Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-16, 09:44 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
Ok I just made up tractor butt.
But see what happens when you're creative . This thread will now go down in VF history. I'm tagging "tractor butt".

As for what I'm not doing in 2017 that I did in 2016:
  • Work too much overtime
  • Neglect yoga and feel good workouts
  • Rotations without a focus - this works for some people, and it's good short term for me, but I need more focus or I sometimes don't work out
  • Spend too much on workouts - I really went overboard this year.
  • Neglect my virgin workouts
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 09:57 AM  
leigh1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
What I'm not doing in 2017 that I did this year.

I'm NOT going to worry about "losing weight" Forget it.

I'm going to focus on getting fit. I'm going to train to get fit. To run longer, and faster. To deadlift a heavier weight. To manage a handstand pushup. To manage pullups.

I want to be that fit person and to hell with being skinny or only working out to see"results" I will train to be a fitter version of myself.
I love this -- can I borrow it for my answer too??

I can't really think of anything else that I won't be doing. I really like all the NEW stuff I tried in 2016 and will continue it in 2017 - those being: Barre3 streaming, Suzanne Bowen Fitness, Sleek Technique, TAM and Ellen Barrett (yes, I'm like a hundred years late to the TAM and EB party - LOL).
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 10:02 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
While I enjoyed barre workouts, they hurt my up-until-then healthy knees. So no barre for me either. What I most certainly will be doing however, is pilates. Pilates does wonders for my lower back and abs. And butt! Definitely no tractor butt with pilates!
Me too. It started out helping (SBF) but my back and hip hurt. I switched to barre3 for a year and that got better but then my knees and feet hurt...and then my hip hurt. Last summer I broke my pinky toe, found Pilates by Lisa and it healed everything. Even with 5 pounds on above what I weighed then(this came on almost overnight and I was told it was perimenopause not to sweat it), I wear the same size or slightly smaller. Pilates is my friend.
Old 12-01-16, 10:16 AM  
alisoncooks

I'll be exercising consistently in 2017.
I spent the better part of '16 rehabbing an ACL reconstruction. I'm officially healed (ie. no longer seeing my orthopedic surgeon for follow-ups) but I'm realizing my knee may not ever be what it was before injury.

Instead of bemoaning that fact, my goal is to take care of myself. To reverse the many ways that I felt this year aged me -- in a bad way (aches, pains, weight gain).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 11:01 AM  
Aunt Famous

I have enjoyed reading everyone's answers.

In 2017, I hope to get genuinely comfortable with how I train. I gained eight pounds overnight this year (shout out to aging!), and I occasionally panic and reach for high intensity workouts, which lead to aches and injury. I want to divorce weight from health and continue to do, without doubting, what I really enjoy. I need to tap into the joy of this morning, where I did 30 minutes of modern dance and 30 minutes of a yoga/balance/stretch/strength DVD. I felt so happy and content. I need to remind myself that that is what I'm after, not having the now-impossible body of a 20 something (which, I might add, I did not appreciate when I had it).

Writing is also good for my health since it helps me process things. I started blogging two years ago. I would like to take my writing up a level, and possibly work on a book. Like the workout goal, this requires a certain degree of confidence and courage to get comfortable with what I should -- and want -- to do.

I just want to grow into myself. The best version of myself. To embrace that I am a late bloomer. And to bloom like crazy.

xoxoxo,

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 12:22 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Costello View Post
I think you're confusing tractor butt with SpongeBob SquareButt.

Edit: Not to be confused with pancake a$$
Pancake a$$??? Are you talkin' to me???

In 2017, I plan to stop deluding myself that I will ever have any kind of a$$. After a year of assorted "butt-building" workouts, my butt is actually smaller. Firmer and tighter, but smaller. It's a firm pancake!

On the bright side, I figure all the work I have done is good for my hip and spine bone density. We'll find out at my next bone scan.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 12:36 PM  
FirmDeb

Love this thread.

I'm not going to neglect workouts like I have been doing and I'm getting a head start on 2017 this month. I have a rotation and I'm doing it.

Deb
FirmDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 12:42 PM  
Sollamyn

2016 has been a drag of a year for me in just about every facet of my life--except maybe my social life. Anyway--staying on-topic, I am going to make an effort during this month to figure out what workouts I can do now to improve my fitness level and then, unlike 2016, in 2017 I plan to stay consistent with my workouts and, eventually, to improve my fitness level. I have gained so much weight in past two to three years, but I know it will all level out to a healthier me if I could just get myself back in action, consistently. (Also, I've been working on gradually improving my diet and I hope to make some new good habits stick in the coming year.)

Donna
Old 12-01-16, 01:07 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
On the bright side, I figure all the work I have done is good for my hip and spine bone density. We'll find out at my next bone scan.
Good luck - let us know how it goes. The PT program I'm on now is a grueling regimen focused on the glutes, hips, spinal rotators and core. It's like doing Mari's Buns & Thighs 3X a day and add Brazil Butt Lift. I'm hoping to at least get a tankini butt out of it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-16, 01:42 PM  
sherry7899

Aunt Famous-I love your post! Do you do your own modern dance, or do you use a dvd? Either sounds very fun. I've been focusing on dance cardio which I'm finding way more enjoyable than any other types of cardio I've done. Yoga and dance cardio are my happy workouts. I need to force myself to get back to strength training. 2016 was a year of recurring injuries, insomnia and multiple bouts of bronchitis. I just want to be healthier in 2017 so I can exercise consistently.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pancake a$$, resolutions, spongebob butt, tractor butt