Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-11, 05:36 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Ditto - I would buy more of her DVDs if I could tell them apart. With some DVDs, like Leslie's, it's a spontaneous purchase. I may see it on sale at Target. But lately, I've been reluctant to buy a Leslie DVD because I have no idea if I already own it. (I guess I could compile a list.)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 02:21 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
all I can say is, *I'd sign your petition* I agree whole heartedly. But, after all these years, she doesn't care. Her house is gorgeous. Her children are grown and she is in what we call, good shape. She said, she's not going to change a thing cause people still love her and her corny cackling. Her smile is not contagious to me. There are some smiles that scare the insides out and I'm glad I don't have to see them every day also. lol
I agree. Some people welcome change and seek it out now and then, even if just to keep themselves mentally &/or creatively stimulated. She's not about to change though - clearly she LOVES familiarity - and she probably can't think of one good reason why she should. I'll bet she has a good chuckle over conversations about her "changing". Sure, when pigs fly. Her home life is probably the same. If it's Saturday night it must be hot dog and hamburger night. Or make that just hot dogs. You wouldn't want too many choices now, would you.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 02:27 PM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Her home life is probably the same. If it's Saturday night it must be hot dog and hamburger night. Or make that just hot dogs. You wouldn't want too many choices now, would you.
I eat the same foods each week and I do certain workouts on certain days at certain times. Must be why I love Leslie so much! LOL. We're two dull peas in a boring pod.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 02:31 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
I eat the same foods each week and I do certain workouts on certain days at certain times. Must be why I love Leslie so much! LOL. We're two dull peas in a boring pod.
Except she can afford a cook and other household staff. Oh wait, maybe you can too. I can't stand hot dogs. But I see Leslie as a hot dog kind of gal. (No offense to hot dog lovers.....)
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 03:19 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

SZ you're cracking me up! However, in Leslie's defense I will say that I've seen her nutrition book and watched her cooking segments on her video, and I don't believe she's the hot dog type. She's not into processed foods.

BUT - I'll bet Saturday night at her home is Italian sausage 'n peppers night, with the caveat that she makes the sausages fresh from scratch.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 03:29 PM  
2ndgen

I like familiarity but have been dealing with change and that is inevitable. I do not begrudge Leslie not changing, that is why I love her, the familiarity. I just WOULD kind of like to be able to tell the workouts apart before I buy. It is one thing for her to produce nice nostalgic workouts and it is another to keep repackaging them and making it really hard for the consumer to know what they are buying.

I certainly don't begrudge her a nice life, nice house, nice children. Why would I begrudge anyone that?

And how do we know she likes hot dogs?
Old 08-07-11, 09:39 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm fine with some changes. I like Leslie's workouts where she is alone. It is somehow refreshing and she doesn't get quite as manic.

I just wish she'd figure out some better ways to title her workouts.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 10:43 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Leslie and the Penguins
Leslie and the Grandmas!!!
Leslie and the Chargers do it one Moe Time!!!
Leslie Revs it up.....
Leslie and the Orange and Black
Leslie in the Pink and Black
Leslie does Black again...

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 02:37 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
But lately, I've been reluctant to buy a Leslie DVD because I have no idea if I already own it.
Exactly!

That's why I haven't purchased a Leslie DVD in a couple of years and why she needs to change just a teeny-tiny-itty-bitty-bit so we can tell her workouts apart.

Maybe she could sub-number them like CIA did.

I just want to know if I already own it or not (and whether "the usual suspects" are in it and whether it is filmed "in the batcave") before I plunk down my money.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-11, 03:11 PM  
roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Dear Leslie,

You are one of my favorite instructors. I have used your videos for years. I need to ask you a favor. Would you please start giving your videos numbers or colors or SOMETHING so that I can tell them apart? The titles are all almost the same. The covers are all mostly the same. You, reaching out from the box with a crazed look in your eyes.

I wanted to do one of your old workouts and I couldn't recall the name. It's the one with the William Tell music and the weighted gloves. I looked at my Leslie shelf and realized I had NO IDEA which video it was.

Sincerely,
Alta-Tude
William Tell music?
roz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bat cave, leslie sansone, power walking system, which leslie is this?, workout titles