sick last year during the break but I think I have kicked this cold to the curb. My boss at work has had some unexpected health problems and has been absent, often without a sub, so I have had to pick up the slack along with another coworker. I am trying not to stress out too much.

It is supposed to cool off weather-wise starting Saturday so I plan to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts! Hopefully all of you in the midwest and out east didn't get too much snow over the past couple of days. It's way too soon for Shovel Max!!!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 07:37 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!!
Thank you Jules for continuing to check in. Here I begged people to join this group and I can't even manage to come back often.
Any good plants left in the greenhouse? I've been enabled by a VF friend and have been buying many plants lately. Luckily hubby loves them.

We have MEA this week too (teacher training). I don't have any little kids anymore but I sure hope you enjoy the time off.

Yes WAY to soon for Shovel Max. We got a wee bit on Friday but it only snowed for 5 min. Melted right away. But it is COLD!! 18 low yesterday and 20 right now. But expecting a good warmup after today. Yay!!

Body fat 20.5?!?!?!? Thats amazing girl!

I'm so far behind but to recap, I'm back on a Cathe Live binge all month. The only time I didn't do Lives was when I added in some Cathe ICE workouts.

This week:
Mon: Live 259 Barbell Total Body. A little like Body Pump. LOTS of fun, great rep patterns and speed. I used my dumbells - I still don't own a barbell.

Tues: Live 243 In the Ring. OH that was so fun!!!! The energy, the drills, everything was superb! Its a bit shorter so I repeated the last 20 min before the stretch to make it a full hour.

Today my plan is Live 225 Breathless Upper Body.

Now hopefully I can check in more often. Not that life is any less hectic, but I miss you guys!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 02:15 PM  
Malinda

Hi Ladies! I am still reading, but I can’t ever seem to find the time to post. I apologize. I would love to say that I will do better; I’ll try!

So after researching what feels like a bajillion different workout programs, I finally landed on 80 Day Obsession. I always thought the 60 minute workouts would be too long, I don’t like using bands, I don’t have sliders and always thought they were an accident waiting to happen… blah blah blah. After looking more closely, not all of the workouts are 60 minutes, and besides, I love Autumn, and I also like that I can play my own music. So why not give it a go?

Three days in, I love it, and my glutes are so sore I can barely stand at my desk to work! The slides aren’t used in every workout, and I have a slide board with booties, so for today’s Cardio Core workout, I was able to improvise using it. The main problem with using it is that my kitties thought Mommy brought out the slide board for them to hang out on this morning.

I’m really hoping I will stick with this rotation. Of course I will throw in some extra cardio days from other instructors, but I figure that can only enhance the results! I also need to get some new bands; some of mine are really old and either have holes in them, or are stretched out way too much.

Jules, I hope you are feeling better!

Kate, great to see you!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 10-20-22, 07:38 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Malinda, if you like Autumn, you'll LOVE LOVE LOVE 80 Day Obsession.
It took about a week for it to grow on me and then the joy (and DOMS) kicked in and I was hooked.
I suspended my BOD subscription, but if I ever subscribe again, it would be for more 80DO.
I also subbed different cardio at times and that worked great for me. I hope you have a blast - I know you'll see changes.

And I hear you about not being able to check in. The days just get away from me!

Live 225 Breathless Upper Body yesterday was very good. I love mixing cardio and weights.
Today will be Live 246 Cardio Leg Party.

Just adding more cardio in this week.
HUGS!!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 10-21-22, 04:33 PM  
Malinda

Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!

Checking in with Turbo Jam Cardio Party Live yesterday (I had to go into the office so I didn't have time to do the longer 80 Day Obsession workout). Today was 80DO Day 4, AAA. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I was anticipating, but definitely a good workout.

I hope you both have a great weekend!
Old 10-23-22, 12:04 PM  
Malinda

Look at me posting again!

Yesterday was 80DO Day 5, Legs. Ouch!!! My quads are killing me today!

