Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-08, 09:59 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
I think the first has 8 workouts whereas the others have less. So the one with the 8 workouts is a better deal.

Margaret is also having a sale now.
Wouldn't ya know it, Volume 1 is out of stock but due in later. However, there is no mention of a sale, just $49.95 at her website. Do I need a code or something? Unless you mean her "buy my book and DVD" combo price?
Old 02-21-08, 10:13 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yes that's the sale. Buy her dvd at regular price and buy her book for $10 extra. Because I get charged sales tax it's cheaper for me to buy the book at Amazon, so it's not much of a sale to me. Assuming I even want the book.

ETA - I have All My Best (4 1/2-hr workouts, great variety), Unplugged 1900 vol 1 (8 1/2-hr workouts), and pre-ordered Unplugged 2000 vol 1 (8 1/2-hr workouts), and I think they all offered good value for the price.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 08:04 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit
Wouldn't ya know it, Volume 1 is out of stock but due in later. However, there is no mention of a sale, just $49.95 at her website. Do I need a code or something? Unless you mean her "buy my book and DVD" combo price?
Yes on her site is says "PRESALE SPECIAL! MARGARETS NEW BOOK AND ANY DVD OR VIDEO'S $59.95". This time around she did not exclude "The Classics" for the sale.

To me $59.95 to get "The Classics and her book" would be an awesome price. Her Classics alone is $79.95.
Old 02-22-08, 08:11 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Nope, doesn't include the Classics. Try clicking on it and you'll get a link to buy both for 89.95. Trust me, I would've been on that like a heartbeat.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 08:21 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Nope, doesn't include the Classics. Try clicking on it and you'll get a link to buy both for 89.95. Trust me, I would've been on that like a heartbeat.
Thanks for the bad news Lucky Star. I was so blinded by the "Any" in her wording I wanted it to include The classics.
Old 02-22-08, 09:43 AM  
naturallove

I don't have any of Margaret's workouts, but when I was a young teen (and trying to lose weight and get into shape) I used her workouts. Don't sleep on Margaret. Her lower body especially would kick my butt! I suspect she'd do the same today!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 11:44 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I did Raising the Bar for the first time yesterday and today I have "delicious" (as Margaret would say) DOMS in my triceps. I love working triceps hard!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 02:23 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Abbe, thanks so much for sharing the info on Margaret's show and not being compensated for all that work! I do love her and her workouts and don't mind paying what I do for them, though I do have to save up for each purchase Now though, it helps to have an idea why they're so pricey compared to say, Amy or Kelly.
Old 02-22-08, 03:16 PM  
Erica

I absolutely love Margaret. I wouldn't be a vidiot if it wasn't for her/her show.

When I was a skinny teen (12 or 13), I came across Body Electric on television one day and gave it a shot. I became hooked. I bought my first dumbbells because of MR. The show didn't come on until 10 PM in my area, so I worked out every weeknight from 10-10:30 with her.

Memories.
Erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-08, 04:06 PM  
junadelam

I just looked up her show on my local PBS station. Boy, I'd have to get up an hour earlier than usual to catch her show at 6:45am M-F.

If I ever have a Zzzz surplus, I may do this. Her style seems like my thing lately.
junadelam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard, margaret richard results, triple threat