Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-16, 12:08 PM  
suzannaerin

Daily meditation in 2017 so I don't let things stress me out as I did this year
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 12:49 PM  
Ann1964

I am not going to complain about my FAT stomach.Either I do something about it or its going to just stay. I know not healthy, but complaining gets me nowhere. I am doing whatever workout I feel like and not what I think I should do.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 01:53 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
BunnyHop, thank you for all of the information on the Tarot Cards
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Anna, thanks so much for your detailed response. ...
You're both very welcome. My interest in the subject came as a sort of a surprise. Some years ago I'd read Sharon Shinn's book Troubled Waters, one of her 'Elemental Blessings' series, and been intrigued by the idea of drawing (selecting) a blessing. Eventually I got around to printing out the blessing words (love, hope, patience ...) from her website, and put them on little glass stones. Put them in a jar and pick one as a meditative focus.

One thing led to another and the Ceccoli artwork caught my eye, then the tarot deck. Guess I've got a new hobby now.

I picked a new card every day for a good while last year, and studied about it and took some notes, then got distracted. Lately, I've just been picking a new card off the top of the deck so I'll eventually study all the cards in a faster time frame. (For whatever reason I kept picking lots of the same ones, fun, but I wanted to learn more about the deck as a whole. It hasn't been an every day in the morning thing because my life won't seem to let me do that, but it has been a consistent quiet moment activity that fits into my day as I can manage it. )

Any other advice, as long as I'm rambling on the subject ? Hmmm ... .

Really stop and think about whether or not a particular style of tarot appeals to you. I bought some just out of curiosity, and while I found some of them kind of intellectually interesting (the Hermetic and Voyager decks, for example), they just don't inspire my imagination to any thing at all. The International Icon Tarot is bright and colorful, the Wildwood Tarot and the Druidcraft Tarot would probably be useful for someone with a better sense of what, druidism? Natural magic? Not sure what to call it. Thoth? a completely different sort of deck. Kind of creepy, if you ask me, but it takes all kinds, right? (if we all liked the same thing ...)

Lenormand and oracle decks are completely different as well. I had no idea most of this stuff existed when I started poking around, and it was a bit of a rabbit hole, but I'm glad I did some exploring.

If you live in a part of the world where you might be able to go see some decks in person, I'd advise it. I was limited to whatever they had in stock at the big box book stores, so did most of my research online.

Sorry to ramble, have fun!
All this stuff really has helped my meditative practice, and in redirecting my overactive imagination. (Randomly choosing something specific to think about seems to be good for me.)

Oh, one more author: Mary Greer. She's big into astrology, IIRC, and honestly that doesn't much appeal to me, but I did appreciate reading about her perspectives.
Old 12-02-16, 04:30 PM  
muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post

I want to be that fit person and to hell with being skinny or only working out to see"results" I will train to be a fitter version of myself.
I love this!!!! Count me in on this too. Now can we talk about saddle bags??? Oh wait, wrong farm equipment. Sorry.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 04:48 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
i'm googling tractor butt.
:d
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 05:14 PM  
beanpeanut

Ann1964, that's such a great attitude to have!!

[QUOTE= I am doing whatever workout I feel like and not what I think I should do.[/QUOTE]

Second that! Sounds like an awesome plan to me!
beanpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 10:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I'll be exercising consistently in 2017.
I spent the better part of '16 rehabbing an ACL reconstruction. I'm officially healed (ie. no longer seeing my orthopedic surgeon for follow-ups) but I'm realizing my knee may not ever be what it was before injury.

Instead of bemoaning that fact, my goal is to take care of myself. To reverse the many ways that I felt this year aged me -- in a bad way (aches, pains, weight gain).
I was going to say the same thing...to be more consistent in 2017, since my exercise in 2016 was practically non-existent after a running injury in June. It took almost six months to even begin to feel like I could do some form of exercise on a regular basis. I have never been so lethargic and lacking in motivation. It was depressing having an injury that lasted so long, and I'm still not a hundred percent, but getting there. No slacking in 2017, if I can help it!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)

Last edited by Pam61; 12-02-16 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-16, 11:08 PM  
shoegoddess

What are you NOT doing in 2017

Not buying anymore workouts except Cathe.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-16, 07:40 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I was going to say the same thing...to be more consistent in 2017, since my exercise in 2016 was practically non-existent after a running injury in June. It took almost six months to even begin to feel like I could do some form of exercise on a regular basis. I have never been so lethargic and lacking in motivation. It was depressing having an injury that lasted so long, and I'm still not a hundred percent, but getting there. No slacking in 2017, if I can help it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I'll be exercising consistently in 2017.
I spent the better part of '16 rehabbing an ACL reconstruction. I'm officially healed (ie. no longer seeing my orthopedic surgeon for follow-ups) but I'm realizing my knee may not ever be what it was before injury.

Instead of bemoaning that fact, my goal is to take care of myself. To reverse the many ways that I felt this year aged me -- in a bad way (aches, pains, weight gain).
Just want to encourage both of you that you can regain a lot of strength and mobility after an injury! I could have written both your posts last year after tearing my rotator cuff in three places and a wonky hip. Even though I was mostly healed, it's never been the same and I found myself almost afraid to try anything but the most gentle workouts. I've had to be patient and really listen to my body, but this year I've been able to work up to more than I expected! I modify as needed, but I'm back to doing some of the really challenging workouts I used to enjoy, so take heart!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-16, 10:16 AM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
What are you NOT doing in 2017

Not buying anymore workouts except Cathe.
Amd Kelly Coffey Meyer! Unless its something really really good.

Tags
pancake a$$, resolutions, spongebob butt, tractor butt