Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-07, 11:47 PM  
spotted zebra

Question Margaret Richard's "All My Best" vs "Classics"

Can anyone tell me how Margaret Richard's "All My Best" compares to the "Classics Collection". Or just more about "All My Best". I love those older routines on the Classics set, more than her newer and less intense "Unplugged" series. I'm wondering if there's enough older material on "All My Best" to make it worth my while(?), or if I should just stick to the Classics dvds.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-07, 01:01 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

I don't have the "Classics" but have both All My Best tapes. What I like about them is that they give me enough of a taste for her older workouts to decide if I want the full workout or not. And they are fun in their variety. And giving you a feel for Margaret's history

And they are each really pretty good workouts for total body. HTH
Old 08-05-07, 02:55 PM  
spotted zebra

Thanks, Lydia. The variety does sound like fun, like more of what I like the most. I wish I could exchange Unplugged for All My Best! But somehow I don't think they'd go for that. And not a sale in sight... It's hard justifying buying another one of her dvds after buying Unplugged. I guess I can always hold out for her Christmas sale.
Old 08-05-07, 05:14 PM  
Gardengirl

How about doing 2 of the Unplugged workouts at once. That's what I've been doing. 20 minutes just didn't feel like enough, but when I added another of the Unplugged to it, it felt just about right. I'll do a warm up and then 2 of the Unplugged with one cool down at the end. Or, if you really don't like the Unplugged, I'm sure you can sell them over at Yaya's.

Eta: SpottedZebra, I just pm'd you.
Old 08-05-07, 06:51 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi Spotted! I have the Classics and the All My Best DVD. I suggest buying the All My Best DVD because it has a lot of variety, including workouts that are older and a bit newer, and more up-to date than the workouts that are on the Classics. All My Best is chaptered well and you can mix and match body part sections. It's one of my favorites by Margaret. Do you get Margaret's Body Electric show on PBS? I sometimes tape it and put several shows together to form one workout (the show is only 15 minutes here).
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-07, 11:56 AM  
spotted zebra

Abbe - Thanks for the input! The closest PBS station in Seattle doesn't air Body Electric. I've emailed them about that and made my request. Personally I think all interested VFer's who don't get to see Margaret Richard's program should email PBS en masse! I bet I'd like her show with the original music a lot more.

I like yours and Gardengirl's idea about doing several of her shows together. I'll try that with Unplugged tomorrow morning.

And yes, All My Best sounds like a must have! I've emailed MR to try to find out if there are any discounts coming up. Money's a bit tight right now but I'd like to get that one.
Old 08-06-07, 12:10 PM  
spotted zebra

For anyone who wants to contact PBS to let them know you want Margaret's show added to their schedule, here's their web page which will lead you to your local station:

http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/index.html

If your local station is KCTS (Seattle area, shown in BC Canada) here's their email address: viewer@kcts.org
Old 08-06-07, 03:03 PM  
Raphig

Another request to KCTS

Thank you for the email address to KCTS. I just emailed them requesting Body Electric and Classical Stretch be added to their offerings. I don't know why I hadn't ever thought of sending them an email. I was so frustrated when fellow VFers would talk about these shows and I was left in the dark. Of course, I had to buy a DVD from each of them so I could check them out. But it would be much better (and cheaper) if they were offered on our local PBS station.

Terri
Raphig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 08:04 PM  
spotted zebra

Terri - I never thought about asking for Classical Stretch on KCTS. Great idea!

Tags
all my best, margaret richard