Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-24-07, 09:34 PM  
Janine

Tell me about Margaret Richards

I'm just wondering if any of you have seen results with Margaret Richards.
I recently got a couple of her tapes in a trade and have only done one of them so far. In this one (can't remember the name) she uses light weights
and does floor work for lower body. I don't know much about her and have never seen her on TV. I've read some threads on her lately and was interested in trying her workouts. I'd just like some opinions on how effective
this type of workout is. She looks great!
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 02:43 PM  
akaAnnie

I also just got a Margared Richard video and was wondering the same thing.
Ann
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 03:27 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

As far as I know, all of her stuff is light weight high rep. I had seen her name in here many times, but basically had no interest because her workouts are priced really ridiculous IMO. But I did see some of her stuff on FitTv Body Electric, and I was surprised that I liked what I saw, for that kind of work. So I recorded some of her programs. I have definitely gotten some 'burn' using her stuff, but haven't used it enough to comment about results, but she has many fans, and judging from the workouts I have done, I would say you would definitely get results!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 03:30 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

MR is one of the queens of high rep low weight work but her newer ones (Good N Strong) allows me to heavy up. As far as results, when I sprained my ankle I switched to only strength training with MR, often using her longest workouts (Sculptures and Triple Threat) - my upper body especially my arms looked awesome. She is often described as "killing you softly" I mean, it's just a leg lift, right ?? Her personality is somewhat low key and she is an instructor I can face even when my life is over the top!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 04:39 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Don't underestimate her. With that soft music and smile she can still kill you. Her floor works are awesome and very effective. My butt and legs are screaming for mercy at the end. My favorite is "Home improvement" that is tons of floor work, and a very long session of triceps and biceps at the end. If I choose the right -- not too light-- weight I can feel my triceps for days.
What I love about her is that she always makes me smile. Very classy, very nice and yet not phony. You won't get your heart rate up with her stuff, but you will get a decent workout. If it's your lower body that needs improvement, she is the winner. A lot of moves are similar to iballet, if you like that. Good luck, Mari

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 06:05 PM  
PhyllisG

Is her site the only place to purchase her workouts and is there anywhere to view a clip? Now I am curious. I have never seen her TV program.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 07:25 PM  
akaAnnie

I've just had a chance to briefly look at my new video, but I think I'll like it. I also like the half hour lenght, especially for during the week. Mari, which of her workoouts have the iballet-like moves for lower body?
Ann
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 08:58 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Killing me softly with her smile...

but Mari said it: don't underestimate the lady...don't or you will be sorry!

Margaret stresses good form which makes a huge difference in whether you'll feel it in the right place. She uses light weights but does a lot of reps...use those light weights!

Her personality is sometimes the real reason I choose her...she is very low-key and calming. And she takes her time setting up for each exercise and also in doing them...no rushing here. Many evenings, she's the only one I an face But once I start working out, then, well, by then I don't mind pushing myself

Margaret's workouts are pricey, but I'm willing to pay for them as I know I'll use them.
Old 11-17-07, 09:34 PM  
spotted zebra

I also love Margaret's understated, calm personality and often reach for her workouts for that reason. Add to that her great form pointers and terrific routines - I always feel like my time is so well spent with her. She is one of my favorites for sure. When you work out with Margaret you feel like you are in good hands.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 09:58 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I haven't done enough Margaret to really judge her effect on my body, but here's what puzzles me: I'm always always always hearing/reading that without using heavy weights to failure (few reps) you won't really build strength and increase metabolism, and that all the high-rep workouts are inefficient time-wasters. Then I look at Margaret Richard and Karen Voight and think, can they only be following their own programs?, because they have awesome muscle and I'd to have their figures.
So, what's the truth then?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard, margaret richard results, triple threat