Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-07, 05:11 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211
Here's a listing of the songs that Margaret used for the current TV series (i.e., the Unpluggeds) : http://www.bodyelectrictv.com/Exercise&Music.htm

She's got great taste in music.
Doesn't she though! While I was sitting there watching my Body Electric recording I was just mezmerized by her music choices, and they fit with what she was doing so well. Also, you could definitely tell that she likes to dance and has rhythm. It is important to her to keep with the music, and she has this little bounce to the music.

(thank you guys for your nice comments re: my posts )

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 08:30 PM  
Gardengirl

I just discovered Margaret this year too (thanks Stephanie). I love the Unplugged series. Yep, they're expensive but they're pretty versatile. The best scenery in any of my videos!!! While I do love her music, sometimes no music and the babbling brook is nice too.
Old 11-19-07, 12:11 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

to follow up on an earlier post- on MR's board, she says that she pretty much does the workouts like she offers in her dvds - I seem to recall 3 total body workouts x week and I think lots of walking for cardio. She teaches live classes in where she lives. Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 01:14 PM  
PhyllisG

I don't know if this was mentioned but I see on amazon that MR has a book coming out in March 2008.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 05:45 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane C
I am a big fan of the MR Unpluggeds. I have them all and use them frequently. I find them very user friendly, they're easy to mix and match, and I love tht I can use my own music. I love Margaret's personality on the programs, the nice outdoor set, and I find them surprisingly effective.
Jane, I've sent you a PM.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 06:05 AM  
dsr4

Second the rec about Home Improvement. Totally awsome, no nonsense workout. I have to pull that out again.

Donna
dsr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-08, 09:23 PM  
videofit

The song breakdown link was informative in that I could see which body parts she worked on for each show, so I'm guessing, if you just do it day by day, you will get full body workouts. It's just too expensive for me right now.

Has anyone bought her Classics DVD, with Home Improvement -- I have the VHS and LOVE the floorwork -- 40 and Fabulous, High Voltage and Body Electric? That one is tempting me, unless someone prefers one of the others.
Old 02-20-08, 05:55 PM  
ms1971

Hi.
I have an old vhs of MR Non-Impact Fitness Formula that I did for the first time yesterday. At the beginning she says something about doing some Home Improvement, so I think it's the same workout. Anyone know if they are the same workout? I was looking at her book on Amazon yesterday, I'm going to get the library to order it. My butt and legs and sore and even my arms which surprises me because I only used 3 lb weights, I usually do heavy with low reps. They don't play any exercise shows on the PBS station here in Seattle.

Mel
ms1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 08:08 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit
Has anyone bought her Classics DVD, with Home Improvement -- I have the VHS and LOVE the floorwork -- 40 and Fabulous, High Voltage and Body Electric? That one is tempting me, unless someone prefers one of the others.
I know several people here have that one - Abbe for one, I believe, and maybe Spotted Zebra too?

I prefer short total body workouts so out of those mentioned I only have High Voltage on VHS, since that's a 1-hr workout that also runs as two 30min full-body routines. But I do have and really enjoy All My Best, as it has snippets of those older workouts (plus others) on its programmable 1-hr dvd format.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-08, 08:52 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit
I have the Classics DVD because Body Electric is my favorite Margaret Richards' workout. I don't think I've even done the other three because I love Body Electric so much.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard, margaret richard results, triple threat