Today was 80DO Day 6, Cardio Flow. I know a lot of people really hated this workout. I had done the Cardio Flow from A Little More Obsessed, so I was familiar with the format. This one was only 1/2 hour, and I liked it.

If this week is any indication, my glutes are going to be sore throughout this entire rotation.

Wow, 18 degrees already, Kate? Brrrr!! We're supposed to get lows in the mid-40s a few nights this week. That's cold enough for me!

I hope you are both having a restful weekend!
Old 10-23-22, 04:27 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! I'm so glad to hear you are healthy and keeping up with your workouts. I recently bought a bunch of new-to-me DVDs at the Total Fitness sale and have been reviewing them on GD.

Wed: BodyCombat 80 + 35 minute walk
Thur: Virtual Active bike ride in Maine (55 min)
Fri: CL #270 Plyo Leg Blast + #261 Upper Body Ball-Tastic
Sat: Petra Kolber: The Last Step (14 min) + Cathe's Imax 3
Today: Mike Donavanik Extreme Burn Total Body (83 min)

I am really enjoying the Virtual Active bike rides! I also thought the Mike Donavanik workout was great. The jury is still out on Petra's step workout. The 2 Cathe Lives went well together and I especially liked #261.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-22, 08:08 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Malinda: Go go go! There were very few workouts I didn't like on 80DO. You'll rock it!

Jules: That Donavanik workout is tough!

Backtracking a little. Friday I did 417 Muscle Mashup and loved it!! So much variety, so much energy. Added to my top favs list. Muscle endurance for sure and got a nice spike in HR.

Mon: Live 204 HiiT and Sculpt. Another great combo class with some super HiiT at the beginning (about first 30 min) then moves on to upper strength, lower strength all on the floor and some brief core. Fun!

Tues: Live 262 Cardio HiiT plus Core (47 min). I repeated the last 6 drills (12 total) to bring it to an hour workout. It was really good.

Notes: When I started 262, my legs felt very sore and heavy. From the leg work in 204? It was all on the floor but yowza!

Did anyone preorder STS2? I did.

Old 10-26-22, 11:43 AM  
Malinda

Hi y'all!

I'm so glad you two love Cathe Live! I can't handle all the variety, it paralyzes me. That's why I let my Les Mills on Demand subscription expire. I spent half of my workout time trying to figure out what I wanted to do!

I did not pre-order STS 2.0. I thought about it, but I'd rather wait for reviews and see if it's really something I would use. STS 1.0 still sits in shrink wrap. I really should put it up for SASE and let it go to someone who will use it.

Workouts:

Monday - 80DO Day 8 - Total Body Core
Tuesday - Turbo Fire HIIT 20
Wednesday - 80DO Day 9 - Booty

I snapped a band today! I feel like that's a Rite of Passage for 80DO! I only had an extra-heavy black band and a super-easy green band left, so I tried to do the last set of Booty with the black band. It wasn't pretty. We'll see if I can walk tomorrow. I need to order more bands today.

I had to attack my quads and hammies with the roller stick yesterday and hit them again this morning with the foam roller. My knees were starting to hurt, but they're better today. I need to be sure to give my legs some love every day, since Autumn is hitting them pretty hard.

Keep on keepin' on, girls!
Old 10-27-22, 08:25 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Malinda: I must admit I do spend a fair amount of time planning out my workouts. I have a calendar and a spreadsheet to track everything. I try to plot out a month at a time rotation but I often change my mind.
I'm a variety junkie. To quote a phrase from a VF friend, I think I have exercise ADD.

I could never cancel my LMOD subscription. As much as I love Cathe, LM is a FAV!

271 Spooktacular Bootcamp was FUN!! I don't know how some people could do it in their costumes! Made me crack up and it looks like many of the backgrounders were laughing too. It was tough. I did not modify but I also did not add anything on to the end. It's 48 minutes and I gave it my all.

Thinking today will be 255 Kickboxing plus Core. I'll post later.

Have a great day!!