Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-12, 07:36 AM  
Sharaz

I don't know if is good or not. What I would do if I want to add more mass is only one heavy load butt workout per week. I mean heavy that next day you experience doms and have trouble sitting on the toilet. That's when you know that you are stimulating grow. Muscles need to recover to grow, so I will do it one day a week. You can have two legs workouts. One focused on quads/thigh and one glutes/hams. If I use some barre lower body workouts during the week, I'll leave a day in between body part workout to recover. I personally perform and lift better when I left the body part to recover fully.

As red panda I like to trow some barre to get some isometrics stimulation on the butt. It also depends on how fast you recover. I can train legs very other day without any problem. Check this article about recovery.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/19...ecover-faster/

I forgot about sprints (included on Brett's program) I like to do them on the track because I can really go at my max. I worry about the treadmill because I run fast and is hard to desacelerate safely. But treadmill is ok, just one must be careful.

WARNING: don't open if you get offended by artistic nude photography

Here is picture on the ESPN 2011 body issue of USA Sprinter Natasha. 147 pounds haha prove that muscle weight more than fat

http://espn.go.com/espnw/body-issue/...tasha-hastings

The new ESPN 2012 body issue is up. They have two USA Track and Field Sprinters including Carmelita Jeter. Her picture is great picture too. I love the ESPN Body Issue and admire the bodies of those wonderful athletes.

There are genetics involved, but if you hit the butt hard results will come. Look Pauline Nordin.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/buil...fect-butt.html
Old 07-27-12, 08:20 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
My SO said that I look that I swallow two basketball balls (he's exaggerating to much) lol
That's some imagery there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
WARNING: don't open if you get offended by artistic nude photography

Here is picture on the ESPN 2011 body issue of USA Sprinter Natasha. 147 pounds haha prove that muscle weight more than fat

http://espn.go.com/espnw/body-issue/...tasha-hastings

The new ESPN 2012 body issue is up. They have two USA Track and Field Sprinters including Carmelita Jeter. Her picture is great picture too. I love the ESPN Body Issue and admire the bodies of those wonderful athletes.
Sharaz, those ESPN galleries are just gorgeous - thanks for sharing!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 10:34 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I agree about heavy deadlifts and swings!

This no-equipment "Butt Blaster" circuit showed up on my YouTube subscriptions.
http://youtu.be/jweOr5fxvmI

I tried it just now with 10 reps of each exercise. Whew!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 02:24 PM  
Kyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Did you follow the progression/phases as below (if so, how)? Would you mind sharing your program?

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...glute_myth&cr=

This one. I followed the phases pretty much to the letter except the last one, as I was doing a half marathon training program at the time that included some speed work - so I essentially did speed work once a week (on the running plan) instead of every five days as he suggests.

The early phases, I followed to what I felt was their natural conclusion - that is, the point at which I felt as if I needed to add too many extraneous variables to get something out of the exercises. I took that as a sign to go on. So it was maybe 3, 4 weeks per phase, I think, on average. I was in no hurry. That said, you could probably go on with the glute strength phase indefinitely, but IMO the point isn't to do that, it's to put that strength to use, so I moved on.

HTH.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 08:21 PM  
yahoo205

Pick two exercises and perform two sets of ten reps with a five-second isometric hold up top:

Is that a 5 second isometric hold up top for each rep? Thanks.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 09:18 PM  
Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post

Is that a 5 second isometric hold up top for each rep? Thanks.
That's how I do them. You might want to consider Bret Contreras' and Kellie Davis' book Strong Curves, which is coming out soon, I hope.
Amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 09:46 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I actually own Lotte Berk's High Round Assets and just reviewed the dvd few minutes ago, for the first time since I got it several years ago. I'm surprised, how good it really is! The only thing that bothered me was the modifier Barbara's hair, which was plentiful and all over the place, but the workout itself is good. I guess, I was not up to barre when I originally bought this dvd. I think I really should revisit some of my VERY old gems!
Old 08-23-12, 09:56 PM  
daisysunshine

you can have mine. lol goodness knows I could do with a lot less of it.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-12, 09:58 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
you can have mine. lol goodness knows I could do with a lot less of it.
Butt or dvd?
Old 08-23-12, 10:57 PM  
daisysunshine

butt lol

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight exercises, bret contreras, butt, clam, glute, glute activation, glute atrophy, glutes, gluteus medius, spongebob butt