Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-13, 11:27 PM  
Inchworm

I've neglected my abs for 2 months. What ab w/o do you go to when resuming ab work?

It is amazing how you lose strength when you aren't using it in the way you had. I was doing JNL and doing great, but overdid it and had to scale back because it seems to lower my immune system and epstein barr kicks in. It's a shame because I LOVE to workout and was loving doing the quick intense workouts. Lately, I've been doing some pilates style leg work and almost PT style legs because my knee was acting up. I'm strong and totally motivated for working out but have to make sure not to over do it..... sucks. Anyway, although I've still been doing plank stuff, but not nearly as much, my abs have kind of regressed and I really want to "connect" with my abs again. Sometimes I feel like I'm just not feeling it right (maybe bc of my c-sections and stuff),

What ab workouts do you do to get your abs back into great condition?

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 07:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I know it's not for everyone, but I realized Exhale Core Fusion was amazing for my abs and the whole core area. I have almost all of them and don't use them in any specific rotation. They all work that area so well. I also found Tracey Mallett's Pilates Super Sculpt worked my abs and core really well also.
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 05:05 PM  
ruthular

I agree with PP. barre3 also has some great ab sections that never hurt my back (when my abs are weak I always no it because it's hard to unload the dishwasher first thing in the am.)
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 06:45 PM  
Sara1000

Another vote for Barre 3 core - it's 10 minutes, followed by a nice stretch. She incorporates a small ball but says you can use a rolled up towel. I like how it works with the ball.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 07:48 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Personally I've always hated doing abs (any c-curve excis gives me backpain..) but since starting TA workouts, I've grown to love her abs work! It's certainly different and I feel very effective!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 07:49 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Personally I've always hated doing abs (any c-curve excis gives me backpain..) but since starting TA workouts, I've grown to love her abs work! It's certainly different and I feel very effective!
Which workout of hers are you doing?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote