Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-09, 06:21 PM  
gigi

CLX Bug Has Bit Me Again...

I'm finally going to do it again. I loved my first rotation with this set. I was worried about doing it again b/c I'm having to take a couple of rest days during the week as I adjust to my school/work schedule and life change. But I'm just going to go for it! I'm starting right now. On nights I'm tired I think I'll be able to talk myself into a short weight workout and on nights I have energy I'll add short cardio. On nights I'm tired I'll add short yoga or just do the planned CLX workout. I did break down and order Mindy's Bosu workouts from Mary but I'm sending a check so those will probably take a bit to get here. I'll be able to work them in and just make my workout week a bit longer if I have to. I think CLX will actually help me stay on track. Off to get started on my second round with CLX. I can't believe it's taken me this long to get to it again b/c I just it!
Old 08-29-09, 09:04 PM  
MelissaR

I'm finishing my 2nd CLX rotation (I'm just starting the "Lean for Life" phase; it's after the Lean Phase). I really love this rotation! I wish Chalean would come out with more workouts that are similar to CLX in the type of workout & length. After this rotation, I'm going to try doing a rotation of New Rules of Lifting for Women. It will be my first time working out without a DVD to follow. If it doesn't click, then it's good to know I can go back & do a 3rd round of CLX.
MelissaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 10:01 PM  
gigi

Hi Melissa,
There are supposed to be some more CLX workouts coming but I don't think it's more strength work. There has been no info. as of late. The only flaw with CLX is it's a BB product....boo.
Old 08-30-09, 12:46 AM  
RachelleS

I will be starting my second Lean phase next week - my second go around with CLX has been much more relaxed and I'm not taking measurements. I'm not losing weight at all but then I didn't lose much the first time either but I did in inches. I'm scared to do Lean again - that was the one that wasn't my favorite out of all four but I know it's the month that is the most important when it comes to losing inches. Good Luck Gigi - I love this program too.

The new workouts were done months ago and were suppose to come out in July. I'm guessing BB has some marketing reason why they haven't been released yet - Insanity and Shakeology maybe??? Makes me mad.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 05:30 AM  
cardio.junkie

What are the differences between the burn phase and Lean? I have did Burn, but not Lean yet. I feel like I should know the answer here....... TIA!
cardio.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 08:46 AM  
munchkin78

If I remember correctly, Lean has more balance elements (planks, one legged squats, etc) than Burn.

I did a CLX rotation a few months back but had to cut it short due to other circumstances. I loved these workouts though and can't get motivated to follow another rotation -- so I'm starting again today. THis go around I'm adding extra cardio and sub other workouts for the CLX cardio and intervals.

Is the CLX check-in still going? I'd love to join in if it is.

Melissa
munchkin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 08:59 AM  
cardio.junkie

A-ha, thanks for the info Melissa!
cardio.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 09:05 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Gigi, I'm looking forward to doing CLX again when it isn't so blasted hot down here. I'm not up for heavy-duty-anything until then. Right now I'm doing P57 (LOVE those things!) and Kirsch 7DP. But maybe in another couple weeks I'll be right there with ya!
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 10:47 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Angela, I haven't stopped doing CLX. I've been doing these workouts since January and have yet to tire of them. Right now, I'm starting my second week of Push. I'm combining CLX with Insanity this time around. What I really like about this combination is that I am still losing during the Push phase instead of the temporary 5 lb. gain that happened my first time around.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 10:52 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

That's outstanding, Deb! Too bad Insanity is too insane for me.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote