Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-11-11, 08:53 AM  
Inchworm

Marika,

Do you do all of the workouts on the BBL set? I find I only use Bum Bum and High and Tight. I'm wondering if the others are worth doing. Do you use any of the other workouts and do you like the Sculpt?

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 09:00 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
'Cuz I'm developing a major dread factor for barre - but I really like the results.

I never thought traditional squats, leg presses, floor work did much for my glutes, but maybe I just wasn't consistant enough?
Sara, Have you tried doing a hybrid of traditional lower body work, and barre inspired lower body work. The barre work seems to 'refine' the results I get with traditional lunges, squats, and dips etc...
Old 09-11-11, 09:38 AM  
Sara1000

I don't understand the concept of kettlebells. I was always taught swinging weights was cheating and dangerous, so I never really considered looking into KB. I'm going to read the thread that's dicussing them now.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 09:55 AM  
Inchworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Second Ballet Body...did a foldover glute workout today that was amazing! Floorwork does great for my legs, really leans them out, but it also shrinks my butt (which for some people is a good thing, I guess, but I already have small hips and butt), and Ballet Body was what I returned to when I needed to "rebuild".

Currently doing Meta Omni but combining it with Ballet Body to get the best of both worlds, hopefully!
Hi,

Where can I get this Ballet Body Foldover work? Is it a download? If you download it, where does it go?

Thanks,
Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 10:45 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
I'm glad to read this and started KB workouts today. I hope to see all the results I have read about here
Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Best butt of my life - definitely bigger, but still better than small pancake butt.
Exactly my experience!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 11:33 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Best butt of my life - definitely bigger, but still better than small pancake butt.
Yes, it was kind of funny to hear my husband tell me I was getting bumps back there LOL
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 11:34 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Hi,

Where can I get this Ballet Body Foldover work? Is it a download? If you download it, where does it go?

Thanks,
Kelly
www.balletbody.com

I would suggest starting with Basics 1 and 2. Each has a glute foldover workout. Yes, these are downloads. When you buy them, Leah sends you the download link. On my computer, they go into the downloads folder and then I drag and drop them into my Fitness/Ballet Body folder. I use Windows Media Center to play them on my TV through Xbox, but there are a bunch of other ways to play them as well.

She IS coming out with 3 DVD's before the end of the year. One will be upper body, one will be lower body, and one will be core (I think that's right).

The workout I mentioned was #10 and is in Archives 1-16, but that is $40 and you probably don't want to spend that much at first.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 12:32 PM  
Tugger31

I'll have to second Kettlebell swings even though I havent done them yet!! I have Ilaria's Atletica workout which is modified kettlebell workout with dumbells and my glutes were so sore the next day!

The other time I felt my glutes like that was with Margaret Richards' Home Improvement floorwork, so I second the MR rec as well!

Coming in next would be either Tonique Mat or Squeeze & Squeeze Stronger
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 12:54 PM  
goldillocks

Tonique 1, Tonique 2 and Tonique Mat
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 12:55 PM  
MARIKA

Kelly, I did the whole Slim & Lift rotation as designed. After that I only did BB and High & Tight. Funny I didn't do Sculpt more often because I think it's a great workout too.

Tags
barre, barre butt, butt, glutes, pretzel, spongebob butt