Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-11-22, 01:38 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Fit Chicks Fit & Having Fun in 2022

Just starting our new thread for 2022.

Happy New Year!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 01:41 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Today I put two shorter Cathe Live cardio hiit workouts. SWEATY!

140 Low Impact Cardio HiiT and 247 Time to HiiT Low Impact.
Both excellent together. Both use light weights just to amp up the cardio so I used 5s.
Some of the moves were similar between the two but really a good combination. I liked 247 the best.

No appointments at all this week thank goodness so 5 days of workouts and Yoga. YAY!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 01-12-22, 03:02 PM  
Jules

Enjoy your appointment-free week, Kate!

Since I am on a Covidcation, I have been doing a few fun, low-key activities. Yesterday I finished up the paint-by-numbers project I started in the summer. I might do a few more touch-ups to it. Not sure if I will get it framed or not? My daughter is an amazing artist and I plan to frame some of her pieces, which are far superior to mine, LOL. I also have a miniature greenhouse kit and I am going to check it out today.

I have been playing a 3D puzzle game on the VR headset called Puzzling Places. I can play it seated and it is really immersive.

I've been listening to some podcasts for a wellness challenge at school. Basically, we get a list of 10 different items to complete every couple of months and if we finish 6 of them we get a $75 gift card. I have already received one gift card this school year and am close to completing the work for the second one. It is a great incentive!

Yesterday I did "Letting Go" from Yoga Detox 30. It is a yin class led by Travis. There were a couple of challenging poses in the beginning - he does the dreaded dragon - but very relaxing poses in the end. I will do this one again. The next class on the Detox schedule is "Potential" led by Lauren. I will give it a shot and try to keep an open mind.

I am feeling almost back to normal - just have a little sinus congestion and some stomach issues. My son was the sickest out of all of us with a headache, fever, rapid heart rate, cough and congestion, but he is pretty much healed. My husband has the dry, hacking cough plus loss of taste/smell. We think my daughter must have been the first of us to get sick. Her symptoms were a sore throat, fatigue and a headache. I think she caught it when we went to see Spiderman at the movie theater and had dinner out after. It is hard to know for sure, but she has tested negative all week. I think the fact that we are all vaccinated contributed to our mild symptoms, but it didn't stop us from catching the virus. Of course, it is running rampant in our schools now, so it is pretty hard to avoid.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 03:18 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules, Covid is running rampant in MN. My younger son, DIL and both my grandkids currently have covid. The adults had worse symptoms than the kids do, thankfully. Everyone was vaccinated too, but hopefully that prevented hospitalization. Scary!!

I LOVE Dragon pose!

Today is Justin's 39th birthday. He's out with his girlfriend and won $200 with a lottery ticket! Nice! I am very grateful he got through the last year!

Today I did Live #4 Cardio & Weights. I don't really remember if this is like her Cardio & Weights DVD but it was a lot more fun and challenging than I expected. Anytime I see "compound" moves, I cringe a little but this was really fun and lots of energy!

Hugs to all! Stay well!

Old 01-12-22, 07:34 PM  
Mickey12

Jules it’s great you’re making the best of your time home. Lots of fun things! Covid is going crazy where I live too. It seems like every day we have another positive case at work. I’m very relieved that symptoms with Omicron seem to be less severe.

Kate, thanks for starting the new thread for 2022. Oh, dragon pose. I’m with Jules. I find that pose difficult to hold. I need to use blocks and I still really feel it in my shoulders. I realize it’s a groin opener but the stress in my shoulders is what I find unpleasant. Good for you, Kate! Happy Birthday to Justin!

Hey Malinda and Linda. Hope you are both well.

Today I did a new workout. Ilaria’s Kickboxing 7. I like Ilaria’s workouts but I have to be in the mood for them with all the repetition. Sometimes it’s sort of meditative and sometimes it drives me crazy. This one seemed harder than her other kickboxing workouts. The combinations seemed a little blah too. I think I like other offerings from her more.

Hope everyone is having a good night.
Old 01-13-22, 01:37 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Dang tough workout today.
Cathe Live #8 High Interval Cardio Step plus #126 Timesaver Step Grooves. #8 is great! But tough! Easy choreo but almost all higher impact blasts. Was really good, challenging and I was literally dripping!
#126 I didn't like as much because it had more choreography and I fumbled a few times. Not to mention about halfway through I just stopped and did the cooldown and stretch. WHEW! Tired and didn't feel like fumbling anymore.

Kim: I like Ilaria but sometimes just can't stand the repetition. I like her older stuff too.

Getting ready for some Yin yoga today. I've been going through several of Rudy Mettia's practices on udaya and he has a couple very nice Yin practices. I need it today! Step workouts slay my legs and butt!

HUGS

Old 01-14-22, 05:16 PM  
Jules

Kate - My brain fills up with new choreography at times also and I hit the mental wall. There is only so much new stuff I can take in at once!

I am feeling good today. I did Travis' Bend Don't Break again and it was just enough of a challenge but not over the top. I modified the really difficult arm balance pose. Yesterday I took the dog for an hour walk. On Wednesday I did Lauren's Potential and enjoyed it so much more than Messy Middle. Both Lauren and Travis talk too much for my taste at times, but something about the tone of Lauren's voice can make me feel rushed. Potential had some good sequencing and I will probably do it again.
Old 01-15-22, 10:19 AM  
Malinda

Thanks for starting the new thread, Kate!

I wrote a long post yesterday and it disappeared.

Jules - I agree with Kim, you are using your Covidcation wisely! I have read that you shouldn’t work out if you have Covid, even if you are asymptomatic. That is not easy for us vidiots!

Kim - The only Ilaria DVD that I have is the first Atletica, and I have a love/hate relationship with it. It has a major dread factor for me, but then after I finish it, I always think “I should do that one more often!” I love her, and the drumming, and even the repetition -- yes, meditative is a good word for it. It’s just so very different from any other workout I have, and I don’t quite know where to fit it into a rotation.

Kate - Such wonderful news about Justin. I hope the month of radiation goes quickly for him. I don’t like compound movements at all. I was toying with doing a 6 Weeks of the Work rotation, but in reviewing the workouts, I remembered that they have compound movements, so that’s a No for me.

Hi Linda!

Workouts this week:

Sun - L4 W6 D1 Chest & Tris circuit
Mon - L4 W6 D2 Back & Bis 50/50
Tues - 6 Weeks of the Work, Week 4 Cardio Core
Wed - L4 W6 D3 Shoulder intervals
Thurs - L4 W6 D4 - Legs HIIT
Fri - Pullups, pushups, swings, and back extensions

I always seem to falter at weeks 7 & 8 of LIIFT4, but I'm determined to see the rotation through to the end this time. He changes things up in the last two weeks, and I'm looking forward to giving it my all!

I forgot to “brag” on myself -- I actually did follow-through and do the 5 Parks 108 Sun Salutations workout on New Year’s Day! I anticipated the mental challenge of a 2.25 hour practice, but not the physical! Silly me. Erin showed several nice modifications, which I took advantage of throughout the practice. I was dripping in sweat and my wrists and hamstrings were pretty worn out by the end, but I did it! I’m really going to try to do more yoga this year -- but not that much yoga at one time!

Have an awesome weekend!!!!
Old 01-17-22, 03:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Weeeee, Monday again! No holiday for me.
Justin's radiation therapy starts on Wed. Every weekday until the end of Feb. Just praying for calm weather as we've been getting lots of snow storms lately.

Jules: the only way I can "get" a step workout with lots of intricate choreo is to watch over and over. There are still some Cathe's I just can't do. Get too stumbly.

Malinda: I tried of few of 6 Weeks of Work. I don't have any comments in my notes about compound exercises so maybe worth trying?
Did you really do 2.25 hours of Yoga? Amazing!

So I ended out last week with Cathe Live 117 Total Body Band & Glide. I picked this one for an "easier" day workout. YOW! Those bands really burned! Most of the leg work was with the gliders, bands for upper. No weights at all. Tougher than I expected. Would be a great travel workout!

Today was Live 251 Total Body Giant Sets 3. All three of these Giant Set workouts are great!!! The format on this one was legs, upper, legs, upper, core. Each set was done twice with 3 exercises each set. reps were 12-16. I went much heavier than Cathe. Feeling it!!

I also got Shaun T's Focus T25 set in a trade so I'm going to add in some for cardio. I did one of these ages ago with my BOD subscription. My only notes were that it was easier than Insanity. Well THAT'S good. Insanity is, well, Insane!

Have a great week! Hope everyone stays well! My younger son, DIL and 2 grandkids all had covid last week. Saturday they were allowed out! They were all vaccinated except for the little ones.

HUGS

Old 01-17-22, 08:27 PM  
Jules

Hey Gals! I returned to work today and so many kids were coughing. I am sure that there are a ton of kids with Covid at school who have not been tested, and almost none wear a mask. One 3rd grade girl was hacking nonstop into the neck of her shirt. I offered a her a mask and she said her parents said she shouldn't wear one. A couple more of our teachers tested positive today and went home for the week, including the 3rd grade teacher.

I started back with light exercise yesterday and plan to keep things mellow this week:

Sunday: Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3: Cardio Step Jam + Travis' Sleep Well: Stars
Monday: Jessica's WS3: Quick Fix Mile of Motivation + Total Body Training + Travis' Sleep Well: Serenity

I the Sleep Well practices. They are all about 30 minutes which is perfect for me right now.

Malinda: Wow on the sun salutations! That is quite an accomplishment! I don't know if I would have the patience to do it.

Kate: That Cathe Live workout sounds right up my alley. I will have to try if/when I every subscribe again. Have fun with Shaun T!

Waves to Kim and Linda!