Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-07, 04:41 PM  
clemency

Quote:
The prices are so silly...if I want to workout with MR, I can tune in just about every morning at 6am on PBS and do it for free. You would think she would lower her prices to compete with herself!!!
I know, that's what I keep thinking. Maybe the videos are substantially different from the show in some way. By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Margaret's show has the most annoying theme song ever? That horribly strident, shrieky, warbly soprano voice. . ."I siiiiing the Body Eleeeectric!" Urgh.
clemency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 04:44 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT
TYou would think she would lower her prices to compete with herself!!!
Gardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 04:54 PM  
sherry7899

Not everyone can see her shows -not all PBS stations carry them.

I wish she'd lower her prices, too. I'd have bought more of her workouts if they weren't so expensive. I really enjoy her workouts very much!

Sherry

As for the theme song, I guess they didn't want to pay for rights for Irene Cara's version of the song (from the movie Fame)
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 05:47 PM  
TinaT

I do realize that not everyone can view her on PBS, just like Classical Stretch. I have no access through my PBS station. It depends on what part of the country you're in. But just knowing all the viewers that DO have access, still makes me scratch my head at the prices.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 06:24 PM  
normandy

Quote:
The prices are so silly...if I want to workout with MR, I can tune in just about every morning at 6am on PBS and do it for free. You would think she would lower her prices to compete with herself!!!
I automatically dvr'd her shows for about 2 weeks, but they're only 1/2 hour, and by the time she warmed up and cooled down, I didn't get that much out of it. Many many many years ago, she used to be on PBS for an hour.
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 06:48 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by normandy
I automatically dvr'd her shows for about 2 weeks, but they're only 1/2 hour, and by the time she warmed up and cooled down, I didn't get that much out of it. Many many many years ago, she used to be on PBS for an hour.

I happen to get Margaret's show on my PBS but I don't get Classical Stretch and I have 3 PBS stations. Margaret's show on my PBS is only 25 min. and everyday she only does one body part. So I would definitely say that her workouts are the better choice if you wanted to do all upper body or lower body. If not you'd have to make the time to watch the show. And for some people this isn't practical. The good thing about the show is that it has no commercials in it. Fit TV has so many commercials that you can't keep your heartrate up.
Old 04-14-07, 07:41 AM  
sherry7899

Sundari,

On Body Electric, Margaret does three or four body parts in each show-at least in all of the episodes I have. Each episode is a mix of upper/lower body parts. On her webiste, there is a breakdown of which body parts are worked on every episode.

HTH-
sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 08:31 AM  
Lorianne

I agree, too expensive. I'd love to try her workouts, but like Annette said, this is a costly hobby.
I hear such great things about her workouts, went to check them out & was really quite shocked at the prices.
I don't get to see her television show either.
Lorianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 09:53 AM  
spacecandy

Quote:
I would if I could but my local PBS doesn't have her on.
spacecandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 10:20 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmonroe
I just called to place and order and I could get past the $59.99 but the total order was over 74 bucks so I told them I would pass.
I should say so! Not to knock Margaret's fans but I can't imagine ever paying $74 for an exercise video - not with the wealth of choice out there. The days of the $50 Firm pre-orders are over (for me anyway).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard, margaret richard sale