Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-22, 01:39 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I wasn't aware that Margaret had any dvds left. That is fantastic news for anyone that wants to buy backups. I wouldn't trust her streaming, though I've really wanted to try it.
I don't believe that she offers DVDs (hard copy DVDs, that is). It's all digital now.

One can either subscribe to everything and stream, which I chose not to do; or buy individual DVDs that are all digital, which is what I'm interested in.
Old 10-19-22, 02:10 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
I don't believe that she offers DVDs (hard copy DVDs, that is). It's all digital now.

One can either subscribe to everything and stream, which I chose not to do; or buy individual DVDs that are all digital, which is what I'm interested in.
Ah okay. That makes more sense
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 02:29 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I wasn't aware that Margaret had any dvds left. That is fantastic news for anyone that wants to buy backups. I wouldn't trust her streaming, though I've really wanted to try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post

confirming that she no longer sells hard physical DVDs anymore.

and note my previous post that you don't get a "download" file that you can keep forever - that was my misunderstanding when i recently purchased one of her old workouts from her site that had now been converted to a digital format.

in other words, you DON'T have the ability to save it to your hard-drive, back it up on a DVD-R, etc.

you can only log in to the site and play the video you purchased.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-22, 03:13 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Thanks, Jeannine, for all that info. I'm a big Margaret Richard fan.
Old 10-20-22, 08:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Oh sorry I don't know about the downloads. I just know the streaming is extremely problematic. When I had it a couple of years ago I didn't have issues accessing the workouts but I think the problem has escalated recently. And it is very expensive compared to other streaming subscriptions.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 01:20 PM  
Negin

Oh, I do wish that she would hurry up and announce the sale already . Me, getting all impatient. I guess that no one here has heard anything.
Old 11-13-22, 01:22 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Oh sorry I don't know about the downloads. I just know the streaming is extremely problematic. When I had it a couple of years ago I didn't have issues accessing the workouts but I think the problem has escalated recently. And it is very expensive compared to other streaming subscriptions.
I am in her Facebook group and people constantly post that they cannot log on or it is not working.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 01:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I haven’t used her streaming service, agree that it’s pricey, but I have two seasons of Unplugged downloads. I bought them during one of her sales several years ago. They work great for me, never had any issues streaming them. I also like that each workout is fully chaptered.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-22, 02:11 AM  
Negin

I'm not interested in streaming. Depending on the discount, I'd like to buy several of her downloads.
Old 11-14-22, 09:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am in her Facebook group and people constantly post that they cannot log on or it is not working.
I know. I can't believe she can't resolve this. I think it was recently down for a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I haven’t used her streaming service, agree that it’s pricey, but I have two seasons of Unplugged downloads. I bought them during one of her sales several years ago. They work great for me, never had any issues streaming them. I also like that each workout is fully chaptered.
That's good to know that the downloads work great and are fully chaptered.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black friday, body electric, margaret richard, margaret richard download, margaret richard sale